Page 184 of 386 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    sad to see this stuff in very young actors, and sad one of the XMen actors has to deal with this, and even more this being their first x-movie
    Well I mean...He could just not use drugs in the first place then he wouldn't have to deal with being refused entry into a country.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Well I mean...He could just not use drugs in the first place then he wouldn't have to deal with being refused entry into a country.
    We don't know how or why he fell into using drugs. Addictions (If he's an addict) are incredibly hard to break. I just hope that he gets the help and support he needs to get clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Illyanas2 View Post
    its a pity they didnt cast Alfie Enoch for Roberto, cut the beard and he looks like he is still in harry potter, is brazilian descent, has the preppy look and charm. Ginourmous wasted oportunity.

Robertos casting is white washing plain and simple, cause I belive henry zaga is originated from the southern part of brazil, knowed for its huge caucasian population, Cecilia with alice braga is a case of colorism and white passing, because she has african, native and portuguese descendacy.
    Alfred was my first choice too. But I think he was slightly older and maybe there were scheduling conflicts with HTGAWM?

Regarding Zaga, Brazilians are split over whether he is Caucasian or not. Some of them consider him white while some claim he's POC. Unless he clarifies it himself, we will not know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    A conviction for drug possession would be a permanent ban, yeah. I also believe anyone determined to be a drug addict (without a conviction) is inadmissible. There may be ways he'll be allowed in the US again and his acting career won't be ruined, but it'll take some effort.

He should have kept his mouth shut. But for admitting that he used cocaine, it probably would be much harder to prove he knew the cocaine residue was there.
    Well, he freaked out and didn't want to take the chance when caught. So that's understandable.

I hope this doesn't affect subsequent appearances of Sam in the X-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, he freaked out and didn't want to take the chance when caught. So that's understandable.

It won't, if he works towards straightening himself out. If drug addiction was capable of stopping actors and actresses. Many of the movies we watch wouldn't even have a cast to speak of. It's pretty rampant in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    It won't, if he works towards straightening himself out. If drug addiction was capable of stopping actors and actresses. Many of the movies we watch wouldn't even have a cast to speak of. It's pretty rampant in Hollywood.
    I mean coz he isn't an American citizen and wasn't allowed to enter the country. If it is a permaban then I doubt they would go to great lengths to avoid filming in the US just for him (even though Canada is where Deadpool and the main X-films are shot nowadays, NM was shot in Boston). They'd either replace him or may even exclude the character altogether.

Of course, all these are worst case scenarios though.

Spectacular Member

Maybe he's a method actor and took inspiration from early Simonson.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It also happens to a lot of other people, but if he had said nothing or "I want a lawyer" he would be in a better position, not worse.

That's the big concern I have. I'm rooting for him to do well, but let's face it, there are tons of people each year denied entry due to drugs and our stupid, antiquated laws. I'm only rooting for him because he's an actor playing a character I like and I'd prefer to see more of him. I do think they'll manage to work this out, but most non-immigrants and lawful permanent residents don't get that opportunity.

Maybe Charles Soule can help him out
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    That's not how addictions work... a healthy person wouldn't jeopardized his/her career just for some substance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    We don't know how or why he fell into using drugs. Addictions (If he's an addict) are incredibly hard to break. I just hope that he gets the help and support he needs to get clean.
    And if the good ole chap just likes to snort some yay from time to time and have a fun party?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    And if the good ole chap just likes to snort some yay from time to time and have a fun party?
    Then i'll continue to hope that he gets the help and support that he needs to get clean...... Like any normal empathetic person would want for him?

So, the non-Appalachian, non-American, non-blonde, not tall, kinda creepy guy 'was the best guy for the job', and now can't come to the States anymore? lol. Poor Cannonball. Maybe they can recast and get someone who actually embodies the role instead of just trying to ride off of Stranger Things' coattails next time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Wow, you must be a mutant if you have the power to know how an actor is in a movie no one has seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, the non-Appalachian, non-American, non-blonde, not tall, kinda creepy guy 'was the best guy for the job', and now can't come to the States anymore? lol. Poor Cannonball. Maybe they can recast and get someone who actually embodies the role instead of just trying to ride off of Stranger Things' coattails next time.
    Keeping it too real! My sentiments exactly, it’s a trend now, they try to capitalize off of popular franchises and it backfires. JLaw, Apocalypse and Sansas poor Jean and now this.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Keeping it too real! My sentiments exactly, it’s a trend now, they try to capitalize off of popular franchises and it backfires. JLaw, Apocalypse and Sansas poor Jean and now this.
    If Sophie Turner is capitalizing off of a popular franchise, is Maisie Williams doing the same thing?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?