Page 308 of 386 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Awesome, I'm just hoping they don't spoil too many awesome shots! I love to have surprises when I see it opening night.
    If Marvel is supervising the marketing, then most of the final action scenes cannot be in tv spots before release. They can be used after, but not before. So if the kids only use their powers in those scenes, they won't be shown powered up in the tv spots. Marvel wants the audience to be surprised. Since they have so much attention on their tv spots, one clip in an international tv spot can lead to the whole movie being spoiled.

This is the exact opposite of what Fox used to do. They would put as much action as possible in tv spots and spoil the whole movie.

I'm loving the ad campaign so far. Giving us just enough to show the casual viewer it's "more than just a teen horror movie" while still tapping into that market. Let's face it, they want the teenagers to come out full force for this one and it shows.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

The new Bond movie (No Time to Die) was set to open the week after New Mutants but is moving to November due to the coronavirus.

New Mutants being delayed again would be laughable at the point, but as long as US and Canada theaters stay open, it could do okay and competition has cleared out a little bit. Disney already decided not to delay Mulan (which opens the week before NM). Horror movies tend to not do as well internationally (which was one of the reasons Fox wanted reshoots), so most of the box office will come from the US and Canada (domestic).

Tracking for the domestic opening weekend for Pixar's Onward is in the low 40s. Mulan is tracking to open soft as well. So who knows how New Mutants will do opening if the coronavirus turns into a pandemic, but there could be a long string of Disney movies opening well below expectations.

Edited to add: Spoke too soon about less competition. Trolls 2 just moved from 4/17 to 4/10.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 03-04-2020 at 12:50 PM.

BANNED

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9aeenvHbW4/

New Mutants is officially done! We just locked the sound mix! Here with me - from left to right- The great Don Sylvester, sound editor of both The Fault in Our Stars and New Mutants. Psst! He also just won an Oscar for Ford Vs. Ferrari. Next up is editor extraordinaire Andrew Buckland, who I finished the film with me while my editors worked on The Stand. Psst! He just won an Oscar too! I’m the idiot in the middle with the hat. Next up is sound engineer David Giammarco - thrice nominated. Last, but not least is Emmy Award winning music editor Chris McGeary. It was a long road but this roaring beast is done and we can’t wait for you to see it!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    cool, at least if the movie is bad, the music wont, like dark phoenix, lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Extraordinary Member

so apparently the movie is all of 1:39 long.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 03-08-2020 at 11:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    so apparently the movie is all of 139 minutes long.
    I thought it was 99 minutes

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I thought it was 99 minutes
    Yeah. That's what I meant. 1 hour and 39 minutes. It does make me a little worried that they'll be able to juggle 5 main characters in such a short runtime.

got my ticket this morning for opening weekend

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    got my ticket this morning for opening weekend
    Jealous! Tickets are not available in my area yet.

However, I did see the first TV spot on Hulu this past weekend. It is really happening !!!

The ad campaign has ramped up this weekend. There were quite a few tv spots airing nationally in the US, especially during NBA games.

Also:

Exclusive: The New Mutants director sets the record straight on reshoot rumbling. “Everybody said we did reshoots! We’ve never done reshoots."

https://ew.com/movies/the-new-mutant...isie-williams/