Page 343 of 386 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 5790

I sure hope they put it soon on VOD.
    They probably already showed all the best scenes in the several trailers and promotion pics, so there is not point waiting for Corona-chan to go away. Just fucking release it already!
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

All the new footage was amazing!

They showed a lot off here. It will be nice to finally piece it all together and watch a full movie...one day

I was sitting there during the intro going "OMG they are going to announce a VOD release." And they didn't. You don't play with our hearts like that people...

Great new footage though, nice to see it in such high quality. Also fun to have further confirmation of Dani/Rahne and Lockheed's appearance.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

omg christmas
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Sigh... It’s gonna be in Theaters. It will never be released digitally first, on VOD, on Hulu, on Disney Plus. It has to be released in theaters. That’s not gonna change.

If it has to be moved to late 2021. So be it. Still won’t be put on VOD.

Extraordinary Member

Things I noticed:

Rahne is creeping on Dani from the air vent when Dani wakes up in the facility. I think they're going for having her acting wolf-like even when she's in human form. She also seems to be running alongside Dani in full wolf-form in one scene.

There seems to be some serious bad blood between Illyana and Dani. They showed a scene where they're having a 'you don't know anything about me' argument, the scene we saw in previous trailers of Illyana trying to hit Dani with her sword and being blocked by Cecelia's force field, and the new trailer ends with Illyana choking Dani and trying to push her into a portal into Limbo.

I'm 99% sure Magik's 'let's play a game' line is from an earlier scene with the other kids, not her fight with the bear.

Magik also seems to have much more control of her powers than the others. That scene of her constantly teleporting to slice up the faceless demons shows someone with experience.

The panel just further confirmed to me than Sunspot is the least important character on the team. Everyone else was asked about their character, while Zaga was asked about the time he refused to drink water.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Sigh... It’s gonna be in Theaters. It will never be released digitally first, on VOD, on Hulu, on Disney Plus. It has to be released in theaters. That’s not gonna change.

If it has to be moved to late 2021. So be it. Still won’t be put on VOD.
    It must be the contact

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It must be the contact
    The faster its in theaters, the faster it goes to streaming. Im still hoping this is a limited run and they announced that soon after its out

Keeping the typical 3 month theatrical window after a 8/28 release would allow Disney to put New Mutants on VOD for Halloween. But as long as open theaters can show the movie, especially those overseas and drive-ins, theater owners don't seem to have issues with shortening that window. I doubt Disney would push it to 30 days since there really isn't a need. Releasing it for Halloween would seem the best timing.

A re-release of the live action Beauty & The Beast topped the North American box office this past weekend with about a half million dollars at 500+ theaters. Iron Man was #2 with very similar numbers. Both Sony and Disney are being very helpful to theater owners letting them have catalog films to show. Sony's allowing any 80s classics while Disney is doing weekly specials. There's limits for how many showings there can be at drive-ins since they only can show movies at night, so those numbers might not go up that much. But many drive-ins aren't charging full price for old movies. It's not going to make that much money, but it's goodwill towards theaters.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 07-24-2020 at 09:41 AM.

https://film.avclub.com/the-new-muta...ran-1844472481

Josh Boone says some interesting things at the end of this interview, hinting at how the movie portrays Magik and Limbo. That she's more experienced than the others and can "escape with ease into a place that she made up" and that she's the "queen" there. Sounds like the other characters don't believe her until we finally get to see it. I wonder how much they'll explain what Limbo really is and how Illyana is related to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

The panel just further confirmed to me than Sunspot is the least important character on the team. Everyone else was asked about their character, while Zaga was asked about the time he refused to drink water.
    Is Zaga's character "in line" with Adan Canto's Sunspot?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Is Zaga's character "in line" with Adan Canto's Sunspot?
    The whitewashing tracks
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

I just have A LOT OF FUN with timelines, time travel, alternate universes and the mutant characters I love.

I got a new theory about THE NEW MUTANTS. It's my personal thesis and canon. You're 100% free to discard it.

THE NEW MUTANTS is set in the EIGHTIES of the Original Timeline, in my mind it's set in the year 1988 or so, 5 years after the events of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.

In "First Class" (1962) and "X-Men Origins" (1983), mutants were still largely unknown to the human population, and their "rise" in the public consciousness/knowledge only started in the nineties.
    According to THE NEW MUTANTS, the young guys don't know what a "mutant" is, and this fits into the scenario depicted by the original timeline, not the altered timeline.
    In my timeline, the original trilogy is set in 1999-2000.

So basically:

X-Men: First Class - 1962
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 1973/1983
    The New Mutants - 1988
    X-Men - 1999
    X2 - 1999
    X-Men: The Last Stand - 2000
    The Wolverine - 2008/2010
    X-Men: Days of Future Past - 2023

This also means that:

As the cinematic Havok/Cyclops relationship, Illyana Rasputin/Magik is the older sister of Piotr Rasputin/Colossus (original trilogy).

Henry Zaga's Sunspot is the father of Adan Canto's Sunspot. This would also explain the ethnic difference and the different solar powers (I guess).

Just my 2 cents. Peace and love.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 07-25-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I just have A LOT OF FUN with timelines, time travel, alternate universes and the mutant characters I love.

I got a new theory about THE NEW MUTANTS. It's my personal thesis and canon. You're 100% free to discard it.

THE NEW MUTANTS is set in the EIGHTIES of the Original Timeline, in my mind it's set in the year 1988 or so, 5 years after the events of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.

In "First Class" (1962) and "X-Men Origins" (1983), mutants were still largely unknown to the human population, and their "rise" in the public consciousness/knowledge only started in the nineties.
    According to THE NEW MUTANTS, the young guys don't know what a "mutant" is, and this fits into the scenario depicted by the original timeline, not the altered timeline.
    In my timeline, the original trilogy is set in 1999-2000.

So basically:

X-Men: First Class - 1962
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 1973/1983
    The New Mutants - 1988
    X-Men - 1999
    X2 - 1999
    X-Men: The Last Stand - 2000
    The Wolverine - 2008/2010
    X-Men: Days of Future Past - 2023

This also means that:

As the cinematic Havok/Cyclops relationship, Illyana Rasputin/Magik is the older sister of Piotr Rasputin/Colossus (original trilogy).

Henry Zaga's Sunspot is the father of Adan Canto's Sunspot. This would also explain the ethnic difference and the different solar powers (I guess).

Just my 2 cents. Peace and love.
    I really like those theories. And the 80's is a nice setting with a throwback to when so many horror movie series were prominent.