Page 274 of 386 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    My issue is that a very talented actress is losing roles due Hollywood standards of beauty and what some studios want expect actresses to do in terms of making their lives very public due to the false belief that actually promotes movies. Sophie being cast as Jean (over likely Saoirse Ronan) due to number of Instagram followers wasn't just about social media presence. It's about willingness to do the "celebrity thing" and appear in public, do staged paparazzi shots, since being in People or Daily Mail is seen as just as important as good reviews.
    That's really depressing. Maisie's an amazing actor. She should go and do theatre in London where she can get big bucks and great reviews without the paparazzi. Judi Dench wasn't 'beautiful' enough to go to Hollywood as a young actor but she ended up getting far better roles on stage...

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    That's really depressing. Maisie's an amazing actor. She should go and do theatre in London where she can get big bucks and great reviews without the paparazzi. Judi Dench wasn't 'beautiful' enough to go to Hollywood as a young actor but she ended up getting far better roles on stage...
    I wouldn't worry about Maisie. She's absolutely resourceful and talented and will have a great career even if she never acts again. If anything I see her doing a lot more BBC/British dramas and indie roles that play into her "non-traditional" looks.

I don't think Kevin Fiege (sp?) is the type to play games like FOX did with popularity contests and Instagram followers, but he definitely loves given the fans faces that will get them excited. This being said he'd be crazy to recast either of them if they go forward with more NM films/cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    This being said he'd be crazy to recast either of them if they go forward with more NM films/cameos.
    even the white Sunspot?!?

So.. it's not looking good for this film's release and I'm fine with that.

If Marvel is "unimpressed" with the Fox product it's probably a good thing to shelve it. The New Mutants property is untouched and its potential is quite big. I can imagine it's not a small amount of time and money being lost. But why not shelve it, forget about it, and go forward making it part of a bigger storytelling strategy?

I do NOT want to see Demon Bear saga fail the way Dark Phoenix failed. This story needs to be built through character development which requires more than a single film. It's about the kids learning to trust each other while facing some crazy stuff. People forget Illyana was the team's untrusted outlier when, as it turns out, Mirage was keeping a terrible secret that put them all in danger. Illyana had to go further down the dark side to save the team, not knowing the cost, and further burnished her outlier status. Give this story the treatment it deserves.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-13-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    even the white Sunspot?!?
    LOL it would be the first to get recast. Also the only good casting is Anya

I still hope that this movie happens.

At this point it's getting really silly. It's obvious that the Fox purchase and the opinion of new bosses is that it's not good enough is the reason for the delays. Instead of trying to patch a movie together with reshoots,new scenes and trying to make some sort of Frankenstein's monster with old and new material they should have canned it. Just say they don't believe it's of a high enough standard and they aren't happy with the direction. Write it off and move on instead of throwing more money to make an unsatisfactory movie.

There is plenty of time to start from scratch with these characters and the story.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

It’s going to be released.

I really do hope it gets released, even as a Hulu or Disney+ streaming movie.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I hope that it's released in movie theaters since I don't have Hulu or streaming stuff.

Yeah, I can't believe Disney won't release this at all, but I do think there's no way in hell they'll give it a theatrical run.

It might be a good fit for Hulu given that's where Disney wants to release their more grown up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    I hope that it's released in movie theaters since I don't have Hulu or streaming stuff.
    Seconded.

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

When were the re shoots supposed to start? Obviously if they do reshoots, it will get released but i really don’t think it’s worth the effort...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    When were the re shoots supposed to start? Obviously if they do reshoots, it will get released but i really don’t think it’s worth the effort...
    The rumor is November 20th through December 14th, according to: https://newmutantsup.tumblr.com/post...e-set-to-begin

That fits what Simon Kinberg said and that they may also have to film in January to accommodate some of the cast's schedules. (Kinberg is out at Fox, so he's no longer involved.)

The director is currently working on The Stand for CBS All Access. Most of the cast is involved in other tv shows. Maisie Williams starts filming a new tv series in November though, so she may not be available.

The issue with New Mutants is that right before it originally filmed, the script was retooled as a PG-13 horror movie - and those always test very poorly. It's hard to find an audience that is an exact match for the film. It's not going to be scary enough. There are a few exceptions, but what Fox execs did to overhaul the original New Mutants script to be a YA thriller just makes it "meh". It's not bad according to people who have seen it. It's just something Sony would open to 12 Million in January like the Grudge remake.

The reshoots are supposed to return the film to an R-rating and actual horror movie. The success of It proved that an R-rated horror movie could be a box office success. The problem is whether Disney is okay with an R-rating since it's a superhero, Marvel movie. That THR article implied Disney really doesn't know what they're going to do with non-Disney type Fox properties.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 08-14-2019 at 08:20 AM.

It all depends on how much the movie cost. I don't see why Disney gonna spend money on a reshoot.