Page 294 of 386 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Umbrella Academy had a better production value.
    The cinematography of this film is better than most of the comic films out there. if we really want to have a real discussion about production value with some film making objective thoughts with no bias. Have you seem most of the reaction to this alone, many are saying it is nice to see a marvel movie released by Disney that does not look like a theme park, overwhelmed with excessive CGI and is using quippy jokes every 5 minutes. People are actually praising Disney right now for this even thought the credit goes to Josh Bonnes.

This movie should have come out years ago under Fox and Fox alone. I can't believe Disney is still releasing this.
    Disney were perhaps obliged to release it, or they have also realised that comic movies does need an upgrade. Joker basically killed most of the Disney films in 2019, maybe even worse than Logan did three years ago, Disney needs a new kind of story for marvel, perhaps they see fox laid a foundation with new mutants to do that. I don't even think its an argument to say Fox pushed the genre more than Disney and X-men comics were all about pushing genres, breaking taboos subjects including a real conversation about trauma that Disney did decline to do in their films. I guess they can say they did it now with new mutants?

Poor Roberto, Cece, and I will even include Sam. Honestly Dani isn't giving me the right vibes either. What a mess.
    The verdict will be out on April 3, but like many older fans are saying, especially marvel fans who want Disney to stop limiting marvel stories, we should be ready for negative spins by the access media for new mutants, we already saw it with the Joker. People who don't like any comic movie that is not all bubbly and mushy. We are already one step ahead of the spin.

The media, that is very Pro-Disney studios and anti Fox is struggling to go full on negative on the trailer. I think they have just learned after bombing hard with Joker.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-07-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    If and if this movie succeeds, I will hope Disney makes the trilogy as planned, give Bonnes his creative due and just keep it separate from the MCU since I know this is not part of the MCU already.
    Theoretically it could be part of the MCU and separate. As long as it doesn't end with members of the X-Men showing up to take the New Mutants to Xavier's school and it doesn't reference other X-Men movies, it could exist in the same universe as the MCU.

The main goal for Marvel to integrate mutants into the MCU is to make sure the audience understands a few basic concepts - like what mutants are and perhaps mutants being fears and hated. That just requires New Mutants to set-up whatever is going on with mutants in the plan for Phase 4-5.

Marvel/Disney/Fox has the cast under contract for more movies (according to what Maisie Williams has said). Anya Taylor's profile certainly is higher than it was when she was cast. She had to be in the running for Yelena in Black Widow.

But what I wonder might work better is to do a higher profile 6 episode Disney+ follow-up which would give more time for character development than doing two more horror type movies. But the cast likely would need to be resigned and Anya might have better opportunities and Maisie seems burned out from fandom, so not sure they'd actually go for something like that which seems like a step down (even though MCU cast are doing tv series).

If I was Feige, I'd just take the cast of New Mutants and put them in Deadpool 3. That at least makes New Mutants less of a stand alone. It provides a supporting cast for Deadpool and it doesn't necessarily mean those characters need to go to the MCU. They can stay in the Deadpool universe or be killed off. But it makes a transitional period where X-Men characters stay relevant and build hype for mutants being integrated into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Didn't Feige make comments suggesting they may use New Mutants as a means of introducing mutants to the MCU?
    There's no quotes from Feige about New Mutants and the MCU. He concluded at the SDCC panel that there was no time to discuss plans for "mutants" which people took to mean New Mutants. But it wasn't actually mentioned - even though Maisie Williams was actually there at the SDCC for the GoT Panel so they technically could have had someone from the cast of New Mutants on the stage.

All of the articles with rumors about New Mutants are coming from unnamed sources. But one person on Twitter who's had insider information about the test screenings has said X-Men references had been removed. I was afraid that would mean they were turning it into a stand alone horror movie, but it's clearly a comic book movie about mutants (not just superpowered kids).

There were rumors that there would be an end-credit scene with Mr Sinister or perhaps some reveal of the Hellfire Club. Anything like that seems to have been removed. So, if it was simply to allow fans to see the final Fox X-verse movie, you'd think that would be kept in. Instead, they stripped it out. The question is why... and that's what's lead to speculation it could end up in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Theoretically it could be part of the MCU and separate. As long as it doesn't end with members of the X-Men showing up to take the New Mutants to Xavier's school and it doesn't reference other X-Men movies, it could exist in the same universe as the MCU.

The main goal for Marvel to integrate mutants into the MCU is to make sure the audience understands a few basic concepts - like what mutants are and perhaps mutants being fears and hated. That just requires New Mutants to set-up whatever is going on with mutants in the plan for Phase 4-5.

Marvel/Disney/Fox has the cast under contract for more movies (according to what Maisie Williams has said). Anya Taylor's profile certainly is higher than it was when she was cast. She had to be in the running for Yelena in Black Widow.

But what I wonder might work better is to do a higher profile 6 episode Disney+ follow-up which would give more time for character development than doing two more horror type movies. But the cast likely would need to be resigned and Anya might have better opportunities and Maisie seems burned out from fandom, so not sure they'd actually go for something like that which seems like a step down (even though MCU cast are doing tv series).

U.
    For the greater good of comic movies, Disney should accept marvel can tackle stories from Trauma to Dystopian, Noir, Mental illness, Western and Horror. If new mutants succeeds. Disney should just focus on it as a separate entity on its own that is an elseworld in the MCU. they would not need to integrate it, Logan was not necessarily part of the xmen movies.

If I was Feige, I'd just take the cast of New Mutants and put them in Deadpool 3. That at least makes New Mutants less of a stand alone. It provides a supporting cast for Deadpool and it doesn't necessarily mean those characters need to go to the MCU. They can stay in the Deadpool universe or be killed off. But it makes a transitional period where X-Men characters stay relevant and build hype for mutants being integrated into the MCU.
    But that is the irony isn't. the relevant movies right now are the Jokers, Deadpools and the Logans. New Mutants was meant to be in that category of we are different in a good sense. they have the source material by choosing a Claremont classic, which to my surprise is more legitimately popular than I thought it was, as I always assumed that it was his main xmen stories that were the show stoppers.

new mutants does have its own presence out there without the help of the film, they also seem to have what looks like a good director with Josh Bonnes with some experience directing teens with real human struggles see fault in our stars. so new mutants has all the right potential. they don't need mcu to be relevant, mcu will need them to relevant if this turns out to be a good xmen film unlike dark phoenix.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-07-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Magik would be the easiest to integrate into the MCU of the New Mutants cast since she has pretty strong ties to Dr. Strange, so she could become a supporting character in his movies without needing a larger explanation of mutants.

Meh, you could get just about anyone in a blonde wig with the severe bangs and it would look like Magik. The actress playing her would actually be a better Meggan in a Captain Britain live action adaptation.

This cast is already too old to be the New Mutants for more than this one outing.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Didn't Feige make comments suggesting they may use New Mutants as a means of introducing mutants to the MCU?
    I never cared much about Feige. He has never said anything that sparked my interest about movies. be that as it may, he has also said many things that never turned out true.He suggested? it was on the table but let's also be realistic, why would he want to introduced mutants to the mcu with a story he would never have done in the first place?

Feige is not relevant for now, Isn't it revealing we are talking about new mutants and the trauma subject of this characters, Magik, Roberto, Rhiane when Feige just showed us how he does trauma with Thor's plot in Endgame ? He needs to have little say in new mutants based on his own story imagination.

Never understood the hype with the guy, I would have taken Christopher McQuarrie any day. if new mutants becomes a run away hit, fiege should be the one guy convincing Disney to take more risks and do more films as such , bring in the more exotic new mutants - Warlock and Legion. Get Cable in, lay the ground for X-Force without needing to rely on Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Magik would be the easiest to integrate into the MCU of the New Mutants cast since she has pretty strong ties to Dr. Strange, so she could become a supporting character in his movies without needing a larger explanation of mutants.
    I did think of this at first. in the Bunn's Uncanny X-men comics, Dr Strange mentors her about her powers. Disney would not want Magik to be like her comic self, A kid fighting demons. dimensions of hades.

if they met, one of them would have to give up their stuff, it should not be Magik. The best way to do it, is for new mutants to have the else world story and keep its full horror tone, Dr strange takes a visit from the main mcu, to the else world and meets Magik. that will make more sense, since Disney has said there is a multiverse and Dr strange is a key part in exploring it.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-07-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Iron Man gets his Led Zep--*thwack!*--AC/DC, the Guardians of the Galaxy get "Hooked on a Feeling" Blue Swede version, and now the New Mutants get Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall."

A fitting match?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I feel you I just know it has the potential to dominate + derail. It did 2 years ago completely.
    I meeeean it wasnt like there was ANYTHING else about this movie to be talked about anyway 2 years ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yes, god forbid people complain about some of the few black characters the franchise has being turned white in order to be "movie ready."
    lol Ikr like damn!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Kinda shows what idiots FOX are.
    Fox hired numbskulls, never had a plan, and kept throwing half-baked versions of these characters at the screen hoping something would stick.

I like some elements of this trailer, I'll probably go see it, but it's a one-off that likely half-baked most of the characters once again.

I mean I'm all for Disney letting this different product come out, BUT we can't assume it will turn out good immediately. Dark Phoenix clearly showed how delays can be just as much of a bad sign as it can help improve a film. Sure NW can turn out to be a wonderful new product or it can be a final crappy nail in the legacy of Foxmen.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I mean I'm all for Disney letting this different product come out, BUT we can't assume it will turn out good immediately. Dark Phoenix clearly showed how delays can be just as much of a bad sign as it can help improve a film. Sure NW can turn out to be a wonderful new product or it can be a final crappy nail in the legacy of Foxmen.
    This is the original version of the movie. Reshoots were not actually applied to it and are not going to be in this (As far as I've been told by Bill S., the artist for the original NM comics run who has been involved with this film as some kind of creative advisor)

I also follow Josh Boone on social media and he's seemed genuinely excited for this film to finally come out and "free from shackles" of meddling oversight by others.

Agree it's nearly 100% sure it's a one-off and the cast won't be re-used, nor will the story get further explored. Very sad but something > nothing and this is a movie that will take risks the MCU would never have permitted in their own films
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Just checked .New mutants is being released between Mulan and James Bond. Which kills any chance of it having any type of legs, This is an easy Sept/Oct release let compete against traditional horror movies and beat them because it has bigger fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just checked .New mutants is being released between Mulan and James Bond. Which kills any chance of it having any type of legs, This is an easy Sept/Oct release let compete against traditional horror movies and beat them because it has bigger fanbase.
    Its a nice negative spin, but don't worry about that. All what we need is a good quality non manufactured superhero movie in the horror genre. the rest should take care for itself, especially when the word of mouths spreads. its not as if the budget is High like star wars rise of skywalker you once tried to convince me is making Disney very happy with the box office decline.

it is also now up to Disney, to start marketing the movie, regardless of it been an anti Disney movie. Perhaps where Disney will now be showing its limits again of not wanting to market a horror superhero film after Dr Strange 2 not been horror.Iif new mutants flops and turns out great, Marvel fans will blame Disney for poor marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    A third Deadpool movie is in the works. Illyana appearing in that would make sense since Colossus is already a character. If there's some sort of dimensional travel involved that moves Deadpool into the MCU, then Illyana could be involved.
    I don't yet think new mutants should cross over with Deadpool until we get a verdict about the film.

Magikk from this new mutants feels more like the sister of the Colossus from DOFP not the one from Deadpool 2 because of the tone of new mutants (horror) is more compatible with DOFP (dystopian). Horror and dystopian can mix well. horror and black comedy that is Deadpool don't really mix well unless the horror wanted to be black comedy from the start.
    There needs to be supporting characters for Deadpool. If they can't use the regular cast of the X-Men movies, then adding in actors from New Mutants would be a good alternative.
    if we get an X-Force in the future, I would prefer it starts from this new mutants and not the set up we got from Deadpool 2, although this is now a plan B, since Deadpool is now established in films.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-08-2020 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Umbrella Academy had a better production value.

This movie should have come out years ago under Fox and Fox alone. I can't believe Disney is still releasing this.

Poor Roberto, Cece, and I will even include Sam. Honestly Dani isn't giving me the right vibes either. What a mess.

I told you it was going to come out! You should have listened me. It looks amazing.