Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Default X-Men Monday: Dawn of Destiny of X

My flag is bacon.

I was looking forward to this one… probably shouldn’t have been. Nothing of substance that I gleaned from this. Even the preview art didn’t excite me. Maybe next week will have something I care about…

Confirmed that Williams does have a series in the pipeline, so that's neat. The more Spurrier talks about Legion of X, the more it continues to sound like a "Legion and sidekicks" book, so I may give this one a pass. I generally like Spurrier's work, but Kurt is a fave, and I didn't care for how he was written in Way of X.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Confirmed that Williams does have a series in the pipeline, so that's neat. The more Spurrier talks about Legion of X, the more it continues to sound like a "Legion and sidekicks" book, so I may give this one a pass. I generally like Spurrier's work, but Kurt is a fave, and I didn't care for how he was written in Way of X.
    Yeah I like Way of X, but the voices of most of the characters were off. Still i like that he use characters like Stacy X, Loa, Dust or DJ so I will give Legion of X a chance even if the name is stupid.

Astonishing Member

so is Chip Zdarsky working on something too?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That is definately a scarlet witch series. "The scarlet witch will return" she is hot now so they are definately going to milk her for all her financial worth.

Some interesting and fun responses here.

AIPT: X-Fan Immortal X-Drew asked — without spoiling too much, of course — who are the X-Characters readers should keep an eye on in the Destiny of X era?

Si: I’m all for spoilery. Banshee’s got some pretty amazing stuff coming down the pipe. “Hot new look” is the least of it. And I’m hoping our Arakkii manhunter, Weaponless Zsen, will be a breakout character. She’s… spicy.

Steve: Oh, it’s got to be the ninth Marauder…all THREE of them we’ve cast so far. The floating final chair! An allusion to my favorite comics runs, and also a chance to get some truly wild people on our roster for a second or two. If not that, it’s probably the 10,000 years of first appearances we’ve got coming…

Kieron: Well, if your name is literally in the title, that has to be a pretty big tell, right? So, look for the debut of the hot new mutant character of 2022, Of: the omega-level preposition.

AIPT: Speaking of characters, the one most X-Fans asked about was Iceman. For X-Fans Alex, BobbysWorld, Ian, Justin dixon, Michael, Natty from the Krakoa Server and Sam (@AlligatorSky), what can you share about Bobby Drake’s future in the Destiny of X era?

Leah: …Any answer to that, at this junction, is gonna be spoilery.

Steve: Ibiza will never be the same.

Jordan: It’s already been announced that he is in his own Infinity Comic which, in case you were unaware, is 100% in continuity with our Krakoan era. But yeah — to say which book he’s going to be showing up in is a spoiler. You’ll see!

eXclusive art:

Look at 'Berto stunting in front of the Great Ring.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting that Logan is in his old yellow and blue duds there. Must be a flashback.

Is that Warren by Lukas Werneck?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    That is definately a scarlet witch series. "The scarlet witch will return" she is hot now so they are definately going to milk her for all her financial worth.
    Wanda isn't a x-men character. Orlando take on her was much better and consistent

BANNED

My takeaways, @ *random*...
    Tini: ... there is kiss~ing.

Leah: ... excited for the kissing... (... don’t... tease... unannounced projects... *yet*.)

Vita: Third-ing... excitement for... kissing... ! ;D

Si: ... there is, also — because Tini demands — kiss~ing.

... Bobby Drake’s future in the Destiny of X era?

Leah:
    …*Any* answer... gonna be spoilery.

Steve: Ibiza will never be the same.

Jordan: ... yeah — to say *which book* he’s going to be showing up in is a spoiler. You’ll see!

Gerry: ... After A.X.E. .... the debut of a fan-favorite artist on the X-Men. It’s gonna change lives.

... *Alyssa Wong* was up to something…

Si:
    … Amazing and bonkers stuff. And when Leah says “stay tuned,” she means: please carefully position a small pillow, or maybe a miniature trampoline, on the floor beneath your jaw, because when you see the first few pages of [redacted project title] you’re gonna need it.

Tini: Oh yes. Speaking of things that are going to EXPLODE, please hold on to your @#$%$ and %^@# with both hands for Leah’s upcoming project.

Vita: Alyssa and Leah are going to blow everyone’s minds. Y’all ain’t ready!

Gerry: ... *fun*, and it will be *gorgeous*, but it’s also *dangerous* and has some very important stories for not just mutants, but the larger Marvel Universe.

Leah: ... hellfire gala ‘22... gay leather bars in NYC...

Tini: ... Pink Floyd’s *The Wall*...

Si: ... *Barracuda* by Heart every time Mother Righteous shows up. ...
    Knights, Legion, & New Mew all got a li'l boost from this, and YES...

MORE *SOAP OPERA* MELODRAMA's WHAT's BEEN MISSING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I feel like if it was just a SW solo they would have announced it by now. I feel like Williams will be writing Bobby again, so maybe a team book that also has Wanda as a member?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Is that Warren by Lukas Werneck?
    Looking extra Xaddy...yumm!

LoX will address the Skinning of Banshee...that should be interesting.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!