Page 366 of 386 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5790

Henry Zaga on him and Boone.

https://twitter.com/filmupdates/stat...849066497?s=21

“Josh Boone and I clicked since day one and he told me I was Sunspot after just our first meeting together. It was crazy because I knew how tough these jobs were to get and how many auditions some actors go through.“ - Henry Zaga on getting cast in #NewMutants

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Henry Zaga on him and Boone.

https://twitter.com/filmupdates/stat...849066497?s=21

“Josh Boone and I clicked since day one and he told me I was Sunspot after just our first meeting together. It was crazy because I knew how tough these jobs were to get and how many auditions some actors go through.“ - Henry Zaga on getting cast in #NewMutants
    Sooooo basically they're eFFin
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    And this movie has made a lot more than that.

Sooo... Bill and Ted is an epic flop?
    Bill and Ted was also released on streaming at the same time, so it probably depends on how it’s doing there.

My cousins have invited me to a drive-in screening of New Mutants tonight. I've never been to a drive-in before, so I'm looking forward to that new experience.

Extraordinary Member

We're at a point where a large percentage of theaters are still closed, particularly in large states like California, those that are open have reduced seating, and a much lower percentage of the normal theatergoing public is willing to go to the theater. I'm not sure what would be considered a good weekend box-office gross at this point.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sooooo basically they're eFFin
    The word mirrortocracy comes to mind. Sounds exactly how systemic discrimination in hiring happens. These quotes from Boone and now Zaga paint a clear picture of the process and explain the result.

BTW, I loved your question on how many non-white actors Boone saw for Illyana and Sam. I wish one of these interviewers had asked him that.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    We're at a point where a large percentage of theaters are still closed, particularly in large states like California, those that are open have reduced seating, and a much lower percentage of the normal theatergoing public is willing to go to the theater. I'm not sure what would be considered a good weekend box-office gross at this point.
    It's not all that bad considering many indoor theaters just opened and people are just testing the waters to see if it's safe. It's probably going to take 2-3 weeks after people hear their friends went and nothing bad happened that they decide it's okay to go as well.

Drive-ins had been doing the majority of the business and many of those aren't used to showing first run movies. Disney didn't cut them any sort of deal with how much of a cut the received from tickets, while studios are giving out catalog films for essentially free. If you wonder why so many drive-ins are showing old Columbia Pictures movies, it's because the drive-in gets 100% of the ticket revenues. So, when deciding on whether to show a double feature of Spider-man movies or New Mutants, some drive-ins are opting for something they don't have to give studios any revenue. And many drive-ins were committed to showing a Metallica concert on Saturday.

I think the Sunday numbers are being underestimated and the weekend actuals will come in over $7 Million.

Tenet next week will take away theaters, but September is fairly open so it will likely keep screens for far longer than if it hadn't done well releasing back in April had the pandemic not happened. Broken Hearts Gallery might be the only major release between Tenet and WW84 on 10/2. That gives indoor theaters some time at a lower capacity to work on how to keep theaters safe and movie-goers some time to build confidence it is safe. While there's some smaller releases, there isn't a lot for the main target audience for NM. And I expect studios will stop the free use of catalog movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The word mirrortocracy comes to mind. Sounds exactly how systemic discrimination in hiring happens. These quotes from Boone and now Zaga paint a clear picture of the process and explain the result.

BTW, I loved your question on how many non-white actors Boone saw for Illyana and Sam. I wish one of these interviewers had asked him that.
    A better question is how many actually got to TRY out.

Maulik Pancholy's The Best At It (sort of a bio of himself as a kid in a way) had his character an Indian descent boy try out for a commercial. He was rejected and in no clear terms it was due to his race. Because they wanted a white boy (he was the only POC at the auditions).

So you have to ask the question how many who could have fit that part got turned away with out trying out.

There are very few times an actor tries out for a role that pretty much was meant to be a certain race.

Arjay Smith's famous 2 roles were Allen Strange (Journey of Allen Strange) and Max (TNT's Perception).
    The late Lee Thompson Young is famous for Famous Jett Jackson on Disney.
    Wesley Jonathan on WB/CW's What I Like About You
    The young lady from The Secret World of Alex Mack.
    All those roles were meant to be white male.

It was aight.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Bill and Ted was also released on streaming at the same time, so it probably depends on how it’s doing there.
    It also was 50 million dollars less to make
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

Ha! thanks
    But its read that their werent many auditions at all? I mean Did he even audition or did Boone meet the son the of rich Brazilian "villain" and had a moment of clear association and hired Zaga??
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    EXACTLY!!

There are very few times an actor tries out for a role that pretty much was meant to be a certain race.

Arjay Smith's famous 2 roles were Allen Strange (Journey of Allen Strange) and Max (TNT's Perception).
    The late Lee Thompson Young is famous for Famous Jett Jackson on Disney.
    Wesley Jonathan on WB/CW's What I Like About You
    The young lady from The Secret World of Alex Mack.
    All those roles were meant to be white male.
    You mean the role of the Alex Mack from the OG show?
    lol totally for got about Alan Strange..used to love that show
    These are pretty interesting! thanks Dude!
    GrindrStone(D)

Just came back from the movie(from a theater with a total of 7 people in it).

Boring movie with a horrible 3rd act(essentially the definition of Deux ex Machina ending).

I now have a new least favorite super hero movie ever.

And I really wanted to like it. I did watch all of it. But wouldn't recommend it.

No horror for a horror movie(yes, some blood dripping from the building and some weird characters running around), no angst for a teen movie, and no drama for a super hero movie.

Ah well, it was nice seeing a movie in the theater(but I wish I had seen Bloodshot for a second time rather than this for a first). And I know Bloodshot isn't very good(but still better than New Mutants).
    Last edited by etrumble; 08-30-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Bloodshot is still in theaters?

They were showing Bloodshot for $5 at our local theater(and a few other movies from last summer so there were movies in all 14 theaters).

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    They were showing Bloodshot for $5 at our local theater(and a few other movies from last summer so there were movies in all 14 theaters).
    It's a Sony movie. All of the ticket revenue goes to the theater.

So you have to ask the question how many who could have fit that part got turned away with out trying out.

The way he's described the selection process I don't think anyone actually auditioned in-person. It sounds like he looked at roles they'd played in the past to evaluate their abilities. Zaga actually commented on being surprised he was notified that he's been chosen BEFORE doing an in-person reading.