Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
Zaga is black.
Please stop
Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
I feel as though your point is almost correct, on the surface, but not really. Let's break your own terminology down: Cecelia is an Afro (black) Latina (Hispanics and Latinos are of Spanish decent, not afro). Therefore, as a boriquan woman she is mixed race. Puerto Ricans are descended from (partially African) and (partially native/indegenous Tainos) and back in the day, European settlers took over Puerto Rico and wiped out the indigenous caribbeans. So even though they have darker skin, pure black Puerto Ricans are actually a minority, not the majority. Everyone seems to see the black but not the Taino. And to be clear, I did not say Cece is FROM Puerto Rico, as that has never been stated in canon. She could very well be an American-born New Yorker. I agree with you it's sad that folks don't know the difference between race and ethnicity. I am not just rebutting Cece's cultural associations, but her biological ones as well.

As for Zaga as Roberto, I agree he's not half black like Roberto. They did get the nationality right, and I think they actually got half of his race right, since he is Brazilian, which is more than I can say for Cece.
Spanish is a nationality. People from Spain are Spanish. It doesn’t really matter whether Cece was born in Puerto Rico or not, she’s still an Afro Latina, a black woman.