Page 377 of 386 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5790

Delete Scene

Last edited by juan678; 10-07-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Cool. Nice cover. Hope that's the same one for the regular BluRay edition. Will be getting a copy. Liked it enough and will be nice to have a near-complete set of the Fox series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Cool. Nice cover. Hope that's the same one for the regular BluRay edition. Will be getting a copy. Liked it enough and will be nice to have a near-complete set of the Fox series.
    Near complete??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Near complete??
    I'm not getting the Deadpool stuff and still need to get Dark Phoenix.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

I'm not getting the Deadpool stuff and still need to get Dark Phoenix.
    Your statement is in exactly the wrong order

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Your statement is in exactly the wrong order
    I don't like Deadpool that much or crass movies period and I do want a BluRay of Dark Phoenix, so yeah, right order.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't like Deadpool that much or crass movies period and I do want a BluRay of Dark Phoenix, so yeah, right order.
    Wolverine: Origins is by far the Crassiest and Crappiest X-Movie IMHO
    GrindrStone(D)

What! Nothing can top the Last Stand. In a negative sense.

Finally watched this movie the other day. I thought it was fine. Really wish the actors had better dialogue and story to work with. I really liked all the actors barring Blu Hunt, who I thought seemed just a tad too amateur to be leading the movie. If there wasn't the prospect of MCU X-Men films on the horizon, I would want to see these iterations in a sequel/better movie.

Agreed, in fairness tho Dani is exceptionally hard to cast, can't be too many decent 20-something Native American actresses with volleyball player physique around. I think that part of Bob McLeod's critique - that the actors didn't look the part - was quite unfair. And yeah, wish they had hired some script doctor just for the dialogue, would have improved the movie considerably. It's as if they started shooting with only placeholder dialogue written.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Agreed, in fairness tho Dani is exceptionally hard to cast, can't be too many decent 20-something Native American actresses with volleyball player physique around.
    Shows like Legion, and American Gods Found NA 20-something actresses. And Im preeety sure their reach/budget was less than this Movie.

I think that part of Bob McLeod's critique - that the actors didn't look the part - was quite unfair.
    I mean considering it was just the minority characters who were explicitly miscast,its unfair people are defending the fumbling of chars against their creators critiques.
    And yeah, wish they had hired some script doctor just for the dialogue, would have improved the movie considerably. It's as if they started shooting with only placeholder dialogue written.
    Actually they had several people working on his script which included a char who was frequently graffiti'd d!cks on various walls/buildings
    GrindrStone(D)

double post
    Last edited by BroHomo; 10-09-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Double post
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 10-09-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Agreed, in fairness tho Dani is exceptionally hard to cast, can't be too many decent 20-something Native American actresses with volleyball player physique around. I think that part of Bob McLeod's critique - that the actors didn't look the part - was quite unfair.
    Talent and ability can be so much more important than looks. I wonder if a Latino actress had been cast rather than someone who was Native American if that would have been enough, but it seems like the goal was to cast someone who has some Native American ancestry. There was so much time that the project was delayed. Maisie and Anya were announced as cast in spring 2016 and it didn't start filming until September 2017 so they had time to develop talent if needed.

This is what the MCU may need to do for specific roles. Get them roles in other tv shows and films to get experience rather than just trying to count on actors developing themselves.

And yeah, wish they had hired some script doctor just for the dialogue, would have improved the movie considerably. It's as if they started shooting with only placeholder dialogue written.
    Rumors are that there was a long list of script doctors who were brought in but that doesn't really help Fox scripts since they didn't seem to be working on the script long enough to overhaul it.

A couple of articles online list Chad Hayes and Carey W. Hayes (Conspiracy), Joshua Zetumer (2014 RoboCop) and Seth Grahame-Smith (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) as being involved in rewrites.

Piecing together what happened, it seemed like the start date for filming was supposed to be January 2017 but it kept being delayed as the script wasn't finished. Maisie was in talks for Pacific Rim: Uprising and had to drop-out due to another role. It doesn't make sense that it was due to GoT Season 7 filming since she had filmed most of her scenes by then. She had to have dropped out for New Mutants.

The rumor for Season 7 was both Sophie and Maisie were going to be largely unavailable to filming movies and that may likely have impacted Sansa and Arya's roles in that season. Most of their scenes were filmed early on and Sophie was in Belfast for such a short period of time there was speculation Sansa was being killed off so Sophie could go film X-Men movies. But Maisie did later film some of the last scenes filmed for Season 7 - she was in Calgary for 2 weeks in February since scenes with the wolves can't be filmed in Northern Ireland.

Filming for GoT Season 8 started at the end of October 2017 - so there was a very short window that Maisie was still available to film New Mutants and then add in the filming schedules everyone else in the cast had. It's typical for Fox to just film with whatever script they have and not wait until their script is finished like Disney will do.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 10-09-2020 at 09:47 AM.