Page 139 of 386 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 5790
    BANNED

Yeah Yeah We All Know ATLA was a travesty. Makes me sick even thinking about did you know Kathleen Kennedy now President of LF was a Producer on that movie?

You say that as if no actress or actor has ever given a good performance on their first breakthrough role.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    You say that as if no actress or actor has ever given a good performance on their first breakthrough role.
    No one would have ever described Natelie Portman as 'green', and 'with good direction and the rest of the cast carrying her, she'll be okay I guess' in Leon: The Professional.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No one would have ever described Natelie Portman as 'green', and 'with good direction and the rest of the cast carrying her, she'll be okay I guess' in Leon: The Professional.
    Why not? Who even knew how NP was behind the scenes of Leon? Practice makes perfect after all. And she was exposed to some of the best right from the beginning (even though I didn't find her to be all that in Leon... or in any movie for that matter, so even that is subjective).

BANNED

Besides lets not pretend they prioritized extensive experience....Whitespot biggest role before this was a bit part in 13RW...I still don't remember who he is from that show granted I binged it and didn't especially like it. I think he is the one who died in a car accident but I am too lazy to check. But in no way was he close to lead maybe the 25th most important character.

Yeah Yeah We All Know ATLA was a travesty. Makes me sick even thinking about did you know Kathleen Kennedy now President of LF was a Producer on that movie?
    Hmm figures. Rumor has it she wanted to whitewash Diego Luna's character in Rogue One and the Rose character in Episode 8 too.

Besides lets not pretend they prioritized extensive experience...
    Blu defenders are not pretending that at all lol My point is actually the opposite. Less opportunities for POC than white folks = less experience for POC than white folk, so obviously the younger POC would not be experienced as the younger white actors.

But in no way was he close to lead maybe the 25th most important character.
    Probably true but Sunspot is seldom pushed over Yana, Dani and Sam anyway. They bagged a winner in Maisie Williams for Rahne, so it makes sense her role would be boosted too. I just hope Berto has an actual character arc as opposed to being just the fifth NM.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 09-06-2017 at 02:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well the problem was Boone said oh don't worry I know that representation matters and you can trust me to get casting whit...I mean right. He then proceeds to lighten up Susnpot and Reyes and cast a barely Native girl for Moonstar.

As far I am concerned he brought it on himself.

Nothing has changed though we all knew Masie (Wolfsbane) and Anna (Magik) were going to carry this. Maybe the Brother from Stranger Things can chip in.
    I think that is the main point. Blu Hunt may be 'green,' but she's 1 out of 5, and it looks like she may spend a large portion of the movie in a coma if they stick closer to the Demon Bear arc. Batman Begins was great despite Katie Holmes' bad performance, and the first 2 X-Men films survived bad portrayals of several key characters. The movie succeeds or fails on the performances of Anya and Maisie more than anyone else.

Most of what Bill had to say was exciting, as was the information shared about the costumes and props. While I'm not a stickler for BAAANGS! I am glad to have confirmation that the soul sword is in the movie, and that it's well-made. I'm also glad to hear his praise for 4 out of the 5 actors, even one whose casting he initially criticized (if I remember correctly). His comments on Blu needing more help than the others stood out because of the praise and the enthusiasm for everything else.

BANNED

Well I say it depends on them not based on the characters they play persay but the fact that those two are the only ones with real fanbases and what everyone was getting hyped for and fancasting when they heard New Mutants was coming....

Moon has done nothing...which is bad because you expect Moonstar Actress to have to do some actual acting.
    Whitespot as I said 25th most relevant character in 13RW. Besides he just has play rich dick most likely not that hard of a job... He will be the 5th wheel unless Blu is awful.
    And Cannonball well at least he was in a breakout show but all the teens from Stranger thing got overshadowed by Barb while all the praise went to the kids. But he should be use to getting overshadowed so at least he has that going for him.

Although I am curious who chose to kidnap them into this facility along with the how and why...Magik they get lucky I assume and soon as she comes out of Limbo? Sunspot seems a weird target as he is rich which is a weird target for an off the book facility...Wolfsbane and Moonstar make sense considering the sad rate of crime on Rezs and you know Wolfsbane family likely to hate her. Cannonball is actually the most interesting when you consider he has a lot of siblings who are all mutants and his mother's mutant power might as well be create mutant. So kinda seems you grab them all.
    Last edited by JediKage; 09-06-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled View Post
    quarter is not "barely". Someone like megan fox who has a tiny fraction of na heritage can be called "barely na". .
    I have the same amount of NA heritage (enough that I can get most of my college paid for!!) But if I'd been cast as Tonto it woulda been more upsetting for folks than Johnny Depp
    Anyway, ya'll should see how creepy ya'll are coming across by fixating on her na blood percentage
    Being multiracial growing up in a southern'southern' Alabama I can tell that none of these questions about Blu's heritage are weird...yet
    As for reyes, not rosario dawson was cast not by boone's choice. Fox probably was being cheap and didn't want to spend how much ever rosario was asking so went with the first cheaper alternative they found.
    who's a totally different Race!! It's like mindboggling frustrating lol

And bill s. Said the sunspot actor embodies 'berto personality wise if not race wise, so at least his casting (the most egregious imo) has some kind of validation now
    lol that Casting will never be valid for me and many other people. If a non-black actor can embody a black characters personality that actor must be talented or the character isn't well fleshed out
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled View Post
    especially since he was honest enough to publicly state his disappointment over the casting of the poc characters, despite being chummy with boone even before.
    Yeah well I'm sure he probably saw the movie will need all the positive buzz it can get
    . If Blu Hunt said she was fully NA, no one would have questioned her because NA people come in many colors, just like how Dani is represented in the comics.
    uh it's a tough club to get into, whenever I was looking into grants for college I had to prove I was active in my(Cree) tribe, I had to get family records, attend powwows...a site for NA actors/entertainment industry kinda puzzled/frustrated sine Blu' tribe hasn't been confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by jedikage View Post
    And cannonball well at least he was in a breakout show but all the teens from stranger thing got overshadowed by barb while all the praise went to the kids. But he should be use to getting overshadowed so at least he has that going for him.
    baaaaarb!!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Final week? We might get a trailer before the year ends.

Extraordinary Member

Guess the reports that shooting had wrapped last week were wrong, but not by much. And even more evidence that it's the Demon Bear story. Wonder if Bill S. did that artwork?

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Final week? We might get a trailer before the year ends.
    Next Month, tbh. They really need to do NY Comic Con.

BANNED

One trailer in October and one in late January probably.

Im betting on mid -late Nov for the 1st trailer and Feb. for the second.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

One trailer in October and one in late January probably.
    This is what I'm feeling the plan will be. Hopefully we get a viral campaign as well.