Page 340 of 386 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5790

It's been pushed back to September 10th in Brazil and some other countries in South America.

Other studios are doing international releases and domestic VOD since there are obligations to provide movies for their international distribution partners to release. WB didn't allow Scoob in drive-ins domestically but it is in theaters overseas.

China is opening theaters back up next week and theaters in Europe are reopening. There's no possible way Los Angeles will be reopening theaters any time soon. Studios may start tossing out some movies to Europe just to have something to release there.

Yes, well, I don't care if the movie is released in France, I won't go in a room with people who will remove their masks as soon as the lights are off and who'll spend the first minutes coughing without covering their mouth.

And I don't see that changing until next summer, if we're lucky.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

It’s not going to be VOD.

I don't know why they're insisting on putting this in theaters. The company that owns it now didn't pay for it specifically. It was shot 12 years ago. Nobody's going to the movies for at least a year, and this isn't connected to anything else in a series. Just dump it somewhere. Put it in chunks on Quibi. Who cares?

China gave release dates next week to a few less important American movies (the major Chinese releases are being held back until there's more certainty about audiences and Beijing theaters reopen).

The US studios want to have movies to release to help the theater chains and maintain their relationship with NATO (National Association of Theatre Owners) and their international distribution partners, but aren't going to risk major releases.

It's highly likely theater chains will end up going out of business or at the very least declaring bankruptcy. The studios have to appear to at least care about maintaining the theatrical distribution model. While a few premium VOD movies like Trolls 2 have done well, the majority of VOD sales are discount and lower cost movies. Catalog movies with lower prices are outselling more expensive new releases.

Disney can put Artemis Fowl, The One and Only Ivan and Hamilton on Disney+ as family movies to promote, but New Mutants isn't exactly family fare. It's not something they can promote as an example of Disney programming.

Disney is saving money by keeping their distribution and marketing staff furloughed. A Mulan trailer was just rated in the UK, but it's likely just been re-dated and not a new trailer.

Just like in China, I don't think even in Europe Disney is going to want to put their major releases out. There are some essentially cannon fodder which is being offered up to provide theaters with movies to release. I suspect New Mutants is one of them.

Well, if they are waiting to release New Mutants in theatres, then I think they should wait until September 2021, because I do not think it will be safe to go in any large numbers until then (at least). Every day the new infected numbers seem to be increasing with no end in sight.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Suspect they're going to release it on Disney+ during or immediately following that panel.

I would've said Hulu, but F4ntastic and DOFP both made it onto Disney+ in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Suspect they're going to release it on Disney+ during or immediately following that panel.

I would've said Hulu, but F4ntastic and DOFP both made it onto Disney+ in the last few weeks.
    Wait Fan4stic is on plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Wait Fan4stic is on plus?
    thats what he wrote

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/fa...5/5AmUT6dHFM4J

So no one is gonna talk about the new leaked Disney Plus trailer?

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...tm_name=iossmf

So the people that were adamant tht it wont go to D+, you still believe that?
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-21-2020 at 10:10 AM.

BANNED

Because CBR already posted that it was fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Because CBR already posted that it was fake.
    The same thing happened with Solo. Was claimed as fake only to end up being real. We'll see....

Why would they wait all the way until September though?

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Why would they wait all the way until September though?
    I dont know. Maybe they'll give it a limited theater run in Aug

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So no one is gonna talk about the new leaked Disney Plus trailer?

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...tm_name=iossmf

So the people that were adamant tht it wont go to D+, you still believe that?
    Yes because the OP of that reddit page has history of making FAKE trailers. LOL

It more interesting news Tenet has been delayed indefinitely, which means Mulan will probably soon follow but what of The New Mutants?