Page 355 of 386 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    My husband is renting a theater for me. He said that since we haven't been able to take a vacation and likely won't for the foreseeable future, and since we can't go anywhere or do anything for the past 5 months we've saved a lot of money and this movie means so much to me, he wanted to do something special so he rented a friggin theater so he and I can go by ourselves for a private viewing.

WILD.
    I can't believe it.
    I bet y'all still sit in the very back...with a blanket cause "you get cold"

.just make sure both of y'alls hands stay where I can see them
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

I think this is the most they've ever talked about his character. Almost surprised there's nothing about the actor's (nonalcoholic) drinking habits instead.

other more Roberto

I'm actually going to see this on the weekend. Honestly wasn't sure if this movie was even gonna come out a few months back but now I'm keen as mustard to check it out. I'm a huge fan of New Mutants, my favorite being Magik. Here's hoping the film is actually good!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I have my ticket bought, going to see it this weekend. Was a little nervous but with only Four active cases in the province (hours away), and Cineplex's new hygiene procedures my concerns have been addressed. It also helps, that if my friend's theatre experience last week was any indication I don't expect the theatre to be crowded even considering their heavily reduced seating.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

They keep describing this as a horror movie. Do you think all the New Mutants will survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    They keep describing this as a horror movie. Do you think all the New Mutants will survive?
    Yea. At best, I can see Illyana "dying" but that actually being a setup to introduce her to Limbo

New Mutants drive-in screenings at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena:
    http://tnmrosebowldrivein.com/

They are doing Thursday previews. For those in the Los Angeles area, Mission Tiki Drive-in in Montclair doesn't have Thursday previews, but Westwind Drive In in Santa Barbara does.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 08-25-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yea. At best, I can see Illyana "dying" but that actually being a setup to introduce her to Limbo
    Big explosion>no Illyana>find out later Illyana used a portal to escape... to Limbo.

Just found out the theater near where I live will have a few limited screenings on opening night. I'm planning on being there.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

From https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-muta...s-a-1844806878
    "io9: We’ve got to talk about the criticisms that have been leveled against the film for casting Henry Zaga to play Roberto, a character who’s Afro-Brazilian in the comics, originally read as Black, and whose origins do touch upon anti-Black racism in Brazil. I suppose my first question’s: do you get where that criticism came from?

Boone: You won’t have any argument from me. It’s like my thing was my goal was to cast a real Brazilian and I saw 300 of myself black, brown, lighter-skinned. I saw every shade of the sun. It was the same case with Blu Hunt. It’s like we looked at 300 Native American people and people very close ties to the Native American community. My goal was to find the best actor who, because they’ve done so little work, was at least the closest to kind of what I saw in my head for the character. There was nobody who hold a candle to Henry. It’s like maybe if Henry didn’t exist, I would have found somebody who was darker skinned who exemplified what I needed. But it was never about the color of their skin for me.

io9: Did that just not fit into your vision for Roberto’s story in the film?

Boone: I didn’t care so much about the racism I’ve heard about in Brazil, about light-skinned versus dark-skinned. To me, it was I wanted to represent Brazil in a positive way and I wanted to find somebody who seems like he could look like a guy who’s had the silver spoon in his mouth, who has like a really rich dad and [Henry] just exemplified all these things.

Henry’s such a dedicated performer and you can see it in her performance on The Stand where he’s playing someone who can neither speak nor hear, and he put so much time into learning sign language and spending time learning from deaf people was just great. He’s a beyond reproach human being, and I sort of defy anybody who wants to say that Henry’s not a good Roberto simply because he’s lighter-skinned."

Y'all need to come get Boone. Smdh.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Booked my ticket for Saturday and I'm super excited. Here in the UK the age rating is a 15 which I thought was odd but I guess it's understandable cos 12A does seem a bit too low.

Sounds like from social media posts that some of the cast and crew will be at the Thursday 10pm showing at the Rose Bowl.

Extraordinary Member