Page 263 of 386 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Maybe they're going to use the delay to digitally black up Henry Zaga in response to the criicisms of racial whitewashing.
    I hope this is sarcasm because that'd be straight up blackface.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Just in case someone forgot this:

Adan Canto ("Days of Future Past") and Henry Zaga ("The New Mutants") are supposed to play the same character (SUNSPOT) in two different timelines. Well, guess what, they share the same skin colour... and it's right.

A thing that is very offensive for Brazilians is when they put Brazilian characters speaking spanish:

At least it won't happen with Zaga.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

This movie needs to be released immediately! it's the last of the FOX-MEN get it over already
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And also Aladdin shows Disney is perfectly fine with casting whiter actors as long as they get the regional heritage right.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Given the lack of news or advertising for this movie, I'm not surprised. I'm starting to think that Disney and Marvel might opt to put it on Hulu or a streaming service. It still needs reshoots, as well. It could still end up in theaters, but that's looking increasingly doubtful.
    Oh it will show up in theaters. They just don't want to put it up against any potential weekend blockbusters. It's a busy year for those. I could see them push it out to Halloween to promote it as a "horror super hero movie" to help get butts in chairs.

My guess is we'll see the new trailer attached to Dark Phoenix

New mutants getting bumped yet again is sad but hilarious at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I am apparently of the minority that does like most of the Fox movies (W:O was still trash though.) I was excited for New Mutants...a year and a half ago. After three..or is it four now...bumps including one huge bump and now not even saying when it's bumped to, I have no faith that this will get released in theaters. And maybe it shouldn't. Maybe it should just be a direct to streaming release.

I have to say, from a strictly visual point of view, the casting never worked for me. The New Mutants that I read (McLeod/Buscema/Sienkiewicz) had very defined character looks - rather than the standard idealised people with different haircuts, the New Mutants were a quirky, non-cookie-cutter group with unusually specific looks that differed from the comic-book norm. Regardless of race, the cast just doesn't look right to me (with the exception of Magik, who's pretty much defined by her haircut). Not that I wouldn't give the cast a chance, but for me they're starting off with a handicap because they look so different (but then I had big problems with the MCU's Guardians of the Galaxy, and they were a huge hit).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Oh it will show up in theaters. They just don't want to put it up against any potential weekend blockbusters. It's a busy year for those. I could see them push it out to Halloween to promote it as a "horror super hero movie" to help get butts in chairs.

My guess is we'll see the new trailer attached to Dark Phoenix
    When you push back a movie without setting a new release date, it's not getting released (in theaters).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Maybe they're going to use the delay to digitally black up Henry Zaga in response to the criicisms of racial whitewashing.
    Lol this honestly wouldn't surprise me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    A thing that is very offensive for Brazilians is when they put Brazilian characters speaking spanish:

At least it won't happen with Zaga.
    I don't remember a lot of people being upset when Canto who is Mexican i think played Sunspot I also don't remember him speaking any Portuguese
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I have to say, from a strictly visual point of view, the casting never worked for me. The New Mutants that I read (McLeod/Buscema/Sienkiewicz) had very defined character looks - rather than the standard idealised people with different haircuts, the New Mutants were a quirky, non-cookie-cutter group with unusually specific looks that differed from the comic-book norm.
    Not sure how you can disregard race when it comes to you describing a group of parents but I agree wholeheartedly with you Dani's two braids... Rains new wave hair.... Bobby being black (lol) .... Sam's skinny ass body with his square head and big ass ears...... They were a odd bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    And also Aladdin shows Disney is perfectly fine with casting whiter actors as long as they get the regional heritage right.
    Alladin also needs more skills, like dance and sing. But they still are on the right ethnicity. I ca't say the same from new Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    As irony doesn't always come across in text - Yes. Yes it is.

Y'all i swesr i have nothing to do with this....
    https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/29...omments-button

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Beast, Magneto, Xavier, Havok, and Quicksilver barely aging OK, Angel being a young man in the 80's and 21st century OK, two different Colossus OK, but Sunspot now we have to keep continuity? With Fox the continuity argument doesn't work.
    That's because the timeline has been altered TWICE, not one time.

The timeline was altered in the early 1900s and that brought to "First Class" and the second continuity.

As for aging:

Beast inherited Mystique's super-slowed down aging.

Xavier, Havok, Quicksilver - they are cinematic mutants. Cinematic mutants age slower and better.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    That's because the timeline has been altered TWICE, not one time.

The timeline was altered in the early 1900s and that brought to "First Class" and the second continuity.

As for aging:

Beast inherited Mystique's super-slowed down aging.

Xavier, Havok, Quicksilver - they are cinematic mutants. Cinematic mutants age slower and better.
    No it wasn't thee only time the timeline was altered was 1973 everything else while nice theories is fan fiction but doesn't count. Example the Warp 4 Starship in Star Trek Beyond makes no sense given there was no Warp 4 vessel before the Warp 5 NX Class in Enterprise on Warps 1 and 3 vessels hence why the Warp 5 was such a leap forward. But I created my own canon during the romulan war the federation created their version of liberty ship a cheap ship easy to mass produce unlike the NX Class but the vessel couldn't handle a warp 5 engine they they created a Warp 4 engine for it. It's a nice little piece of head canon for it work in the film but it's not actual canon and neither is the early 1900's time travel stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No it wasn't thee only time the timeline was altered was 1973 everything else while nice theories is fan fiction but doesn't count. .
    What you see on-screen is canon, not what the screenplayers intended it to be originally. The creature goes beyond the creators.
    "First Class" was officially presented as a soft-reboot. There are some incongruences involving the characters' age (including the NEW Angel) as well as the continuity that bring us fans to think to the "First Class Timeline" as an alternate universe OR a previously-altered timeline even before the events of DOFP.