Page 10 of 386 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Boone posted a picture of the actual WIP version of the New Mutants script.
    https://instagram.com/p/6VOO1vk5Dd/?...oshboonemovies
    Pretty hard to see anything. I quickly mucked with in in Photoshop, but there's not much to go on. I can make out a few words & stage directions, but the picture was pretty tiny & perspective distorted.
    script.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree. In fact I think a TV series would actually BENEFIT a team, as it provides more opportunities for fleshing out multiple characters.

Compare Star Trek: TNG to the TNG films. In the series, everyone got development and time to shine. The movies were almost all about Picard and Data.
    I never said it was impossible to have a quality team show - looking at the current and past history the individual shows have found more success (critically and ratings-wise).

Using my superior mutant vision I can see from that script image above that Illyana will be featured in an origins flashback sequence! YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Using my superior mutant vision I can see from that script image above that Illyana will be featured in an origins flashback sequence! YES!!
    I see it too!

Exciting News!

I can't wait for this movie. Maybe in can spinoff into a tv show and we get the best of both worlds.

I know i would love to see the New Mutants finally get their due. Especially Dani. She was in cameo in the first movie along with Kitty and Jubilee. But i wish we could have had more like they did with Siryn.

But i will settle for this movie.

And think it is more than probable to see Dani, Sam, Illyana, and maybe some next geners like Rictor, M, and Wither. Some new faces with new powers and unique story potential.

In a post-DOFP continuity, pretty much anything is possible. Because of history being rewritten, they could use a faithful O5 New Mutants lineup, including Sunspot, and not have it conflict with anything. At the same time, they could opt to take the next step past the 80s set X-Men Apocalypse and place New Mutants in the 90s. That's possible too.

My only fear here is that FOX will be their own worst enemy again and create a movie that makes no sense. Let's hope that Deadpool is successful and that it convinces them that faithful comic book adaptations can work. Maybe then they can get on track. (I'd say BACK on track, but even the 2000 X-Men film was pretty far off the beaten path.)

Extraordinary Member

"Using my superior mutant vision I can see from that script image above that Illyana will be featured in an origins flashback sequence! YES!!"

Any chance one of you hawks can highlight that part for those of us who need glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by juggalord View Post
    My only fear here is that FOX will be their own worst enemy again and create a movie that makes no sense. Let's hope that Deadpool is successful and that it convinces them that faithful comic book adaptations can work. Maybe then they can get on track. (I'd say BACK on track, but even the 2000 X-Men film was pretty far off the beaten path.)
    Well, Josh Boone is an actual comics fan, so that alone would lead to a more faithful adaptation than the likes of Ratner, Singer and even Vaughn.

Tim Miller and Josh Boone will leave an important impact on this franchise, Im 100% sure about it.

Spectacular Member

I think seeing anything in that script might be wishful thinking.

Maybe, but it sure makes for a fun Magic Eye. Because of the perspective distortion, the easiest words to make out will probably be the ones closest to the right edge. Before the PS edit, I didn't expect to even get anything close to a script page. That you can make out anything given that particular source image is kinda amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Well, Josh Boone is an actual comics fan, so that alone would lead to a more faithful adaptation than the likes of Ratner, Singer and even Vaughn.
    It's not Boone you've got to worry about. It's the studio. Those "notes" can kill a movie.
    Last edited by juggalord; 08-14-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

This movie is going to change the game. This'll be the best Young Adult movie > Divergent Hunger Games etc etc big $$$$ anticipated.

Could be first super hero movie with more Females than Males. Very historical

Mighty Member

So the name of the movie is new mutants
    Cyclops was right

Spin it as Claremont paying homage to Stan's original title for X-Men.

Get ready, “X-Men” fans, because your universe is about to gain a few new favorite characters.

At Toronto International Film Festival in support of “The Martian,” which he produced, Simon Kinberg told MTV News that the upcoming “Gambit” and “Deadpool” would have continuity with the post-“Days Of Future Past” X-Men universe, and that he’s planning to “cross-pollinate” characters from the various movies.

“The idea is that we’ve sort of reset the timeline after ’Days of Future Past’ in some ways, and if not erased, certainly allowed for change from ’X1,’ ’2,’ ’3,’ everything from ’Days of Future Past’ forward, 1973, everything we set now becomes canon,” he said. “So the ’Gambit’ movie, the ’Deadpool’ movie, will exist in a world that acknowledges whatever happened in ’Days of Future Past’ and moving forward. Doesn’t mean they’ll always interact with those characters, obviously, it’s not like every movie has all the characters, but they all have to exist within the same rules.”

“There will be interplay between different characters in different movies.”

BANNED

I think it would be cool if The New Mutants weren't associated with the X-Men at all. Have the kids strike out on their own. A group of directionless, teenage mutant runaways sounds more appealing to me.

And the fanboys would riot and blame FoX for destroying their childhood