Page 102 of 386 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5790
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Is that Moonstar?
    Yes, that's Dani! The actress's name is Blu Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    those are the actors? how baby faced!
    thats irony right?

because I had the opposite reaction: these are not the really young mutants with a lot of fear and insecurities I started reading last year, lol. Being honest, a bit sad Fox went this route, basically the same as young X-Men. they had the chance to explore and appeal to a younger audience with this spinoff. but oh well. Missed opportunity, fox!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    thats irony right?

because I had the opposite reaction: these are not the really young mutants with a lot of fear and insecurities I started reading last year, lol. Being honest, a bit sad Fox went this route, basically the same as young X-Men. they had the chance to explore and appeal to a younger audience with this spinoff. but oh well. Missed opportunity, fox!
    What works in comics doesn't always work in movies. I can tell you now that while I love Claremont's New Mutants, I have no interest in watching actual 13-16 year old child actors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    I started reading last year
    lol joke poster confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    What works in comics doesn't always work in movies. I can tell you now that while I love Claremont's New Mutants, I have no interest in watching actual 13-16 year old child actors.
    Agreed

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

These actor are all in their late teens and early twenties, though? Ya'll need to stop, especially since these guys are all the PROPER age. The youngest cast member is Maisie Williams, who is 20. They have to look young or else they aren't going to look like actual teenagers.

If they're going age accurate they have to cast actors that look like they can pull off 16, 15, and 14.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Sunspot & Cannonball are like mid 20's

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Sunspot & Cannonball are like mid 20's
    They're all early twenties.

Specifically, Maisie is 20, Anya is 21, Blu is 22, Charlie is 23, and Henry is 24. That's how people this age look. I'm Blu's age, and look the same age as Maisie.

This is what a normal person born in 1995 looks like. If anything, we should be complaining that they don't look young ENOUGH.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Charlie is 23, and Henry is 24.
    That's not really that young honestly. For one they are older than all the X-MEN except Storm. And if New Mutant's 2 comes out in 2021 they'll be what 26/27. And they'll be 30ish by New Mutant's 3.

My only knock on them is they didn't cast as young as Wolfsbane & Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    This is what a normal person born in 1995 looks like. If anything, we should be complaining that they don't look young ENOUGH.
    That is not what a normal 22 year old looks like. That hair line looks 32

BANNED

rude

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    That's not really that young honestly. For one they are older than all the X-MEN except Storm. And if New Mutant's 2 comes out in 2021 they'll be what 26/27. And they'll be 30ish by New Mutant's 3.

My only knock on them is they didn't cast as young as Wolfsbane & Magik
    I didn't mean you specifically, but either way, Heaton and Zaga are still pretty young. Ludi Lin played a 17 year old in Power Rangers, looked the part, and is 30 or over.

That is not what a normal 22 year old looks like. That hair line looks 32
    Oh, honey, trust me: I've seen guys my age with hair lines FAR worse than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    A sizzle reel doesn't necessarily have any footage shot for the product. Here's a quote from an article about a failed Daredevil pitch from a few years ago:

In art-school the 2D equivalent was called a "mood board". It was to give the feel of your ideas without doing much in the way of real creative work. So it could well be genuine, but it's just something thrown together to give the tone that the director is going for.
    Then that is more believable considering that was how the pitch for the New Mutants trilogy was pitched to Simon Kinberg in the first place.

BANNED

I doubt its Darker than Logan. What makes Logan Dark is all the X-Men are gone with Xavier offing a good amount of them and the only new mutants in decades are made in a lab as superweapons.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I doubt its Darker than Logan. What makes Logan Dark is all the X-Men are gone with Xavier offing a good amount of them and the only new mutants in decades are made in a lab as superweapons.
    What makes Logan "dark" is the physical & mental state that two of the lead characters are in (Logan & Charles), combined with their unceremonious deaths. Once the movie tells you "Hey Charles didn't really kill of all of the X-men only a few died" The movie becomes significantly less "dark" as a whole.

New Mutants can achieve that level of darkness, if not greater, as long they focus on the more frightening elements of awakening to mutant powers that you cannot really control well. I expect it to be as "dark" because it's a supposed to be a horror movie.

BANNED

Sure technically what your saying is true but how many really walked out with the impression that Xavier only killed a few.