Page 105 of 386 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We know Marvel Studios doesn't allow MCU actors to also take roles in DC movies. Not a stretch to expect Marvel TV to also prevent their actors from taking FOX roles. Especially ones who are as popular as Rosario Dawson.
    That would not surprise me. However, to play devil's advocate, why would Marvel allow Josh Brolin to play Cable for Fox when he is already Thanos in the MCU? Is it because
    1. Thanos' role in the MCU is coming to an end?
    2. Thanos is a motion capture role with the actor's face less recognizable than Dawson's role is?
    3. something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Neither look like this http://worldofblackheroes.com/wp-con...ia-reyes-1.jpg

Nationalities aside if you asked people on the street what they thought Alice Braga ethnicity was you'd probably get a response of Hispanic, Mediterranean, or even Italian but you wouldn't get Black and she's playing a black character.
    yes, welcome to the New Mutants movie
    GrindrStone(D)

The whitewashing of this movie is driving me crazy. Genuinely killing any interest I have in watching it

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    yes, welcome to the New Mutants movie
    But she IS actually of African ancestry. This is different than Zaga (which was less them whitewashing and more pulling on an interpretation of the character that wasn't seen as black), because this woman actually IS the same racial makeup as Cece.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Oh boy, why they go and choose a white woman to play Cece?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They didn't.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Like Josh Brolin? Thanos and Cable??!
    Kevin Feige is on good terms with 20th Century FOX people.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Neither look like this http://worldofblackheroes.com/wp-con...ia-reyes-1.jpg

Nationalities aside if you asked people on the street what they thought Alice Braga ethnicity was you'd probably get a response of Hispanic, Mediterranean, or even Italian but you wouldn't get Black and she's playing a black character.
    Rosario seems to have a habit of playing dark skinned characters (Claire Temple and Valerie from Josie & The Pussy Cats).

With all the complaints about casting I'm surprised no one mentioned how Rosario looked nothing like Reyes. With S.k.i.d. trying to defend her casting.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-29-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    But she IS actually of African ancestry. because this woman actually IS the same racial makeup as Cece.
    Checking online seems like she's less than 20% Im not denying she gas African ancestry but if you go back far enough almost everyone does. CeCe is predominantly black. let's stop making excuses and call it out like ifor what it is.
    This is different than Zaga (which was less them whitewashing and more pulling on an interpretation of the character that wasn't seen as black)
    please explain how anyone with access to Google Image search would not know Sunspot was black? If he wasn't seen as black then it's still following the whitewashing of the character Marvel comics are guilty of.
    GrindrStone(D)

They didn't.

but they did. Braga is Brazilian and within Brazil, she wouldnt be considered as anything other than white/caucasian. There is even less to defend here than Zaga bc at least they got the ethnicity right even if they screwed up on race
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-29-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Checking online seems like she's less than 20% Im not denying she gas African ancestry but if you go back far enough almost everyone does. CeCe is predominantly black. let's stop making excuses and call it out like ifor what it is.
    please explain how anyone with access to Google Image search would not know Sunspot was black? If he wasn't seen as black then it's still following the whitewashing of the character Marvel comics are guilty of.
    That's not how that works.

They didn't.

yes you're right she's 12% black
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    With all the complaints about casting I'm surprised no one mentioned how Rosario looked nothing like Reyes. With S.k.i.d. trying to defend her casting.
    lol bro I'm not trying to defend Rosario Dawson as CeCe not at all. but giving the choices I'd rather have someone who looks more like her than one that doesn't.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

To be honest, while I think Dawson is great actress, I am kind of glad they went with someone else. Rosario is well known for her role as Claire in the Netflix shows, and with both characters have similarities, I'm not too mad at another actress getting the role. Although the problem with this actress is that I'm not familiar with her work, so I don't know the quality of the actress.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

No need to try to convince people about New Mutant's. They'll see it or they won't. It is what it is at this point. FoX hasn't casted properly in 17 years for minorities (Outside if Bishop & Darwin). Munn was critized for being mixed Condor for not being Chinese. People don't like X-MEN movies regardless the casting wasn't going to matter.