Page 106 of 386 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5790
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh boy, why they go and choose a white woman to play Cece?
    This has been known for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No need to try to convince people about New Mutant's. They'll see it or they won't. It is what it is at this point. FoX hasn't casted properly in 17 years for minorities (Outside if Bishop & Darwin). Munn was critized for being mixed Condor for not being Chinese. People don't like X-MEN movies regardless the casting wasn't going to matter.
    Dude if they casted correctly I woulda had the biggest nerd boner for this movie. instead my interest in seeing this is limp
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No need to try to convince people about New Mutant's. They'll see it or they won't. It is what it is at this point. FoX hasn't casted properly in 17 years for minorities (Outside if Bishop & Darwin). Munn was critized for being mixed Condor for not being Chinese. People don't like X-MEN movies regardless the casting wasn't going to matter.
    Munn is extra funny because the people who complain about it also make excuses for the character being a racist caricature in yellowface for 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    lol bro I'm not trying to defend Rosario Dawson as CeCe not at all. but giving the choices I'd rather have someone who looks more like her than one that doesn't.
    But she doesn't look anything like her. Rosario doesn't even identify as black the last I checked. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    This has been known for a few months now.
    this has been known as of this afternoon

They are around the same skin tone. Just google image search both them and look at them side by side.

It's just that Rosario has African facial features.
    No they do not

But she doesn't look anything like her. Rosario doesn't even identify as black the last I checked. =/
    neither does the new chick, neither does Zarga. so picking from the 3 of them the darkest one obviously wins. Point being Rosario looks blacker than the 2 of them so in the case she'd be the obvious choice :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Dude if they casted correctly I woulda had the biggest nerd boner for this movie. instead my interest in seeing this is limp
    Yep. This was the movie I was the most excited for. Now, not so much.

Here's the issue we have a movie with Cecilia Reyes, Sunspot, and Dani Moonstar and if Maisie Williams gets a tan Wolfsbane could end up the blackest character on the team.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-29-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Point being Rosario looks blacker than the 2 of them so in the case she'd be the obvious choice :/
    Rosario WAS the obvious choice and Fox obviously wanted her or they wouldn't have let THR run the initial article. However, scheduling conflicts with her Netflix shows or some other issue made her drop out of the project for one reason or another. The "new chick" is still Afro-Brazilian. Yes, it is possible to be Afro-Brazilian and light-skinned. That is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Rosario WAS the obvious choice and Fox obviously wanted her or they wouldn't have let THR run the initial article. However, scheduling conflicts with her Netflix shows or some other issue made her drop out of the project for one reason or another. The "new chick" is still Afro-Brazilian. Yes, it is possible to be Afro-Brazilian and light-skinned. That is a fact.
    Cecilia isnt an Afro-Brazilian though. She's Puerto Rican, which is an entirely different ethnic makeup than Brazilian. Rosario was closer to that (being Puerto Rican/Cuban mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Yep. This was the movie I was the most excited for. Now, not so much.
    gah and it's such a bummer as well. With everything going in America I thought surely they would correctly cast the first black X-dude as someone black...correcting DoFP and his portrayal in comics *le Sigh*
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Cecilia isn't Afro Brazilian or light skinned.

gah and it's such a bummer as well. With everything going in America I thought surely they would correctly cast the first black X-dude as someone black...correcting DoFP and his portrayal in comics *le Sigh*
    I expected better of so called New Mutants fan Josh Boone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I expected better of so called New Mutants fan Josh Boone.
    I know right!!! and he knew....he KNEW Sunspot is black!!!
    DBN2szHUAAAEqOo.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this has been known as of this afternoon
    The other actress wasn't much blacker.

No they do not

Alice's image is in a much brighter lighting than Rosario's. So naturally, Alice looks much lighter. I mean they both of high yellow complexion. Hell, in these two images their skin looks identical.