Page 112 of 386 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 5790
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I don't think Limbo will be a colorful hell dimension with fruity pebble demons like it is in the comics. I expect something more like the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks. Some kind of hard-to-define spirit world. Way more sinister.
    I agree...I expect more Upside Down from Stranger Things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm curious to see if they'll include all the elements of Mirage's powers. I'm certain that creating illusions will be her primary power, but I wonder if they'll still include her animal telepathy, and psionic bow?

The psychic rapport between her and Rahne is important, and I hope that it'll be included, but I don't think we'll see her psionic bow (which I think I'm in the minority when it comes to liking that aspect).
    I hope this leads to her regaining her mutant powers in the comics. I liked Mirage's psychic bow. Her mutant powers fit with her Valkyrie powers.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    Yay cast Dyer for young Kitty!
    Not bad actually... No secret I want Steinfeld as Shadowcat.

But I definitely want her to join New Mutant's. She's accomplished nothing as a X-MAN on film.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I hope this leads to her regaining her mutant powers in the comics. I liked Mirage's psychic bow. Her mutant powers fit with her Valkyrie powers.
    Same here. I really hope that if New Mutants is successful, that Dani's next writer will find a way to give her mutants abilities back. I love that Dani doesn't need to rely on her powers to be a badass, but this phase of being depowered has worn out its welcome imo. Hopefully this film can sway Marvel into changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Not bad actually... No secret I want Steinfeld as Shadowcat.

But I definitely want her to join New Mutant's. She's accomplished nothing as a X-MAN on film.
    If they cast Steinfeld then she should be in Dark Phoenix or its sequel. She has great chemistry with Sophie

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    If they cast Steinfeld then she should be in Dark Phoenix or its sequel. She has great chemistry with Sophie

Given the miscasting of Sunspot I'm not even sure I'll bother to watch this.

I won't. Roberto was the only black male mutant of note until Bishop came around. It is a travesty. It boggles to mind to see Fox so consistently ravage the IP Claremont crafted so well decades ago, in this day and age.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I've only been somewhat keeping up with this film. What characters have been confirmed to be part of the New Mutants team so far?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I've only been somewhat keeping up with this film. What characters have been confirmed to be part of the New Mutants team so far?
    Dani Moonster, Sam Guthrie, Rahne, Illyana, Roberto. I think that's all we know for sure but some folks speculate Warlock or Karma will be in maybe as cameos? No Doug which is BS
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Magik, Wolfsbane, Moonstar, Cannonball, Sunspot, Cecilia Reyes. Karma might have a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I won't. Roberto was the only black male mutant of note until Bishop came around. It is a travesty. It boggles to mind to see Fox so consistently ravage the IP Claremont crafted so well decades ago, in this day and age.
    QUOTE=yogaflame;2921578]I won't. Roberto was the only black male mutant of note until Bishop came around. It is a travesty. It boggles to mind to see Fox so consistently ravage the IP Claremont crafted so well decades ago, in this day and age.[/QUOTE]
    and considering that Sunspot and Bishop were essentially 10 years apart (and Claremont did not create the latter), I'm still salty that Claremont was so stingy in actually creating mutants who were racial minorities. All the WASPs on the team carrying the "oppressed in America" burden rang hollow as I got older.

I'll check out the movie I just hope that the characters involved are treated with respect. I also wonder which character will be set up to die?

I'm tired of all the complaining about whitewashing. Sometimes you just cast the best person for the job!! Alice Braga is Latina just like Cecilia Reyes. Henry Zaga is Brazilian just like Sunspot. Blu Hunt is Native American just like Dani Moonstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I'm tired of all the complaining about whitewashing. Sometimes you just cast the best person for the job!! Alice Braga is Latina just like Cecilia Reyes. Henry Zaga is Brazilian just like Sunspot. Blu Hunt is Native American just like Dani Moonstar.
    Cece and Bobby are black. The actors are not. Period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Cece and Bobby are black. The actors are not. Period.
    Bobby is also white.