Page 12 of 386 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah, I don't think New Mutants will be a prequel movie.
    So looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    So looks like I was right
    Seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Interesting. My guess is that this is not in the present day if they are using McAvoy for Prof X and Shipp for Storm. Possibly the 90s with a 10-year time jump and the main team of X-men are more established now since '83.
    If they're keeping them in the past why do a timeskip? New Mutants set in the 80s is kinda perfect. Though they better go to a Lile Cheney featuring Dazzler concert now. And Stevie Hunter can be in it!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    They're already stretching the limit of what age McAvoy and Fassbender can plausibly play, so I expect this will remain in the 1980s.

Maybe Rahne can have a scene with Jean at some point, if this is true. Heh.
    That would be cute if the casting is true.

I think New Mutant's will be set between 1984 - 1985 and the next X-Men film will be between 1986 - 1988

One benefit to this film taking place in the past, is that it opens the opportunity for Emma and the Hellions to be in this or the sequel.

For now I am praying that Selene is the main antagonist in this. They could possibly even introduce Magma at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post

If they're keeping them in the past why do a timeskip? New Mutants set in the 80s is kinda perfect. Though they better go to a Lile Cheney featuring Dazzler concert now. And Stevie Hunter can be in it!
    Stevie is a must have supporting character in this! Preferably played by Danai Gurira!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

This casting is so on the nose it almost feels like an early april fools joke. Hopefully not though.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Excited about this in general--but I'm a Shan fan so the lack of news on that front is disappointing.

Casting Dani is going to be tricky...she's going to have to be played by an unknown, right? I mean I don't consume much pop culture these days but I can't think of any prominent young American Indian actresses...but she's the team leader (unless they change that) and she's got to have enough presence to play off a GoT actress and The Witch girl.

I fancasted Devery Jacobs but she may be to old at 22

207623_10151433703710677_420668352_n.jpg

So with this movie happening (swear to the OAA if this is an April fools...) when will Marvel reprint the new mutants? I need non digital tpbs for my library.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

I've seen Anya Taylor-Joy in The Witch. She's perfect to play Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    I've seen Anya Taylor-Joy in The Witch. She's perfect to play Magik.
    +1 They couldn't have asked for a more perfectly cast Magik with Anya Taylor-Joy. If you've seen her in the Witch, she's already covered many themes integral to Illyana's backstory including a tenuous relationship with her brother and other mature themes as a young girl forced to deal with difficult issues early in her life.

Maisie as Rahne is an inspired choice, though when I read New Mutants back in the 1980s , I always thought of her as a far more insecure nervous girl with a far more aggressive secret identity as Wolfsbane. Maisie has a stronger persona and is more self-possessed as Arya but I don't doubt she can portray her well. Rahne was devout Irish-Catholic and Maisie always struck me as more Scottish than English.

This news makes the New Mutants movie to the top of my most anticipated list. Only if this casting news is all true, of course.

BANNED

I'm curious if somebody did cast Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik with irony in mind given the character's backstory?

Comic Book Movie is claiming that Fox denied these casting reports. But it's still possible that they are looking at these actors.

I really hope it is true. These actors and line-up are perfection.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds pretty good. Maisie Williams is a great actress, and while I know nothing about Taylor-Joy, just hearing that Magik has been cast and that the producers also worked on a critically acclaimed horror movie gives me more hope that this will be the movie I've wanted to see since I first read a New Mutants comic 15 years ago.

Unglaublich!

Hmmm. The article states that Cannonball, Mirage and Sunspot are the remaining NMs of the team... and this film is obviously set in the post-DOFP universe (Shipp and McAvoy's castings confirm this)...

But! In DOFP, Sunspot was an active (and not exactly elderly) mutant in 2023, prior to the timeline reset. So, unless the reset somehow inspired his parents to conceive him far earlier than they did pre-reset, how on earth are the Powers That Be gonna explain him being a teenager in the 1980s when he was only in his 20s (presumably) in 2023...?

Or do we think they'll go with 2023 Sunspot being a descendant of 80s Sunspot and keep this one's powerset in line with his original one? If they're casting Cannonball, who flies with a plume of smoke and flame, it wouldn't make much sense to have two characters on the same team with a similar signature.

I think it's best to ignore everything about DoFP Future except Wolverine.

Recast a 16-19 year old