Page 13 of 386 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

The film needs Magma and Dani in it as well.

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Apparently Fox have said the casting is not true

http://nerdist.com/not-so-fast-fox-s...casting-rumor/

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    Apparently Fox have said the casting is not true

http://nerdist.com/not-so-fast-fox-s...casting-rumor/
    Like I said before, it's also possible that they are in talks with these actors and don't want to confirm anything until the deals are finalized. I really, really hope Fox at least considers them, especially Anya Taylor-Joy for Yana. And the 80's setting of course.

Having said that, Maisie Williams did sound very fancast-y. But the fact that they mentioned James McAvoy and Alexandra Shipp as the actors who would appear in NM instead of Sophie Turner made it appear more legit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Rahne was devout Irish-Catholic
    She's Scottish and Presbyterian.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I found it weird Maisie was at the X-Men gathering for J-Law & Fassy in Montreal last summer. Thought she was there being apart of Mophie... Really want some Mophie in The X Universe

CBhQXk4.jpg

BANNED

lol "devout" she had it beaten into her wee bairn self by a deranged pastor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I found it weird Maisie was at the X-Men gathering for J-Law & Fassy in Montreal last summer. Thought she was there being apart of Mophie... Really want some Mophie in The X Universe

CBhQXk4.jpg
    Let the slash commence.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Like I said before, it's also possible that they are in talks with these actors and don't want to confirm anything until the deals are finalized. I really, really hope Fox at least considers them, especially Anya Taylor-Joy for Yana. And the 80's setting of course.

Having said that, Maisie Williams did sound very fancast-y. But the fact that they mentioned James McAvoy and Alexandra Shipp as the actors who would appear in NM instead of Sophie Turner made it appear more legit.
    I hope they don't use Storm, as she's already got the main X-Men movies.

Also, can't they throw us Academy X/NXM fans a bone? They don't have a bruiser, right? Throw in Santo. He evens up the male-female ratio, adds another POC, and acts as a comedic relief, and tension breaker, when necessary.

Should've known it was all just pure speculation. I would be gratefully surprised if Fox actually made a New Mutants film with the original roster.

Watch as we now get random obscure mutants such as Vulcan, Glob Herman, Shark Girl, Prodigy and Arclight as the founding New Mutants. Uck.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Seriously though, Anya Taylor-Joy still needs to be taken into consideration. Just after watching "The Witch," I just can't think of anyone else being Illyana besides her.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

Also, can't they throw us Academy X/NXM fans a bone? They don't have a bruiser, right? Throw in Santo. He evens up the male-female ratio, adds another POC, and acts as a comedic relief, and tension breaker, when necessary.
    Well that's the tension. The actual fans of the original New Mutants are people in their 40s now. How many of them will religiously watch and promote this movie compared to teens or 20somethings?

This is one case where violating canon is actually kind of excusable I think. They probably can get away with just making the movie about "X-Kids" generally.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Maybe Fox denying the rumors is the April's Fool joke.

Also, this could be a good thing either way, if maybe they adjust their plans based on the reaction to the rumors.

And I still think they might include some other Student Team members in this one. Even as supporting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Well that's the tension. The actual fans of the original New Mutants are people in their 40s now. How many of them will religiously watch and promote this movie compared to teens or 20somethings?

This is one case where violating canon is actually kind of excusable I think. They probably can get away with just making the movie about "X-Kids" generally.
    While I'm not against including Gen X and NXM members, it's not like original fans of the New Mutants will be the only ones pushing this. How many original fans did Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy have before their respective movies blew up? Definitely a fraction of original NM readers, which was one of the top titles in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Maybe Fox denying the rumors is the April's Fool joke.

Also, this could be a good thing either way, if maybe they adjust their plans based on the reaction to the rumors.

And I still think they might include some other Student Team members in this one. Even as supporting roles.
    Yeah maybe in light of the denial, we won't have to get teenage Storm as one of the members. Also this gives us hope that Shan and Amara will be in the roster instead of the homophobe Rahne!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

I won't/can't deny my very clear bias, but strictly speaking it wouldn't be ludicrous for them to include someone already established in the franchise not only to fit into a "senior mentor" type role that could run field exercises with them when a clearly mobility limited Xavier can't, but also to tie the story into the established timeline and offer some form of cohesion with the rest of the films. Purely from a non-comic oriented viewer standpoint, it would make sense. Granted definitely, there are many classic mutants to choose from to fill that role. Imho it would be a fantastic time to introduce Emma, maybe as a kind of Snape character where you don't know where her true allegiance lies until the end of the film, but Xavier(in place of Ol' Dumby) "trusts" her while no one else really does. But with Shipp's introduction as Storm in XMA that's less groundwork that Fox has to do, for another character in a new movie and that's honestly probably enough reason for them to use her. Lazy, but true lol

What I'm unsure of is what this would mean for Storm's role in future X-projects. I don't think they would just move her over to NM and leave her out of the main films, but if that is the case then I'm not sure I would prefer that. Granted I am grateful for all film adaptations of my clear favorite, and FULLY acknowledge my privilege in even being able to have "preferences" as I know much of the X fan base doesn't have that opportunity.... *sincerely pours one out for the Rogue fans*
    Last edited by Ororo101; 04-01-2016 at 07:55 AM.