Page 14 of 386 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

If they don't get Maisie Williams, then I'd prefer Amara and/or Shan over Rahne too.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't think Storm is a member. I think she's taking the Stevie Hunter role for New Mutant's.

It's great to see Storm in a Spin-Off finally.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I don't think Storm is a member. I think she's taking the Stevie Hunter role for New Mutant's.

It's great to see Storm in a Spin-Off finally.
    Yes, that is exactly what I picture her role would be too. Some form of "authority figure" between the New Mutants and Xavier. More of a teacher/advisor/mentor/trainer sort of position.

And as to your second point, I obviously couldn't agree more lol. But like I said, it would be nice if we could get some other classic characters represented as well. For everyone's satisfaction.

It would be a wasted opportunity to not include Stevie Hunter as a supporting character, especially if this is taking place in the 80's.

I think it's better to use Storm so she can fend for herself when the New Mutant's have to fight later in the film.

I think it's better to use Storm so she can fend for herself when the New Mutant's have to fight later in the film.
    The supporting characters don't have to participate in the fight scenes though (or at least not the ones against superpowered adversaries). One reason I love Stevie is because her presence in the books reduced the insular nature of the mutants to a huge degree, and actually represented Xavier's dream: harmonious co-existence.

Having said that, I would love to have both Stevie and Ororo in the movie as supports but the universe never spoils us like that.

I think Moira will be in New Mutant's so there should be a Human presence. And she participates in the plot and fights. I love her

I think Moira will be in New Mutant's so there should be a Human presence. And she participates in the plot and fights. I love her
    But that's my point. The NM are students, not soldiers. The only humans they are shown interacting with should not be combatants. Stevie Hunter brought a much needed aspect to the X-table.

Moira is a mother they show her son in a picture of Apocalypse trailer.

She can definitely relate to the NM

BANNED

I love Masie Williams. But covering her in fur. Not a Fan. I am surprised to see Cannonball and Sunspot though. Cannonball because Negasonic has his powerset. Sunspot because they already used him but they did cast him wrong. Hope they fix that. Be interesting to see how Fox does Magik.

I think it's best to ignore everything about DoFP Future except Wolverine.

Recast a 16-19 year old
    Just cast a black, blatino or mixed guy and give him his original black Kirby krackle effect and super strength. Did they even ever say his name in DoFP?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I love Masie Williams. But covering her in fur. Not a Fan. I am surprised to see Cannonball and Sunspot though. Cannonball because Negasonic has his powerset. Sunspot because they already used him but they did cast him wrong. Hope they fix that. Be interesting to see how Fox does Magik.
    Why on earth would Negasonic take precedence over Cannonball? They made those powers up to paste onto a jokey comedy sidekick character based on the silly name alone. She was fun with Wade, but enough of Fox X-Men films featuring characters in name only. This is the New Mutants, and for once I hope they take what already worked in the comics instead of just chucking mutants in to films like a free-for-all.

Each of the New Mutant characters bring a unique piece of the puzzle, and their interactions with each other are what makes the team compelling, and the stories work. Josh Boone is a big fan of the classic New Mutants, and that's why he's even on the project. He said he's had the story idea for the film for over a decade, so all being well, we're finally going to get an ensemble film where the adaptation is as faithful as the quality is high.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Just cast a black, blatino or mixed guy and give him his original black Kirby krackle effect and super strength. Did they even ever say his name in DoFP?
    Bishop did when he held out his hand to take Roberto's energy, but his accent and the barking tone he said it in made it pretty hard to catch if you didn't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    Bishop did when he held out his hand to take Roberto's energy, but his accent and the barking tone he said it in made it pretty hard to catch if you didn't already know.
    Oh, that's right. Oh well, we can just consider that Human Torch-knockoff Sunspot II, and meet the real one in New Mutants.

I'd like them to race swap Magma & Cypher

It was funny. New Mutants was like exactly 1 half ethnic(full spectrum), 1 half blonde hair/blue eyed Aryan.

Fox is now denying the casting. It was a little too perfect(for Rahne and Magik).