Page 151 of 386 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5790

This looks amazing!

Horror is great for New Mutants
    I fondly remember the early run with Bill's art and if this is adapting Demon Bear saga all the better as I love Dani Moonstar.

There is a scene in the comics where the team walks in on Illiyana during a ritual and demons begin pouring out of her mouth. That's pretty horror if you ask me lol.

Dani's fear illusions running rampart or the Demon Bear haunting the mansion. So many possibilities here. Just hope the next trailer shows some power usage.

And was that smiley face mask indicating a member of the RIGHT attacking the students?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This looks amazing!

Horror is great for New Mutants
    I fondly remember the early run with Bill's art and if this is adapting Demon Bear saga all the better as I love Dani Moonstar.

There is a scene in the comics where the team walks in on Illiyana during a ritual and demons begin pouring out of her mouth. That's pretty horror if you ask me lol.

Dani's fear illusions running rampart or the Demon Bear haunting the mansion. So many possibilities here. Just hope the next trailer shows some power usage.

And was that smiley face mask indicating a member of the RIGHT attacking the students?
    its probably belasco, the smily face mask must be a metaphor for illyana's abduction. if you slow down he has a realy disgusting and evil smile on the only frame when he takes the mask, tattos also. it screams demon or dark sorcerer to me.
    Last edited by Illyanas2; 10-13-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought it was interesting. Definitely more horror movie than X-Men movie, and if the director wasn't such a fan of the comics I'd be a little more worried about it straying too far from the source material, but I'm reasonably optimistic. My theory is that nobody's powers will fully develop until later in the movie (or perhaps they're being put under control with drugs) except Dani's, so that they can have a classic horror movie with teenagers confronting the demons of their past (brought about by Dani's powers) until they finally blast off (teleport out?) the Facility along with Cecilia and go try to find Xavier's School.

I like the idea of horror but I didn’t really like the trailer at all.
    I’m just hoping they release a New Mutants Omnibus.

If they are going that far with the horror then IMO they need to go R with it PG-13 and horror is just an awful combination.

At the start of the teaser I thought this looks like every other generic X-Men film, but as the horror element got played up it became a lot more interesting. I'm really glad it's not looking like the previous films cause I can't say I liked any of them that much. The franchise needs some fresh blood and hopefully this could be it.

Extraordinary Member

Going for horror is great, as it was an integral part of Claremont's series and is a fresh take for both X-Men and superhero movies.

What I'm worried about is the film not getting the other aspects of New Mutants. It was never just horror. It was also a school, with baseball and soccer games, teen romance, as well as old-school superheroics. The movie doesn't need to have everything, but it needs to have something from that.

I'm also not sold on the setting. Again, this sort of facility is a place Cannonball and Sunspot could easily destroy without a second thought, and them holding Magik against her will is as ridiculous as their holding Superman against his will. This needs to have an explanation that doesn't ruin their origins or powersets, especially Magik's.

One of the reasons we probably didn't see their powers in use was that those special effects aren't done yet.

Is Magik Colossus's little sister or older in this version? The clothes and equipment is giving me a definite 80's vibe particularly early to mid 80's.

What is up with Fox and making X-Men stuff... nothing like X-Men stuff. I knew it was going for the horror feel, but really? Remove the words mutants from it, and how the hell does this have anything to do with X-Men world?

Im still mad about the casting and this trailer did nothing for me, not a fan of horror, but I'm not going to write it off completely just yet. I'll reserve the rest of my judgement when the movie cones out.

I'm not a fan of superhero movies but the trailer is somewhat different to the usual fare.

The 'Demon Bear' saga, was my jumping on point for NM.

This is not a convincing trailer.

It looks like a really ordinary horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Well, I understand fully why this dropped on Friday the 13th in October.

Boone wasn't kidding when he said this was structured like a horror movie. It checks all the right boxes, in that respect. A lot of jump scares and old school horror imagery. It's not something that's usually associated with Fox's X-men movies, but then again, neither were the old western themes we saw in the Logan movie. They're really pushing the genre approach here. It's one of those approaches that could either succeed big and fail miserably. Given the glut of Marvel movies coming out next year, it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    however, for an xmen film that is supposed to fit into the timeline of the other x films it was really not great.
    F those movies

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I said before that the description sounds very Nightmare on Elm Street Dream Warriors but with a Stephen King tone.

It would be cool if the movie ended with Xavier or Magneto or a couple X-Men veterans like Beast or Cyclops coming to the Asylum to offer the New Mutants a place at Xavier's school.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hmmm. I knew they were going with the Horror film vibe... But, I don't know, needs to feel more mutantish and Xmen like to get into it. Right now it just feels like everyday horror movie, haunted asylum movie, demon doctor movie.
    They should have at least shown Rahne turning into a wolf or, cannonball blasting, magik doing some magic, sunspot turning black and glowing, right now I have no hype for this,since I don't care for generic horror movies.
    Hopefully, they release something more interesting later.
    I don't think the special effects are anywhere near ready yet seeing as they only wrapped principle photography not too long ago. That is probably why we aren't seeing much mutant powers displayed in this teaser.