Page 16 of 386 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    Sam and 'berto were in it, too. They showed up
    More times than Rahne who left the school off-panel (mentioned when Jubilee left). Wolverine pronounced her name right that time; in the episode where Beast takes some of the kids on a field trip, Kitty calls her "Rah-nee". Amusingly that's also how the vet pronounces it (My dog is named after Rahne!)

Dani also featured in one episode where Kitty finds her in a coma cocoon thing in a cave after she keeps appearing in her dreams.

Man, I love that show! All the episodes were on Amazon Instant video, but are gone now because of "licensing agreements". The compleX strikes again...
    Oh yeah I remember the Dani/Kitty episode! And now that I've looked them up, I remember Sam and Berto too. I guess Rahne lingered over them in my mind because of the being able to transform into a wolf thing.

I agree that Evo was pretty sweet. Surprised to learn it got such a bad critical rap. It was kind of an ideal way to make a show on young heroes.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Drew comments about his scoop

"I'm tired of having to repeat myself. I ran my story yesterday. Believe what you want. I won't be chasing my own reporting around anymore."

"Nope. Ran my story. Stand by it. I don't really care what denial was issued."

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Magik wasn't on Evo was she? I know Yana was on Season 2 of TAS for a episode.

"Piotr, you must help the one who saved me"
    I can literally hear her voice and the background music in my head and Omega Red's swishing tentacles haha

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Oh yeah I remember the Dani/Kitty episode! And now that I've looked them up, I remember Sam and Berto too. I guess Rahne lingered over them in my mind because of the being able to transform into a wolf thing.

I agree that Evo was pretty sweet. Surprised to learn it got such a bad critical rap. It was kind of an ideal way to make a show on young heroes.
    That surprises me, too! It took a while to hit its stride, but the last couple seasons were amazing! I guess people didn't like the X-Men being changed to kids. Hmm I wonder how that'll translate to Apocalypse.

Drew comments about his scoop

"I'm tired of having to repeat myself. I ran my story yesterday. Believe what you want. I won't be chasing my own reporting around anymore."

"Nope. Ran my story. Stand by it. I don't really care what denial was issued."
    I can't help but notice there was no direct quote from Fox aside from "it isn't true". Nerdist could be pulling an April Fool with that one. Also, rumours aren't usually flat-out denied if they are true. Most companies tend to issue a "we don't comment on rumours and speculation" statement, so if they /did/ say it wasn't true, I'm more inclined to believe that it is true!
    Last edited by Uncanny Madman; 04-02-2016 at 04:30 AM.

BANNED

If it means anything, Josh Boone had retweeted a Stephen King quote praising The Witch that was originally posted by The Witch movie Twitter account a month and a half back.

Though it does seem like he is a big horror fan in general. Wouldn't be surprised if the plot does turn out to be pretty Yana-centric.
    Hmm...I like his taste in film.

Casting Maisie as Wolfsbane would be a real waste as she would make a perfect X-23 (my dream casting), Fox should really make her the next Wolverine in the main films taking over from Hugh, but knowing Fox they would much rather do something stupid like casting a teen/younger Logan...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Casting Maisie as Wolfsbane would be a real waste as she would make a perfect X-23 (my dream casting), Fox should really make her the next Wolverine in the main films taking over from Hugh, but knowing Fox they would much rather do something stupid like casting a teen/younger Logan...sigh.
    I'd prefer Maisie as Wolverine but I'd rather her in the universe before Marvel cast her as someone else

I could kind of see Maisie as Kitty Pryde as well, but her as Rahne would be great.
    I wonder if Kitty will even appear in the New Mutants movie? I'd love to see her have at least a minor role, but not I'm not sure if I'd like her on the team.
    I do hope we get something as close as possible to the original line-up.

Do we know in which timeline New Mutants will take place? Is it in the present or it's a period piece? I guess present would make more sense, but you never know.

Right now I'm loving how they are keeping it mostly female. This really is a Super Hero YA!

Storm (Stevie Hunter)

Magik

Wolfsbane (Can she be Moira daughter?)

Mirage

Professor X

Cannonball

Sunspot
    Fox has to be looking for the next YA cash cow , now that Divergent is winding down. It makes sense that they would make the New Mutants movie more female centric. This has all sorts of promising potential. If they keep Rose Byrne as Moira , Maisie would be more believable as a daughter/niece of Moira. I'd also love to see Kaya Scodelario as 1980s Kitty.

No one has offered any possible options for Amara; I'd like to see Julia Garner.

BANNED

Great Love Triangle Incoming. Yeah Maise covered in fur not a fan. Kitty or X-23 works.

I think it makes sense for Fox to swing young. Marvel outside of Spider-man isn't likely to do more until after Infinity War. DC is too grim dark for many teens. Maybe Damian Wayne but I cant see teen sidekicks soon. Teen Titans is possible though eventually. But that is like 2020 for both of them. Fox can get there first.
    Last edited by JediKage; 04-02-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    No one has offered any possible options for Amara; I'd like to see Julia Garner.
    Definitely the right age range.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do we know in which timeline New Mutants will take place? Is it in the present or it's a period piece? I guess present would make more sense, but you never know.
    I'm thinking 1984-1986

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Alsoooo, the most popular Evo New Mutant was inarguably Boom Boom. She had the most presence.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm thinking 1984-1986
    God I hope not. I am tired of this stupid gimick and just want the X-verse to all be in the same time period. Move the X-Men back to the modern day and make everything else there going forward.

BANNED

I would agree. I mean sure Shipp doesn't look old enough but say Horseman treatment slows aging or something. Or connect it to Storm's Nature powers.

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Alsoooo, the most popular Evo New Mutant was inarguably Boom Boom. She had the most presence.
    Wish they'd used her in Deadpool instead of pasting Sam's powers onto a dead telepath.