Page 162 of 386 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 5790
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

According to that interview with IGN, Boone says that New Mutants is set in present day. So I guess it won't be in the late 80s or the 90s like people have speculated.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Interview with Boone: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...and-more?watch

Warlock and Karma will be in future movies.
    Good call on not including Warlock in this one. Unless they drastically changed his origin, I think the alien element would have been too much for the NM's first outing.

I'm still curious if/how Illyana's Limbo/magic stuff is going to be dealt with, as I feel that's too important to the character to get changed. I just hope they don't turn it all into her psychosis or something in order to "ground" the movie, but then again if Josh Boone is a fan I'm hoping he will find a good compromise between the source material and his own take.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Quick Google search would show that Sunspot is black. People at FOX should have done their research.
    I know the character is black. It's just weird to me that the whole onus of the outrage is on Fox when the character has been shown as white (or brown, at the very least) for years in the comics.

Yeah, the movie casting is all on Fox, but when they see two differently colored versions of the same character in the source material, I'm not surprised that they picked the more current one (incorrect though it may be).

I still don't know what the heck they were thinking with Cecilia Reyes, though.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    According to that interview with IGN, Boone says that New Mutants is set in present day. So I guess it won't be in the late 80s or the 90s like people have speculated.
    Goddess be praised! Enough of setting these movies in the past, the only time it was used effectively was in First Class. I can survive without Internet jokes, bomber jackets and malls, thanks very much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Goddess be praised! Enough of setting these movies in the past, the only time it was used effectively was in First Class. I can survive without Internet jokes, bomber jackets and malls, thanks very much.
    Sure, but why would you want to?

Extraordinary Member

Reply deleted.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-13-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm really digging how everyone looks here and in the teaser - even when they don't look exactly like their comicbook counterparts. The only one I'm not too fond of is Alice Braga as Cecilia, but that's probably because I really wanted Rosario Dawson for the part

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I just hope we don't get those TV Spots that feature every character individually. You know the ones I"m talking about. Like the one for Psylocke...showing every single scene where she used a psychic weapon...leaving no new material to watch when you got to the theater.
    I'm hoping for the same. Sadly the only way to get some people hyped is to gave away all the movie through the trailers... where's the fun in that?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wow, that's a surprisingly unattractive group of people. I get that it's a horror movie, but that doesn't mean the cast has to look scary, especially Sam. White Roberto is the only one who's even mildly above average in looks, even with his Joker-smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I know the character is black. It's just weird to me that the whole onus of the outrage is on Fox when the character has been shown as white (or brown, at the very least) for years in the comics.

Yeah, the movie casting is all on Fox, but when they see two differently colored versions of the same character in the source material, I'm not surprised that they picked the more current one (incorrect though it may be).

I still don't know what the heck they were thinking with Cecilia Reyes, though.
    I'm still blaming FOX for the movies as much as I blame Marvel for the comics. FOX knew exactly what they were doing with the casting. You blame Marvel for Sunspot but you cant blame them for Cecilia because i don't recall her ever being whitewashed in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm really digging how everyone looks here and in the teaser - even when they don't look exactly like their comicbook counterparts. The only one I'm not too fond of is Alice Braga as Cecilia, but that's probably because I really wanted Rosario Dawson for the part
    I really like the way everyone looks as well. It makes sense. It's set in present day, and they look contemporary. Each of them has elements of what make them their characters, without looking like walking stereotypes. Dani looks like a normal Native American girl living in 2017. She doesn't need the feathers and all the possibly offensive wardrobe. Illyana is wearing black, gothy type clothing, with a choker. It makes sense for her. Bobby looks preppy. Rahne is in sweaters and has a cross.

Sam looks like how a teenager from the Appalachian area would look and dress like. Except for the 4 inch platform boots he's wearing to make him appear taller....thats my only gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Wow, that's a surprisingly unattractive group of people. I get that it's a horror movie, but that doesn't mean the cast has to look scary, especially Sam. White Roberto is the only one who's even mildly above average in looks, even with his Joker-smile.
    What a disgusting, judgemental person you are. Are you an oil painting?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    What a disgusting, judgemental person you are. Are you an oil painting?
    Nah, the painting is hidden away in the attic getting uglier.

(And if you get it, pat yourself on your back for being well-read)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nah, the painting is hidden away in the attic getting uglier.

(And if you get it, pat yourself on your back for being well-read)
    It was a also a great movie with Angela Lansbury