Page 182 of 386 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 5790
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    The second trailer for most of Fox's x-men films usually come out 3-4 months after the teaser (Logan and XMApocalypse) probably due to needing more special effects.
    Mid January is the earliest we would see the next one IMO.
    Maybe December? The movie is out in march so the final trailer will probably be late January/early February.

Even this is repeating stuff that's already been said.
    Every thread on here. Every discussion. It's all people repeating the same crap, so I don't get why people complain about the Sunspot issue being brought up over and over when that's exactly what happens in all other threads regardless of the subject. It's ok to talk about Cyclops being right every day (which he was, Cyclops was right!) but not about the casting of Sunspot? Pfft.

Movie is set to release April 13, 2018 (Friday the 13th) in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    These are soo, soo good. Could you please do one with Selene and Queen of the Damned, Bram Stoker's Dracula or any other vamp movie of your choice? Just a request.
    Sure. I'll see what I can do.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Really?

looks like white washing to me
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Soooo is anyone going to actually talk about the trailer itself?

I like that it's presented as a horror movie with a mutant spin. A bit like "what would happen if people in a horror movie had super powers? how would they survive?"
    I really like that they're going for a (mostly) non-cgi approach, with make-up, props, prosthetics and green-screens. While cgi can be convincing at times, it just feels too 'clean' to me.

I also like that they're using The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist and Poltergeist as inspiration, in addition to the Sienkiewicz drawn issues of New Mutants.

And I'll echo others about Kitty. While she was never an official member of the team, she did spend a lot of time with them (especially during the Sienkiewicz run). I, myself, would consider her an honorary member.
    I'm also kinda bummed that Amara and Stevie aren't in it.
    But with it being a horror film, they'd need characters to kill off, and too many of the 'important' characters would require them to expand the cast to make room for more expendables.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-26-2017 at 05:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nobody is white washed.
    You sir, win the prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
    I'm choking. I can't breathe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Exactly. But I doubt we'll ever see them have a Vietnamese lesbian on the big screen.

*dead*

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Another mock-up I just threw together...
    This is one I would love to see:

In a similar vein, I started a thread about X-story Horror Movie ideas. Certainly, these ideas would be welcome.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

It’s fair if you don’t “get it” because growing up without the issue of representation may be hard to empathize with. But my god, the inflammatory reaction to this discussion—about a franchise that thrives on the minority metaphor— is baffling.
    Dude I know right people here get soooooo mad when it comes to Race.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's wild.

I guess this is what happens when your metaphor is too metaphoric; people loose sight of the actual issue at hand.
    Again..... Dude I know right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    When the actress playing Magik is a South American Hispanic, "At least he's Brazilian" has lost all meaning when it comes to racial representation.

...until the planned sequel that Boone confirmed he wants Karma in.
    I wouldn't believe anything Boone says

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Perhaps but he's ultimately African-American so there is no way to slide in a white dude to play him. Since Sunspot is primarily considered Brazilian and since a Brazilian can be black, white, mulatto, or mestizo, and since his skin color has changed over the years, it's a bit more justifiable to cast a Brazilian actor without concerns for ethnicity. Can't really do that with Bishop who is clearly just black.

Zaga for example is mestizo. I am not going to get worked up that they cast a Brazilian of mestizo descent for the role of Sunspot. If he were a pure white American dude then yeah I would question that.
    actually bishop was recently discovered yo be from Australia with an Australian ancestor soooo uhhhh Sunspot looked Black in his first appearance why change it for the movie has icky undertones
    GrindrStone(D)

These are soo, soo good. Could you please do one with Selene and Queen of the Damned, Bram Stoker's Dracula or any other vamp movie of your choice? Just a request.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    In a similar vein, I started a thread about X-story Horror Movie ideas. Certainly, these ideas would be welcome.
    I'll cross-post the images over there.

*squee*

*squee*

Thank you.
    Glad you liked it.

I started off with an idea using Castlevania as a setting, but eventually settled on a Gothic Romance style image (complete with glowing windows).
    I also gave Selene a cape because it just looked more regal. It was black with a red interior, but the red got hidden by the shadows. And I gave her some red lips and muted her skin color a bit to 'goth' her up some.
    Selene is from the X-Necrosha variant cover, while the New Mutants are from the cover to NM #38 (one of my favorite covers).
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-26-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Thank you.
    Glad you liked it.

I started off with an idea using Castlevania as a setting, but eventually settled on a Gothic Romance style image (complete with glowing windows).
    I also gave Selene a cape because it just looked more regal. It was black with a red interior, but the red got hidden by the shadows. And I gave her some red lips and muted her skin color a bit to 'goth' her up some.
    Selene is from the X-Necrosha variant cover, while the New Mutants are from the cover to NM #38 (one of my favorite covers).
    Love this insight. I love how many different sub-genres of horror are spanned by the New Mutants villains and the story/atmosphere possibilities that they each present.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Every thread on here. Every discussion. It's all people repeating the same crap, so I don't get why people complain about the Sunspot issue being brought up over and over when that's exactly what happens in all other threads regardless of the subject. It's ok to talk about Cyclops being right every day (which he was, Cyclops was right!) but not about the casting of Sunspot? Pfft.
    Differences should be apparent in terms of tone, emotions, real world vs fiction

Plus it's just not true that every thread has people just repeating themselves... to a degree on some things sure

But I mean noone is going to get ultra worked up about whether or not "Cyclops is right", but constantly talking about race in this like, really absolutist way is just purposely being provocative and controversial and aggressive, like if anyone does not 100% submit and agree then they are a bigot somehow... it's just not a good atmosphere and it makes things way too tense and negative

Obligatory qualifier: of course I am not saying people CAN'T say w/e they want. It's just a suggestion from my PoV, hope it isn't rudely instantly dismissed but if that happens so be it
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 10-26-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I was just saying Selene is perfect for the vibe their going for in the New Mutants films with her sorcery and vampiric nature.

I could see her being a bridge villain between the X-films and New Mutants films as well...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6