Page 183 of 386 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I was just saying Selene is perfect for the vibe their going for in the New Mutants films with her sorcery and vampiric nature.

I could see her being a bridge villain between the X-films and New Mutants films as well...
    Yeah. She's also one of the best options for a full crossover/umbrella film with all the various X-franchises. Just do Necrosha with the dead characters returning to haunt the surviving ones, but do it better than the comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah. She's also one of the best options for a full crossover/umbrella film with all the various X-franchises. Just do Necrosha with the dead characters returning to haunt the surviving ones, but do it better than the comic.
    the movies are a watered down version of the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    the movies are a watered down version of the comics.
    The main ones are but the unexpected success of the spinoffs are hopefully changing that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    The main ones are but the unexpected success of the spinoffs are hopefully changing that.
    Yea but the implication was that the movie would need to be better than the comic...Necrosha was a bit too specific to be a movie AND be better than the book. How would you even do the Hellions when we haven't seen them, or them die in a movie?

Yea but the implication was that the movie would need to be better than the comic...Necrosha was a bit too specific to be a movie AND be better than the book. How would you even do the Hellions when we haven't seen them, or them die in a movie?
    What I would do is...
    After the initial trilogy, have the next movie introduce Emma Frost as the New Mutants begin to fear that they're not safe where they are. She gains their trust by revealing that she, too, is a mutant, and is taking teens in to help them control their abilities (at this point the non-comics reading audience would assume she's just another Charles Xavier. Especially since they're used to things like the Star Trek Captains. They would just think it's X-Men: The Next Generation).
    Have Roberto and Warlock decide not to go with the rest to Emma's school.

The Hellions are introduced as the existing students when the New Mutants arrive at the Academy. Jealousies and rivalries ensue. Typical teen drama stuff mellows things out for a bit so the audience gets comfortable with the school and think it's going good for them.

But through his dad, Roberto discovers that the school is being used by a secret society called the Hellfire Club to power a cult that's attempting to summon a Cthulhu-type entity.
    Unknown to the students, the reason why their powers seem more under control while at the school is because their powers are being siphoned while they sleep to power the Club's dark rituals.

Roberto and Warlock (along with one or two other mutants that somewhat resemble the Fallen Angels) have to free their friends.

The 'Fallen Angels' eventually free the New Mutants and several Hellions. One notable exception would be Empath, who secretly knew what the Hellfire Club was doing and was manipulating not only his fellow classmates but also Emma and some of the staff. Throw in that he's also competing with Sam for Amara's attention.

A big finish happens, including a fight between the New Mutants and a horde of demons from Limbo before the Hellfire Club 'disappears' when the Academy is destroyed. Meanwhile, clues are given about Illyana's past and Belasco.
    And Lockheed is left behind and taken in by Illyana.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Looks like Cannonball's actor won't be able to promote the movie in the US.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ession-1052716
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't believe yall are trying to spin this. Cecelia has always been a blatina woman. She has always been someone who saves lives. Even if she was embarrassed by what her mutation would do for her professional life as a doctor, she was always a good doctor. There is nothing in her canon that supports the idea of her institutionalizing mutant children. And the most obvious disconnect from continuity is the fact that she never appeared in a single issue of The New Mutants, or even old school X-Force. She has no connection to the characters except for Sam, who was a rookie on the X-Men when she first appeared.

So if Fox want's to insert Kitty, or any other character into these movies, it would be in keeping with their lack of concern for actual comic book canon/continuity, which is what my previous post was about.
    Nothing you said is false here.

What is false is saying that fox "breaking continuity" as you said.

Sure, fox is missing a huge opportunity by choosing a less dark skinned actress, for example. But that doesn't mean they are breaking continuity. That's a separate issue. Maybe if you call it "not adapting source material more Accurately in an attempt to whitewash characters", it would make your statement true.

And for the record I'm definitely against whitewashing characters from comics into movies. But again it's not breaking continuity. It's a separate, equally problematic issue.

My issue is saying they don't care about continuity. They have their own continuity they can follow as they please and they don't deserve criticism for that. Criticize the missed opportunity to cast a proper ethnic actress for the roles. That's a valid complaint imo.
    Last edited by Grey; 10-28-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So y'all are just alright with Roberto and Cecelia being blatantly whitewashed under the pretense of "it's different universes"? Really? That doesn't sound strange to you guys in the slightest?
    For what it's worth I'm bothered by it. My issue was only with someone saying it's breaking continuity.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Since he's in the film thought I'd post Charlie Heaton has been denied entry into the United States after Cocaine was found in his baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Looks like Cannonball's actor won't be able to promote the movie in the US.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ession-1052716
    Just saw that. Well not that big of a deal there is plenty of other cast to promote in the U.S.

The same case could be made for OML and yet, as a standalone piece of work, many would agree that Logan was much better despite the liberties it took from the original story.

Anyway, Necrosha isn't a particularly strong story so it could easily be improved upon. I also just meant the concept of Selene being the main villain resurrecting the dead characters to come back and haunt/taunt their living companions. Some of the specifics can be omitted and seeing how the original story was a shameless Blackest Night rip-off, doubt anyone would cry sacrilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Just saw that. Well not that big of a deal there is plenty of other cast to promote in the U.S.
    Is it a permanent ban? April is still some time away.

sad to see this stuff in very young actors, and sad one of the XMen actors has to deal with this, and even more this being their first x-movie

BANNED

its a pity they didnt cast Alfie Enoch for Roberto, cut the beard and he looks like he is still in harry potter, is brazilian descent, has the preppy look and charm. Ginourmous wasted oportunity.

Robertos casting is white washing plain and simple, cause I belive henry zaga is originated from the southern part of brazil, knowed for its huge caucasian population, Cecilia with alice braga is a case of colorism and white passing, because she has african, native and portuguese descendacy.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Is it a permanent ban? April is still some time away.
    A conviction for drug possession would be a permanent ban, yeah. I also believe anyone determined to be a drug addict (without a conviction) is inadmissible. There may be ways he'll be allowed in the US again and his acting career won't be ruined, but it'll take some effort.

He should have kept his mouth shut. But for admitting that he used cocaine, it probably would be much harder to prove he knew the cocaine residue was there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?