Page 193 of 386 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    He looks like Sam in the first & last pictures to me.

Attachment 59187
    Interesting that you chose no images from his original NM presentation, and you didn't use the photo of him as he is actually presented in the movie....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Not crazy about the practically confirmed Nova Roma story; it's a ridiculous and unnecessary concept. Does anyone really care that much about Magma anyway? Also way to highlight your most problematic character. Am glad though that there's sequel talk; hopefully that means we'll get the trilogy even if it doesn't do great and regardless of the buyout. Even better if he meant they were already working on filming.

Eh, who knows, maybe Brazil is meant to be Vietnam and we'll get some Xian backstory, or it's a random setting for Magus stuff or some other thing.
    I loved Magma. In fact, I think there was a crossover with the X-Men that had her, which is what inspired me to check out the book in the first place. I always felt bad how underused she was. That being said, the fact that they didn't know what to do with her is why I don't blame people for not liking her. But she's still an important part of New Mutant mythos.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

He looks like Sam in the first & last pictures to me.

Attachment 59187
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Interesting that you chose no images from his original NM presentation, and you didn't use the photo of him as he is actually presented in the movie....
    Indeed the comic book images are deep into the period where Sam stopped looking like awkward country bumpkin Sam and transitioned into a more conventional "Leading Man" type. I'd place the beginning of that change around the team's conversion into X-Force.
    There was an occasional reversion to "Real Sam" in the latter day New Mutants reunion projects but for the most part "Classic Cannonball" has been lost to us. :-(
    If there is a glimmer of awkward acadiana in Charlie Heaton's portrayal, I can easily forgive Guthrie's look being "off"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Also, while at the panel, Boone mentioned them talking about filming the sequel in Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Nova Roma... A South America type horror movie
    SELENE!!! Now I really hope this movie is a hit and the franchise continues regardless if Disney buys Fox or not. I need the Goddess on the big screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    SELENE!!! Now I really hope this movie is a hit and the franchise continues regardless if Disney buys Fox or not. I need the Goddess on the big screen.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If the Fox-Men wanted Thanos-style greater scope villain that could tie their entire franchise together, Selene would be PERFECT. Apocalypse could be revealed to have been an unwitting pawn that she subtly manipulated from behind the scenes (perhaps she first encountered him when her powers were weak, and submitted to him as a servant with him none the wiser of her true nature). They could also reveal that Sinister — and thus Weapon X and Transigen — has been working for HER. And if they were to use her full Goddess-level powers from Necrosha, she would present a TREMENDOUSLY powerful threat that could require everyone together to defeat.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-09-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Seeing Selene would be awesome. Also, have to say that I care about Magma as well. She's always been underutilized imo, and would love to see her brought to the big screen. Her powerset could add some really cool visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Look again, it's not a plush, it's a hand puppet!
    That Lockheed hand puppet is the star of this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If the Fox-Men wanted Thanos-style greater scope villain that could tie their entire franchise together, Selene would be PERFECT. Apocalypse could be revealed to have been an unwitting pawn that she subtly manipulated from behind the scenes (perhaps she first encountered him when her powers were weak, and submitted to him as a servant with him none the wiser of her true nature). They could also reveal that Sinister — and thus Weapon X and Transigen — has been working for HER. And if they were to use her full Goddess-level powers from Necrosha, she would present a TREMENDOUSLY powerful threat that could require everyone together to defeat.

Though I'd be over the moon if Selene were "just" the big bad in a South America/Nova Roma centric New Mutants sequel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Seeing Selene would be awesome. Also, have to say that I care about Magma as well. She's always been underutilized imo, and would love to see her brought to the big screen. Her powerset could add some really cool visuals.
    Speaking of Amara, first look at Dark Phoenix movie Jean Grey gave me strong Magma vibes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

seline would have been a good start to the x necrosha stroryline. guess we can give it 3 years after xforce, new mutants 2 and if the main x universe is still surviving jump to the present but urgh. it will make no sense for the main xmen.

seline was a vary good villian.

Extraordinary Member

The teaser shown in Brazil apparently has the New Mutants all hooked up to lie detectors. So things like Magik's saying she killed 18 men may not be truthful. https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...iption-a156196

Amae

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Blu looks perfectly Dani-ish (I mean I guess there are darker Natives but despite claims to the contrary I would not call her white-passing.)
    Honestly my biggest visual issue with Dani is that she's short, and that's not really anything against the actress at all it's just that in comics Dani is always ridiculously tall in comparison to everyone else. The only person taller than her is Sam, and he's a literal pole of a human in the New Mutant comics. So seeing Dani be as short as Rahne, who is the small little baby of the group? Very strange. Just something to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Amae View Post
    Honestly my biggest visual issue with Dani is that she's short, and that's not really anything against the actress at all it's just that in comics Dani is always ridiculously tall in comparison to everyone else. The only person taller than her is Sam, and he's a literal pole of a human in the New Mutant comics. So seeing Dani be as short as Rahne, who is the small little baby of the group? Very strange.
    It is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I didn't pick these images. Found it on google.

The point is you can't expect a character to be drawn the same all the time.

I didn't pick these images. Found it on google.

The point is you can't expect a character to be drawn the same all the time.
    You at least chose to attach that image on your post, so you did pick the images.

It's not even the facial features, height, or blonde hair I am so concerned with(though it'd be ideal to have them too). It's the idea of taking a respectable young man from a culture that is often look down upon(low income Appalachians), and instead presenting him more in alignment with the cliche narrative(violent and/or abused redneck). He looks like the meanest, sketchiest character on that group image, while Magik and "Berto" look like the warmest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Just as long as Rahne gets the most screen time and dialogue, I'm totally fine with this.
    given who they cast.... I'm pretty sure she's gonna be doing stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVB0gtqYHBY