Page 2 of 386 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Most likely it will be the O5 off New Mutants, Moonstar, Sunspot, Cannonball, Karma and Wolfsbane.

For visuals Magma would problem most awesome special effects.

Rictor yeah, Shatterstar is not special enough I think.

I don't think they'll use JGS kids. If so, then there's no right guessing.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Most likely it will be the O5 off New Mutants, Moonstar, Sunspot, Cannonball, Karma and Wolfsbane.

For visuals Magma would problem most awesome special effects.

Rictor yeah, Shatterstar is not special enough I think.

I don't think they'll use JGS kids. If so, then there's no right guessing.
    Star has that whole scrapper, Wolverine feel, in a role that will probably be filled by X-23.

But a guy can dream, right?

If it takes from a bunch of different incarnations it won't be half as cool as it would if it was with the original team. Samn, Dani, Rayne, 'Berto, X'i'an, 'Yana, Doug, and Warlock please...

Amazing Member

I'd advise caution as usual on expecting that 1:1 comic transfer. It's a FOX movie. For all we know (nothing but the title?) this could be something totally random like Wolverine mentoring Elixir, Pixie and Tempus.

Depends on the plot. I'd guess they'd be adamant about using Magik. Warlock wouldn't really be consistent with the tone of everything else they've done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    I'd advise caution as usual on expecting that 1:1 comic transfer. It's a FOX movie. For all we know (nothing but the title?) this could be something totally random like Wolverine mentoring Elixir, Pixie and Tempus.
    Right. Because the MCU has absolutely been 1:1. It's not like they turned a red shirt who died on the first page of a book and another hero into the Big Bad and Dragon of one of their films, or anything.

Oh. Wait. That's right, they DID.

Amazing Member

A little too defensive there. All I'm saying is that I'm already seeing a ton of anticipation for this being a faithful adaptation of Claremont's New Mutants and I'd really like to avoid the probably inevitable disappointment and fanboy rage if it should turn out to only have tenuous relations with any iteration of the title. As with First Class it could still work out well but it'll be a shame if everyone starts pooing on it years before release because of perceived straying from the source material.

It would seem weird to me to use the New Mutants name and not be basically about that cast. It's not exactly an evocative title amongst non comics fans.

Personal I hope they do Asgardian wars just to see Marvel claim ownership of Norse mythology.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

I think we can expect some fidelity to the concept--there will be a young group of mutants mentored by an established character--with some changes to the specifics--I would be amazed if it was even half of the Claremont lineup. (Guessing Sam and Magik at least. Maybe Paige so there's some family drama too? Would be amazed if Dani and/or Shan made it. Watch them cast a black actor to play Doug so he can die tragically. Ah, Hollywood.)

Somebody pointed out on twitter that since they've hired a guy who does teen/romantic dramas to direct we're already headed in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Personal I hope they do Asgardian wars just to see Marvel claim ownership of Norse mythology.
    that would be a hoot and a half.

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

The original team doesn't seem that unlikely. It's a pretty diverse group, which is the in thing these days. Maybe put Cypher in there and make him African-American.

mark guggenheim is pretty well-known in hollywood, and he loves cypher. so honestly, having doug ramsey on the cast isn't that unlikely.

Just hope they do it right and don't try to do something dumb like throw Kitty in there and make her the star and jubilee and whoever else they can cram in who already has a name from other movies. I want them to present a fresh idea with a whole new cast don't want the Ellen Page show. If they have a team from New Mutants it would be cool the original would be ideal but some might not have exciting enough powers for Hollywood so could see them replaced. Mostly just hoping for Magik to make it in a movie.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am on the wait and see wagon. If they actually use at least most of the original New Mutant characters I am cool with it. If it is just going to be random young mutants like X-23, Quentin Quire, Dust, Ink then I am am probably going to lose a lot of interest in it fast.

With that being said I almost promise you it will have X-23 in it.

My ideal lineup:

Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Dani Moonstar
    Cypher
    Boomer
    Warpath
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-13-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Roberto, Rahne, Sam, Dani and Karma. I hope they start with the originals but i'm sure Fox is going to include Allen Page (Kitty) in the film. I wish i could master some enthusiasm but i just can't. There hasn't been even one X-Movie that has made me walk in cloud nine after watching them. So whatever they churn up i guess i'll give it a look see. Such a shame because CC's writing in New Mutants is soooooooooooo cinematic that they dont even need to do that much work.
    But see, there is only one white man in the original team. Fox may not be willing to dare there. Its very POC and women heavy.