Page 224 of 386 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

20:15
    I love that they drug DoFP through the mud!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Yikes! I wonder where all that hate for Josh Boone is coming from?

I would love to hear what he has to say about the delay.

I've been talking with him some

Boone

I haven't seen any of his other work, but based on his work on NM, I'd say yes. On a personal level he's a jackass. Only shows any respect to the people above him, treats everyone else like trash.
    Script

The script wasn't completely awful at first. It got worse and worse the more he changed it.
    Cast

All really good. Even Blu. Zaga and Anna were the standouts.
    X-Men movie in name only?

Pretty much, the New Mutants were all toned down, darker versions of themselves, and while they did use their powers, it wasn't an X-Men movie, it was a random poorly thought out horror movie and they just happened to be in it.
    Power Display

Well they definitely used their powers more than they did in the trailer, but it felt like at every turn they were looking for an excuse for them to not use their powers when it would make sense for them to do so.
    Random tidbits

That hospital was quite creepy at times.
    Colossus got a mention.
    Cecelia Reyes was the villain at the start, but by the end the kids realized she was trying to protect them from themselves. Dani loses control of her powers and manifests the Demon Bear, whom was gets in their heads and they defeat it by realizing it cannot hurt them if they don't fear it. Really stupid crap.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I love that they drug DoFP through the mud!
    yes i always thought dofp was trash and far overrated. glad to see I'm not the only one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This still misses the point. If it was that cheap then Fox wouldn't be reshooting. No one is going to spend money to reshoot a movie that has a 30-50 million budget if their concern is cheapness.

The issue isn't that Fox is cheap. The issue is that it is apparently too dark which isn't a function of how expensive or cheap it is.
    I wonder how dark it was, if it was IT dark, then it should have been fine unless IT was R Rated

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes i always thought dofp was trash and far overrated. glad to see I'm not the only one.
    I doubt you were the only one that felt that way, some that like superhero movies like Avengers with no substance always end up showing a great dislike when a movie of such deep substance like DOFP is thrown into the spot that make Avengers look as bad as it is. I have already read how civil rights in xmen should not be there in the first place because MCU is not that deep thinking and you wonder the reason some have said the genre is dying out because of movies like Avengers , when DOFP was playing out as a breath of new life.
    Last edited by hartttt; 01-12-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    I wonder how dark it was, if it was IT dark, then it should have been fine unless IT was R Rated

I doubt you were the only one that felt that way, some that like superhero movies like Avengers with no substance always end up showing a great dislike when a movie of such deep substance like DOFP is thrown into the spot that make Avengers look as bad as it is. I have already read how civil rights in xmen should not be there in the first place because MCU is not that deep thinking and you wonder the reason some have said the genre is dying out because of movies like Avengers , when DOFP was playing out as a breath of new life.
    deep substance? are we talking about dofp or did you get this mixed up with something else? whether you think avengers is great (which actually I didn't think so) or not is irrelevant. what is relevant is that the fox-men days are numbered so enjoy these subpar stories while you can as they will soon be a thing of a distant past.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    a thing of a distant past.

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

(^_^) (^_^)

They should just throw the whole movie away.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    A 10-month delay is really poor form and reflects terribly on Fox, especially so close to the initial release date. My take is that the upcoming Disney buyout has given some executives and producers at Fox cold feet when it comes to their last Marvel movies: they know they're going to be highly scrutinized and put under a bigger spotlight than ever before internally at Disney, and some people might or might not be asked to make the jump to the House of Mouse or Marvel Studios specifically based on their latest work. We know that New Mutants is the most left-field of all the mutant movies on Fox' slate and it's suddenly become a lot riskier than it was before due to the above.
    It is not really that risky if the budget is 30-50 million though. Big time movie execs don't get all worked up over low budget films.

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    I wonder how dark it was, if it was IT dark, then it should have been fine unless IT was R Rated.
    Yeah IT was rated R.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I think this is probable especially since they pushed it out so far. after the merger Disney may see this as a wasted effort. especially if the producers behind this are reshooting because their first go at it was crap.

I've been talking with him some

Boone

Script

Cast

X-Men movie in name only?

Power Display

Random tidbits
    Who is this person again?

Someone who worked on the movie?

I hate hearing such negative things when I was so beyond excited for this movie.

Spectacular Member

If they scrap it I will fucking burn down the offices. I don't give a shit if it's not the greatest movie ever; I just want to see these characters on screen. Something that I know will never happen again for at least 20 years, as Disney erases any character who wasn't in TAS. There's a finished product, fucking give us something.

If Dark Phoenix is scrapped you know Disney or someone will bring Scott and Jean back to film within the decade, possibly even with the Phoenix Saga again. Meanwhile the New Mutants have barely gotten even animated cameos in their 35+ years of existence. And now they were gonna be brought to life by perfect actors, while JLaw sleepwalks her way to a paycheck and other characters are gotten completely wrong.
    Last edited by Mackandal; 01-12-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    If they scrap it I will fucking firebomb the offices. I don't give a shit if it's not the greatest movie ever; I just want to see these characters on screen. Something that I know will never happen again for at least 20 years, as Disney erases any character who wasn't in TAS. There's a finished product, fucking give us something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    If they scrap it I will fucking firebomb the offices. I don't give a shit if it's not the greatest movie ever; I just want to see these characters on screen. Something that I know will never happen again for at least 20 years, as Disney erases any character who wasn't in TAS. There's a finished product, fucking give us something.
    Yeah doesn't make sense to want to see this movie scrapped.

Best case, it is really good and there are sequels.

Worst case, it sucks and gets rebooted.

I said the same thing about Gambit. I don't give a shit about whether it is good or not. Just want to see Tatum's version of the character because it can easily be rebooted if it sucks.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.