Page 225 of 386 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5790

I don't want bad movies to make it on screen that will have a negative impact on the X properties. That's a risk no one should take.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    If they scrap it I will fucking firebomb the offices. I don't give a shit if it's not the greatest movie ever; I just want to see these characters on screen. Something that I know will never happen again for at least 20 years, as Disney erases any character who wasn't in TAS. There's a finished product, fucking give us something.

If Dark Phoenix is scrapped you know Disney or someone will bring Scott and Jean back to film within the decade, possibly even with the Phoenix Saga again. Meanwhile the New Mutants have barely gotten even animated cameos in their 35+ years of existence. And now they were gonna be brought to life by perfect actors, while JLaw sleepwalks her way to a paycheck and other characters are gotten completely wrong.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I don't want bad movies to make it on screen that will have a negative impact on the X properties. That's a risk no one should take.
    The Fox X-Franchise already has a bad rep. The overall pop culture perception of the X-Men won't be affected if one spinoff movie is mediocre, especially since then Saint Disney can swoop in and save them. (Regardless of the tedious debate on here, that's how the majority population feels)

Spectacular Member

I was excited to see my favourites on screen; fucking sue me.

But it won't because it goes over to Marvel and the audience understands that Marvel has a different vision.

If your logic holds true then we wouldn't see the FF over at Marvel.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

At this point, really, how much lower can we go? We've already had mass graves, exploding black men, impaled women, actually lots of stabbing and dismemberment. Whole families being slaughtered. What's a few cheap horror tricks more at this point?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I think it's a shame this movie is being moved that much. Wasn't planning to watch it anyway as horror is not my favorite but almost a whole year doesn't make sense. Now what is that going to do to the budget? Wasn't this movie estimated to be in the 30-50M budget? Now it's going to balloon at almost double the original.

Fox should have moved Deadpool into the NM spot since April seems soft. It will be interesting to see how the sequel does since Solo opens one week. It should beat IW since it will be the third weekend. Not sure if that was a smart move on Disney allowing this to happen.
    Disney has no say in this. It would be illegal for them to do anything until after the merger has been validated by the government.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    At this point, really, how much lower can we go? We've already had mass graves, exploding black men, impaled women, actually lots of stabbing and dismemberment. Whole BLACK families being slaughtered. What's a few cheap horror tricks more at this point?
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Fixed.
    You're not wrong.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Fixed.
    I see no lies in this post!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    If they scrap it I will fucking burn down the offices. I don't give a shit if it's not the greatest movie ever; I just want to see these characters on screen. Something that I know will never happen again for at least 20 years, as Disney erases any character who wasn't in TAS. There's a finished product, fucking give us something.
    You know it is that kind of thinking that gave us things like the Generation X TV movie. I would rather not see anything than see something that takes a property I love and then just ruins it. It is hard to get the stink of failure of a mid tier property if the first time out of the gate they really screw it up.

That's really a bummer.
    This movie may be the last chance for some new X-characters to go to the big screen before we're back to the same old gate-keepers of the mutant world..
    I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm glad there are people realizing it is important to give lesser known characters a chance in films and that experimenting with genre is not "stupid" just because it might not blow away enough 13 and 14 year olds

For the rest of you ... I would post a gif with a held up hand to talk to but I don't really know how to do that stuff so just imagine I did

I also agree with the person who said they are curious about the original version of this movie and want to see it. I do too!
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    For the rest of you ... I would post a gif with a held up hand to talk to but I don't really know how to do that stuff so just imagine I did!

Fixed it for ya
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-12-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.