Page 226 of 386 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 5790
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm glad there are people realizing it is important to give lesser known characters a chance in films and that experimenting with genre is not "stupid" just because it might not blow away enough 13 and 14 year olds

For the rest of you ... I would post a gif with a held up hand to talk to but I don't really know how to do that stuff so just imagine I did

I also agree with the person who said they are curious about the original version of this movie and want to see it. I do too!
    fox had damn near 20 years to give lesser known characters a shot and you know what they chose to do with that time? give us wolverine and more wolverine. so my bad but their time is up and the only reason they are even attempting all of this now is to make people more reluctant to see these properties leave. the gag is fox never cared about these characters and if they had.we would hsve a lot more in terms of content and movies to demonstrate that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    fox had damn near 20 years to give lesser known characters a shot and you know what they chose to do with that time? give us wolverine and more wolverine. so my bad but their time is up and the only reason they are even attempting all of this now is to make people more reluctant to see these properties leave. the gag is fox never cared about these characters and if they had.we would hsve a lot more in terms of content and movies to demonstrate that.
    This is nothing but the truth. Fox is seeing how valuable the lesser known X-Men can truly be. It's too little too late.

The bold is not consistent with reality. New Mutants, Deadpool, X-force, etc. were planned long before Marvel bought Fox and had nothing to do with making people reluctant to see these properties leave. Unless you are telling me Fox has mutants working for them with the ability to predict the future.

There could be any number of reasons why Fox is now exploring other characters. All I know for sure is your reason has virtually zero chance of being true.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The bold is not consistent with reality. New Mutants, Deadpool, X-force, etc. were planned long before Marvel bought Fox and had nothing to do with making people reluctant to see these properties leave. Unless you are telling me Fox has mutants working for them with the ability to predict the future.

There could be any number of reasons why Fox is now exploring other characters. All I know for sure is your reason has virtually zero chance of being true.
    whispers and rumors of fox selling the mutants properties back to Disney has been swirling around for quite a while before the actual announcement was made public. remember Stan Lee had even mentioned it awhile ago and people said he was old and didn't know what he he was talking about. so point being we don't know how long the powers that be at fox has known of this deal or even rumors of the deal before we became aware. so to say there was virtually zero chance of being true is not accurate. and based upon people's reaction here as far as being upset because these less popular characters getting their moment stripped away would definitely support my view
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

deep substance? are we talking about dofp or did you get this mixed up with something else? whether you think avengers is great (which actually I didn't think so) or not is irrelevant. what is relevant is that the fox-men days are numbered so enjoy these subpar stories while you can as they will soon be a thing of a distant past.
    X-men days are numbered in general since the last good X-Men movie will be X-Force, Deadpool 2 or New Mutants. MCU X-Men is the death of superhero movies, subar stories in X-Men to MCU with zero story is what will be the fast killer. will it be a distant past, once the first MCU X-Men is terrible and people quickly rewatch the old X-Men movies for healing. I heard stories like this after Spiderman Homecoming suddenly Spiderman 3 is a good film. Disney is having this habit of making other people's work look like a masterpiece these days.
    Last edited by hartttt; 01-13-2018 at 01:54 AM.

whispers and rumors of fox selling the mutants properties back to Disney has been swirling around for quite a while before the actual announcement was made public. remember Stan Lee had even mentioned it awhile ago and people said he was old and didn't know what he he was talking about. so point being we don't know how long the powers that be at fox has known of this deal or even rumors of the deal before we became aware. so to say there was virtually zero chance of being true is not accurate. and based upon people's reaction here as far as being upset because these less popular characters getting their moment stripped away would definitely support my view
    Ryan Reynolds was begging Fox and got his Deadpool movie much before any "whispers and rumors". Ditto for Channing Tatum voicing his interest in Gambit and Lauren Schuler Donner saying yes to him. The New Mutants was in development since 2015 and rumors surrounding Anya Taylor-Joy and Maisie Williams cast as Magik and Wolfsbane started circulating as early as March 2016. The rest of the spin-offs were greenlit thanks to the success of Deadpool and Logan. As simple as that ROFL

Reynolds had to beg them for a whole decade, and had to leak the test footage to get public interest before the studio finally gave him a tiny budget and a February release date. It was all on the creatives involved, not the studio, that the movie was made the way it was, and resonated with the masses as it did. As for Tatum's Gambit, obviously that has been a mess for years and years as well.

Fox has had nearly 20 years, and they have blown it. Now they are trying to scramble at the 11th hour to do some interesting things, but it is too little, too late, as New Mutants is finding out now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Reynolds had to beg them for a whole decade, and had to leak the test footage to get public interest before the studio finally gave him a tiny budget and a February release date. It was all on the creatives involved, not the studio, that the movie was made the way it was, and resonated with the masses as it did. As for Tatum's Gambit, obviously that has been a mess for years and years as well.

Fox has had nearly 20 years, and they have blown it. Now they are trying to scramble at the 11th hour to do some interesting things, but it is too little, too late, as New Mutants is finding out now.
    Well, two can play at that game. Marvel didn't make their own film making studio for almost 50 years. They blew it in the 90's by their dumb business practices and had to sell the movie rights to their top IP's to other companies to stay afloat. After Fox's Lauren Schuler Donner and yes, even Singer guiding Feige on superhero movie making, Perlmutter and he finally felt confident enough to start making their own films that the IP's that they had remaining.

Before you say the 90's blunder was not Perlmutter and Feige's fault, the same can be said for many Fox execs who weren't around in the 00's (not that Fox was doing shabbily back then with Avatar, Planet of the Apes, X1 and X2, Ice Age films and their Fox Searchlight division of awards films and critic darlings).

Fox employees just got unlucky there was an "nth hour" for them with Murdoch stabbing them in the backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Fox employees just got unlucky there was an "nth hour" for them with Murdoch stabbing them in the backs.
    That's what they get for trusting Murdoch in the first place.

BANNED

Well, two can play at that game. Marvel didn't make their own film making studio for almost 50 years. They blew it in the 90's by their dumb business practices and had to sell the movie rights to their top IP's to other companies to stay afloat. After Fox's Lauren Schuler Donner and yes, even Singer guiding Feige on superhero movie making, Perlmutter and he finally felt confident enough to start making their own films that the IP's that they had remaining.

Before you say the 90's blunder was not Perlmutter and Feige's fault, the same can be said for many Fox execs who weren't around in the 00's (not that Fox was doing shabbily back then with Avatar, Planet of the Apes, X1 and X2, Ice Age films and their Fox Searchlight division of awards films and critic darlings).

I think that Spider Man movies were much more important than Fox movies.
    fox can create good movies but they usually can't create good x-men movies (because for example they are not team movies or they weak with telling stories about x-men mythos).
    they are lucky
    New Mutants were terrible if they were postponed for 10 months.

I guess already discussed/posted in here, but Jeremy (previous IGN reporter) told yesterday or so that the word isnt true, Fox doesnt want to add more horror, its the opposite, they want the movie to be less dark and be a bit more entertaning, closer to Stranger things and the like. Horror, but still fun (with lighter moments). Confirmed by someone involved, btw

That's what they get for trusting Murdoch in the first place.
    Business is sleazy. There are no angels.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-13-2018 at 09:55 AM.

so are you an anti-MCU fan or not? Im a bit confuzzled

Business is sleazy. There are no angels.
    If it is so sleazy, why are you protesting Murdoch's sale ("Fox employees just got unlucky there was an "nth hour" for them with Murdoch stabbing them in the backs.")? Seems like business as usual in your estimation.

If it is so sleazy, why are you protesting Murdoch's sale ("Fox employees just got unlucky there was an "nth hour" for them with Murdoch stabbing them in the backs.")? Seems like business as usual in your estimation.
    I meant Hollywood's sleazy so you cannot afford to "boycott" working for studio heads unless you are... Steven Spielberg I guess? But nobody was expecting a near century old studio (that was still doing well too) to be sold off just to "set Junior up"!