Page 234 of 386 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5790
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    my point wasnt about skin colour, but about character development for these minority characters. Kingerg has already written three x-men movies.

How was his treatment of Storm if we take into account X3, Dofp and Apocalypse?
    what about his treatment of Jubilee in XMA? and Psylocke?
    what about Bishop 1 and done role? and 0 information about who he is?

that was my point. So since he's the main producer at Fox and has a creative imput in many x-movies (NM included), we shouldnt be surprised with certain decisions and casting decisions, where he has a say. A strong imput, actually.
    I remember Storm getting lots of cool moments in X3 and didn’t he also produced The Wolverine with its Japanese cast? He also produced Gifted.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-21-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Is she? Is movie Psylocke any of that? She certainly wasn't British....
    Probably not. One could speculate she’s hiding her Britishness for some reason behind a fake American accent, but that’s unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I remember Storm getting lots of cool moments in X3 and didn’t he also produced The Wolverine with its Japanese cast? He also produced Gifted.
    Oh, so suddenly all those decisions are thanks to him? lol
    I was specifically saying the movies he wrote, you know, where he had more creative control, because it was HIS script. and in those movies, the minorities had the worst roles.

The Gifted is Matt Nix's baby, he's an actual fan too. Boone is a fan too, but producers can boicot certain decisions.

Kinberg didnt write or direct The wolverine, so most creative decisions came from Mangold and writer, not Kinberg. Thats logic and common sense.

Producers have more control on casting and certain decisions, about cameos, tone and the like. So when we talk about Kinberg the creative, its about the movies he wrote, not the ones he produced next to a lot of other producers and showrunner (in case of The gifted and Legion).

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Oh, so suddenly all those decisions are thanks to him? lol
    I was specifically saying the movies he wrote, you know, where he had more creative control, because it was HIS script. and in those movies, the minorities had the worst roles.

The Gifted is Matt Nix's baby, he's an actual fan too. Boone is a fan too, but producers can boicot certain decisions.

Kinberg didnt write or direct The wolverine, so most creative decisions came from Mangold and writer, not Kinberg. Thats logic and common sense.

Producers have more control on casting and certain decisions, about cameos, tone and the like. So when we talk about Kinberg the creative, its about the movies he wrote, not the ones he produced next to a lot of other producers and showrunner (in case of The gifted and Legion).
    I assumed you were talking about him as producer since that is his only role on this film as far as I know.

yes, and in this case, he is controlling stuff and even deciding certain actors. Alicia Braga was his choice apparently.
    And he's now pushing certain things in the reshoots. Lets not forget that he's the producer with more power at Fox and the "go to" guy for them. Kinberg is saying "yes" and "no" to many things. Im really surprised Boone has stayed, I would be pissed as hell.

I am still mad that this got pushed back to next year, the trailer looks immense!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Now it is strange to have Cecilia Reyes IMO over Karma.
    For the role the character seems to play in the NEW MUTANTS story, it would have made more sense to revive a younger version of Dr Kavita Rao (played by Shoreh Agadashloo in X-MEN:THE LAST STAND) since she is a mutant researcher with shadowy intentions. Shoe-horning Reyes into the role, especially after losing the perfect casting of Rosario Dawson, is a weird cut and paste of the name on a character baring no resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    For the role the character seems to play in the NEW MUTANTS story, it would have made more sense to revive a younger version of Dr Kavita Rao (played by Shoreh Agadashloo in X-MEN:THE LAST STAND) since she is a mutant researcher with shadowy intentions. Shoe-horning Reyes into the role, especially after losing the perfect casting of Rosario Dawson, is a weird cut and paste of the name on a character baring no resemblance.

Lots of the
    Decisions regarding this movie seem weird. ikr a funhouse mirror..everything seems to be going in cool way that is both true to the siurve, Annd refreshing but then WHAM! delayed for 10 months....
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

very good #1 i love it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Really long delay for a movie that finished shooting.

Should just be released on Disney streaming service instead of theaters
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I’m over it. For a movie I have been so excited for, these delays have caused me to lose all interest in the film. Such a shame!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I’m over it. For a movie I have been so excited for, these delays have caused me to lose all interest in the film. Such a shame!
    Eh, be honest. A die hard like yourself is still gonna see it

Same with me, but I don't see casual fans looking at the delay too kindly

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

I thought she was black 616. foxmen loved white washing black and brown characters. gotta love the foxmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Now the New Mutants has been pushed back another 6 months to August 2nd. For a movie to get pushed back twice for nearly a year and half after showing a trailer just tells me that there was something really really wrong with this movie. You don't push that far back unless you have to reshoot and rewrite ALOT of the movie.

This movie was already pretty shaky in my eyes by the tone they were going for, but this just screams this movie is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought she was black 616. foxmen loved white washing black and brown characters. gotta love the foxmen.
    pretty sure she's South Asian Indian