Page 241 of 386 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 5790
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Shouldn't that have been the reason to cast a white actress. If her mutation made her whiter than white. It's not Deadshot from Suicide Squad, race is not significant to his physical traits. Domino's race was part of her mutation. Quite similar to the blue skin of Beast and Mystique
    I didn't hear any outrage when normally blue Negasonic Teenage Warhead was whitewashed...

This goes beyond racial discrimination/representation. Its comicbook arbitrary rules and physics. The castistings just didn't add up
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Oh, btw do you have a screenshot of that? I saw it on Twitter when everything popped off but I didn't get a chance to immortalize it. ://
    Bruh...
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-53-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-53-08.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    When I enter this thread to talk about the movie...

You should still talk dude.. what's New?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Shouldn't that have been the reason to cast a white actress. If her mutation made her whiter than white. It's not Deadshot from Suicide Squad, race is not significant to his physical traits. Domino's race was part of her mutation. Quite similar to the blue skin of Beast and Mystique
    Im not sure I know any real life blue people. The Smurf perhaps? Uh Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I didn't hear any outrage when normally blue Negasonic Teenage Warhead was whitewashed...
    I was pretty outraged.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who likes both black Domino and hispanic Sunspot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who likes both black Domino and hispanic Sunspot.
    I have no porblem with the Domino casting. I can see both sides to the argument on Sunspot, but I still question how many people of the "right" color actually SOUGHT OUT the role, and of those who did, how their auditions actually went.

Get your peanut butter outta my fudge lol
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

There's an actual condition called Argyria that causes the skin to turn blue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria These people exist and fans should complain and lobby for these real life mutants to play roles like Mystique/Nightcrawler/Beast/NegasonicTeenageWarhead let the outrage being /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    but I still question how many people of the "right" color actually SOUGHT OUT the role, and of those who did, how their auditions actually went.
    That's my position. It's a very narrow range and honestly goes against every single hiring practice re:discrimination for any other job.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    There's an actual condition called Argyria that causes the skin to turn blue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria These people exist and fans should complain and lobby for these real life mutants to play roles like Mystique/Nightcrawler/Beast/NegasonicTeenageWarhead let the outrage being

You can't be serious
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

FYI, Brazilians are not hispanic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    You can't be serious
    the "/s" which you left out of the quote

Is for sarcasm, so no I'm not serious...about the outrage anyway, but it's pretty much what people are arguing here....for a perfect lifelike version of a fictional character that hasn't been consistently drawn for 30 years by the same artist/colorist

the "/s" which you left out of the quote

Is for sarcasm, so no I'm not serious...about the outrage anyway, but it's pretty much what people are arguing here....for a perfect lifelike version of a fictional character that hasn't been consistently drawn for 30 years by the same artist/colorist
    Maybe he didn't think you'd be as transparent as to compare finding a Ginger/ Furry blue actor for accurate representation to ya know getting a black actor. 1 is infinitely easier to find than the other
    GrindrStone(D)

This goes beyond racial discrimination/representation. Its comicbook arbitrary rules and physics. The castistings just didn't add up

Bruh...
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-53-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-53-08.jpg

You should still talk dude.. what's New?

I was pretty outraged.
    THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I have no porblem with the Domino casting. I can see both sides to the argument on Sunspot, but I still question how many people of the "right" color actually SOUGHT OUT the role, and of those who did, how their auditions actually went.
    A casting call should also reflect the character. If so, then why was Henry Zaga even there to perform???

Can y'all stop trying to get out of something blatantly obvious? Like, is Boone cutting you guys a check or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Under the commonly accepted definition of Hispanic in the U.S., yes, all Brazilians could be considered Hispanic. Brazilians' culture, sub-cultures and people of those cultures are as much of a Creole as the U.S. are. However, if you want to be linguistically strict, then you could choose to call Brazilian people a Latin people due to the Portuguese.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I know, I was trying to summon Hi-Fi.

BANNED

Maybe he didn't think you'd be as transparent as to compare finding a Ginger/ Furry blue actor for accurate representation to ya know getting a black actor. 1 is infinitely easier to find than the other
    Apparently not as easy as you'd think. Not ONE person arguing against Zaga has offered up other options. "Fans" will always bitch and complain about how an actor doesn't look the part. Even with something like "Get out" people complained that Daniel Kaluuya was cast instead of an American black actor.

People will argue for the sake of arguing.

I know, I was trying to summon Hi-Fi.
    Did you try sacrificing a New Xman? or saying their name 5x in a mirror in the dark?

Apparently not as easy as you'd think. Not ONE person arguing against Zaga has offered up other options. "Fans" will always bitch and complain about how an actor doesn't look the part. Even with something like "Get out" people complained that Daniel Kaluuya was cast instead of an American black actor.

People will argue for the sake of arguing.

They really will.

Stiiiiill gonna go with My belief finding a black actor is easier than a blue one. Can we at least agree on that
    GrindrStone(D)