Page 252 of 386 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5790
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The movie's just never going to come out. Which is why someone leaked a rough cut on Youtube.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    That certainly isn't what I expected it to be, but good on them. Now I really hope it gets a theatrical release, even though it's not hard to find online.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

If the rumors about reshoots to put X-23 on it were real, I'm glad they didn't happen.

I always thought it was to add Warlock. I guess that was just speculation since they had always said people reacted well to the scary bits and wanted to up the horror elements. Bringing in Lock would have allowed for that in the "unknown frightening alien presence" they'd spend time running from but that would turn out to be a helping factor against the Bear in the end.

But yes, I'll be happy to have a reshootless version regardless what rumor was true.

I heard it was to bring Josh Brolin into a few scenes as Cable.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

http://collider.com/new-mutants-hulu-disney-release/

Option 1: Release New Mutants, as is, into theaters, and hope for the best. I totally understand why Disney may not want to sink a ton of marketing dollars into this film, since they didn’t make it and have no real creative attachment to the film. Having said that, New Mutants wasn’t terribly expensive, so Disney wouldn’t necessarily have to do that to recoup costs. They could simply cut their losses and dump it over Labor Day weekend, one of the slowest weekends at the box office, to be sure, but one that would nonetheless fulfill certain contractual obligations regarding a theatrical release. See, I’m told a streaming release would require Boone and the cast to amend their contracts and sign off on a new deal, and to my knowledge, that option has not been presented to any of them… at least not yet, anyway. However, I imagine they’d all be happy to amend their deals to accommodate a streaming release, if only to finally put the project behind them and move on with the rest of their careers.

Option 2: Release New Mutants, as is, on Hulu. Disney owns 60% of Hulu, which best I can tell, has never had a name-brand film debut on its platform. New Mutants could potentially drive new subscriptions from movie fans who have never really had much of a reason to subscribe to the streaming service. It’s still unclear how Disney plans to use Hulu compared to its fully-owned upcoming service Disney+, but if Hulu becomes Disney’s preferred destination for edgier, more adult fare like, say, the Alien/Predator/Die Hard franchises — or cast-offs it doesn’t want associated with the Disney brand — then Hulu makes a lot of sense for New Mutants.

Option 3: Release New Mutants, as is, on Disney+. I just said that the X-Men spinoff could drive new subscriptions for Hulu, but it could also do the same for Disney+, though I imagine most people will subscribe to the latter because of the Star Wars series The Mandalorian, several new Marvel series and its endless library of animated films and TV shows. Still, with all due respect to the Anna Kendrick–Bill Hader Christmas movie Noelle, I don’t think that film is going to move the needle much for Disney+, which could make a major splash if it was the only place you could find New Mutants. I just think it’s a matter of whether all the X-Men movies will live alongside their proper MCU counterparts on the Disney+ platform, or whether they’ll be banished to Hulu like relics of another time.

Option 4: Don’t release New Mutants at all. Ever. This possibility seems very unlikely to me. If the Disney-Fox merger never happened, I’d say this would be impossible. There’s no way Fox would just eat tens of millions of dollars. But Disney? Well, they actually could… and who knows, they actually might! Maybe they just want to wipe the X-Men slate clean for Kevin Feige after Dark Phoenix hits theaters in June. But I doubt it. It’s just not a good look in terms of talent relations. Hundreds and hundreds of people worked on New Mutants and that work deserves to be seen. It’s not like the film is supposed to be some uber-embarrassment. Boone’s first cut scored higher with test audiences than the first cut of Dark Phoenix did. It’s just that Dark Phoenix, with its mega-budget and A-list stars, was a higher priority for Fox, and so the studio’s resources were spent fixing that summer blockbuster rather than the lower-budget genre film full of young stars. I’d give this option better odds if Fox hadn’t released that first (and only) trailer back in October 2017. If that had never been released, I could see Disney sweeping New Mutants under the rug and forgetting it ever existed, but a trailer is a promise of sorts to the audience, and promises are meant to be kept, even if they’re hard.

Option 5: Spend the money to fix New Mutants and go from there. Forget about distribution for a second. Is the film salvageable? My sources say yes, it is, particularly given its budget and built-in fanbase. This isn’t a Fantastic Four-type situation. Boone was simply never given a chance to do the reshoots Fox wanted, but if Disney were to dip into its future Endgame profits and spend another $5 million or $10 million to “fix” New Mutants, wouldn’t that be worth it? It seems like a small price to pay given the potential upside, and I mean that in terms of both box office and new subscribers to Hulu or Disney+. It’s not like New Mutants is destined to fade away into obscurity. Based on how often we’re asked about it here at Collider, I’d peg this film for an opening weekend of at least $20 million. Sure, scheduling could be tricky, particularly with Taylor-Joy working non-stop and Boone moving on to The Stand at CBS All Access, but with an extra week or two of shooting and a bump in the VFX budget, New Mutants could probably wind up being better than half the X-Men movies. People are hungry for alternate takes on the comic book movie genre and based on that trailer, New Mutants looks like an interesting deviation from most superhero origin stories. Boone has never been fired from the project, so I hope Disney gives him a chance to complete his movie, but even if the studio ends up bringing in another director, I think the actors — and especially the fans — deserve to see this film finished.

Thanks Maestroneto, this is a well thought out synopsis. I do think Option 5 could indeed happen, esp if it allows them to introduce these particular mutants into the MCU by slapping a Stark logo here or a reference to Dr Strange in there. Not to mention an after credits scene of the "new" Xavier walking in to the "hospital" with Cap on his arm or something offering the kids a place at the "new" school.

Otherwise #2 is my second favorite option.

can i get uhhhhhhhhhhh number 5 with uhhhhhhhh vanilla frosty?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Option 4.... Only the Magik & Wolfsbane characters were well cast. Wouldn't want these guys in the MCU
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Option 4.... Only the Magik & Wolfsbane characters were well cast. Wouldn't want these guys in the MCU
    IMO they'll probably will release but it will be as is with all references to the X-Men if there are any edited out and sent to Hulu to fade away while they reboot the franchise in the MCU.

Yeah, no. No way Disney brings this over to the MCU. Stream it like a random B-move or just bury it. The New Mutants deserve better than some slapped together Frankenstein of a movie, and yeah, I never liked the casting of Roberto or Cece from jump, let alone Cannonball and Moonstar. The MCU could do much better job down the road if they want to do a New Mutants show/film series for real.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Kinda agree, it’s not really worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    can i get uhhhhhhhhhhh number 5 with uhhhhhhhh vanilla frosty?
    Vanilla frosty? You monster!

Is the movie in more or less it's current state that bad? I'll admit it's been delayed so much that I haven't really read into what preview audiences have thought of it, but are the re-shoots even necessary? Are they to "save" the movie or to only shift some things? They obviously already have a movie that's more or less finished, and has been for a while. I'd rather they just make a final edit of what they have, and let people who want to see the movie just see it. I'd prefer theatrically if only for the fact that it's unknown if I could see it legitimately through whatever streaming service they choose to use.

In no way do I care if it connects to the MCU or not. Like most X-Men films they function better in relative isolation.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is hard to say just how bad or not bad it is at this point. Some people say the test screening were fine and Boone just wanted to make it scarier. Others say the test screening were a total disaster and the movie was a total mess. Going by the massive delays and how quite they have been about the movie for so long I am leaning towards the "total disaster" option, but who can really say. This movie was originally supposed to come nearly a full year ago now and we still have 5 months to go even now before its supposed release date.

Yeah, if it really wasn't that bad, why didn't it come out last April? Why not release it since then?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, if it really wasn't that bad, why didn't it come out last April? Why not release it since then?

This is my problem with the whole thing... both these movies should have been either cancelled or released by now. They are dragging this universe out for nothing.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.