Page 253 of 386 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    This is my problem with the whole thing... both these movies should have been either cancelled or released by now. They are dragging this universe out for nothing.
    I really wish Disney would just cancel them both. That way the MCU can actually do a real, slow build over many movies Phoenix-Dark Phoenix saga, and if they decide to use the NM, they can use them in their proper context as a replacement for the missing X-Men(I would love to see the Brood Saga on screen, and evil Brood Queen-Xavier collecting the NM and all that).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If the movie gets pushed to cable, I hope that it can continue as a horror-based TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, no. No way Disney brings this over to the MCU. Stream it like a random B-move or just bury it. The New Mutants deserve better than some slapped together Frankenstein of a movie, and yeah, I never liked the casting of Roberto or Cece from jump, let alone Cannonball and Moonstar. The MCU could do much better job down the road if they want to do a New Mutants show/film series for real.
    I know we have to see her performance as Magik first but I really want Anya Taylor Joy as Magik in a MCU movie

I'm not attached to her at all. Besides, this cast is already getting a bit old for teenaged characters. I'd prefer to see the MCU cast 18-25ish actors for their original X-Men(portrayed as old high school/young college kids), and not approach the New Mutants or any other younger mutants for a solid 3/5 movies, so like at least 5-10 years(aging in real-time). And I think it would be great to cast the various characters accurately, with regards to nationality/ethnicity. It would be great to see a real Russian girl get the Magik role when it's time(though I'd be sooo down for a young Illyana cameo if they use Piotr in the original lineup. Like baby polinka Illyana about 4-5 years old).

It’s going to be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It’s going to be amazing!
    the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    the movie?
    Nah the Documentary one day spilling all the tea in this train wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Now that I would watch excitedly....streaming at home!

BANNED

This seems like a thing that happens when your movie universe is figured out by imbeciles spit-balling ideas.

So....Fox-Men

Ultimate Member

That'd be rather boring, I'd think. It's not the antics of the actors or directors screwing this thing up, it's the people in the board room who can't make up their damn minds

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That'd be rather boring, I'd think. It's not the antics of the actors or directors screwing this thing up, it's the people in the board room who can't make up their damn minds
    uh I doubt it any decision with millions of dollars sunk into it has to be dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Are you kidding? Death of Superman Lives is great and all it is is the story of Producers, Writers, and Studios Executives making bad decisions. I'd love to see one on New Mutants and the fact this got push backed a year before the Disney deal was final tells me Disney was just the final nail in the coffin but there were a lot more going on.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-31-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Now that I would watch excitedly....streaming at home!
    Honestly, I would too. This movie has a lot of mystery behind it. That usually means there's a bigger story going on behind the scenes. It would certainly be interesting to know some of that story. Chances are we won't all the messy details until years later.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

I can understand the predicament Disney is in. Obviously, these films were made under the assumption that Fox would remain an independent entity. But, with the merger a done deal, Marvel/Disney are stuck with two films that are pretty much complete. However, they don't want to really release them as they clearly have plans for the X-Men franchise moving forward and they don't want these films spoiling that or having a negative impact.

I honestly feel that New Mutants can easily be retooled to fit into the larger MCU. We have a fresh cast who haven't been featured in other X-films and the characters are being introduced for the first time. The ship has already sailed with regards to Dark Phoenix. The trouble with this one is that, if they do finally release it, it pretty much means that storyline is rendered "off-limits" for a MCU adaptation.

In the end, I think it is best for them to just dump them out in the public domain. Streaming might be an option, but they might be better off doing it direct to video/dvd and recoup some money from them. Otherwise they run the risk of losing big money with these films. Don't see the shareholders/stakeholders being amused when the end of financial years reports come out and there are two big money pits named Dark Phoenix and New Mutants there.

But the money was already spent, by Fox. Acquiring their assets for [71] billions, 200 or 250 million isn't really much to write home about. I'd scrub them both, if it were me. Both films were supposed to have been release LAST year, well before the deal was done. It's within Disney's prerogative to do with the IP what they deem best. It looks like DP is gonna happen(which does suck because that is such a seminal story and the Fox version, from what has been reveled so far, is just soooo far off again), but let's be real, this 'grounded' horror take on the NM is no where near compatible with the rest of the MCU. I think both films would do more harm financially to the brand(particularly in lost revenue from a proper DPS) than good.