Page 254 of 386 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Honestly, I would too. This movie has a lot of mystery behind it. That usually means there's a bigger story going on behind the scenes. It would certainly be interesting to know some of that story. Chances are we won't all the messy details until years later.
    We already know the some of the messy details ,The director want to make a horror movie,Fox want to make Young adult movie, The director agreed to make more of a young adult movie. The film got finished and screened it was mostly trash fire but key notes was the horror elements was good. So they pulled film to reshoot it with more of a horror feel like the director intended. In waiting for the reshoots the Marvel deal started to happen and seem like executives don't have clue what to do or put couldn't put it into action because Disney would be in charge by then. The plan looks changed over and over. Reshoots ,Maybe releasing as is,To releasing it on Hulu, Disney plus etc. The basic understanding if they are going to put on Hulu or Disney aren't going to waste money reshooting it. So it is just a mess of dump more money in to fix it, Just release it take what you get from it or bury it in a hole.

My opinion is that they know they shouldn't release but they already invested money into it,So they are going to trying to get some money made out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

I honestly feel that New Mutants can easily be retooled to fit into the larger MCU. We have a fresh cast who haven't been featured in other X-films and the characters are being introduced for the first time. The ship has already sailed with regards to Dark Phoenix. The trouble with this one is that, if they do finally release it, it pretty much means that storyline is rendered "off-limits" for a MCU adaptation.
    why? Fox did 2 Dark Phoenix movies

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    why? Fox did 2 Dark Phoenix movies
    All the more reason for Disney-MCU to skip it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    All the more reason for Disney-MCU to skip it.
    True but only one New Mutants movie has been attempted lol

The movie is being re-adapted into a Tv Series with Kinberg, Boone and Feige involved

http://x-menfilms.com/blog/2019/04/0...vision-series/

EDIT: Yes, this is an April Fools
    Last edited by HaydnC95; 04-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    The movie is being re-adapted into a Tv Series with Kinberg, Boone and Feige involved

You sure that's not just April Fools?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We already know the some of the messy details ,The director want to make a horror movie,Fox want to make Young adult movie, The director agreed to make more of a young adult movie. The film got finished and screened it was mostly trash fire but key notes was the horror elements was good. So they pulled film to reshoot it with more of a horror feel like the director intended. In waiting for the reshoots the Marvel deal started to happen and seem like executives don't have clue what to do or put couldn't put it into action because Disney would be in charge by then. The plan looks changed over and over. Reshoots ,Maybe releasing as is,To releasing it on Hulu, Disney plus etc. The basic understanding if they are going to put on Hulu or Disney aren't going to waste money reshooting it. So it is just a mess of dump more money in to fix it, Just release it take what you get from it or bury it in a hole.

My opinion is that they know they shouldn't release but they already invested money into it,So they are going to trying to get some money made out of it
    It didn't test like a trash fire and Boone said he wanted to do a YA movie from the start (literally why he was hired since he made The Fault in Our Stars, which was a huge success). The executives wanted to cash in after It did reall well and demanded more horrror.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post

EDIT: Yes, this is an April Fools
    ugh thank whichever God you want!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It didn't test like a trash fire and Boone said he wanted to do a YA movie from the start (literally why he was hired since he made The Fault in Our Stars, which was a huge success). The executives wanted to cash in after It did reall well and demanded more horrror.
    I thought it was because he was suuuuuch a fan

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I thought it was because he was suuuuuch a fan
    It can be both, you know.

But, success talks louder than fandom in the board room.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It can be both, you know.

But, success talks louder than fandom in the board room.
    fandom should 'speak' for itself

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

fandom should 'speak' for itself
    Nah. Expertise has value. We can't be giving books, films, and the like to randos on Internet comic book message boards (for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Nah. Expertise has value. We can't be giving books, films, and the like to randos on Internet comic book message boards (for example).
    most of us have seen movies made by the "experts" and my "biggest fans" I can't recall every movie in each category buuuuut I'd Wager the ones from fans were generally better. I'm not here to debate that tho. I'm having serious doubts Boone even knew who the goddam New Mutants were before he started shooting

I don't understand how a 'fan' of the original New Mutants run could cast someone who isn't black for Roberto, or insert Cece into a villainous mad scientist role(and also not black), or make Rahne and Dani lovers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't understand how a 'fan' of the original New Mutants run could cast someone who isn't black for Roberto, or insert Cece into a villainous mad scientist role(and also not black), or make Rahne and Dani lovers.
    Guuuuurl I'm glad you said it

Guuuuurl I'm glad you said it

I love when people say it!