Page 273 of 386 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    It sounds like they are going back to the original concept before Fox turned it into a YA horror nonsense and rewrote the script.

Honestly, I thought it was stupid idea and the only reason I now care and want this to be huge is due to all the issues Maisie Williams is having booking roles. She's said in interviews given up the idea of having a film career and maybe even acting because she just doesn't have the body type and doesn't want to do the required promoting herself (y'know, like dating a Jonas brother and putting her life on social media like Sophie Turner). So, New Mutants need to be successful.
    soooo she can get richer? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    why would it matter if it's on Hulu or in theaters?
    Sure it doesn't matter. Better release in any way.

With the money disney lost on Dark Phoenix, i'm not sure there will be reshoots or even theatrical release to new mutants

If she want big roles for franchises. Mnay actors do prestige tv shows or indie movies that requires less PR and work promoting.

she gonna win a lot of money from comic cons because of GOT

Maisie's actually has launched a tech startup and app that has raised quite a bit from venture capitalists. She'll be fine. She's also producing movies, I wouldn't be surprised if she goes behind the camera. She did an awesome TedTalk a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTYOpfGvlwc

My issue is that a very talented actress is losing roles due Hollywood standards of beauty and what some studios want expect actresses to do in terms of making their lives very public due to the false belief that actually promotes movies. Sophie being cast as Jean (over likely Saoirse Ronan) due to number of Instagram followers wasn't just about social media presence. It's about willingness to do the "celebrity thing" and appear in public, do staged paparazzi shots, since being in People or Daily Mail is seen as just as important as good reviews.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 06-26-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Maisie's actually has launched a tech startup and app that has raised quite a bit from venture capitalists. She'll be fine. She's also producing movies, I wouldn't be surprised if she goes behind the camera. She did an awesome TedTalk a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTYOpfGvlwc

My issue is that a very talented actress is losing roles due Hollywood standards of beauty and what some studios want expect actresses to do in terms of making their lives very public due to the false belief that actually promotes movies. Sophie being cast as Jean (over likely Saoirse Ronan) due to number of Instagram followers wasn't just about social media presence. It's about willingness to do the "celebrity thing" and appear in public, do staged paparazzi shots, since being in People or Daily Mail is seen as just as important as good reviews.
    Well that's part of being a celebrity lol you can't be on sports team and not come to practice

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are they still reshooting this mess?
    So it can be the best version if itself possible? Also, we don't know if its going to be a mess yet, since we haven't seen it yet.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So it can be the best version if itself possible? Also, we don't know if its going to be a mess yet, since we haven't seen it yet.
    Nah bruh it started out as trash
    gonna end as dirty Brown water trash

if some of you guys don't get the reference from Comedy Central showWorkaholics
    1561746026725.jpg
    lol
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-28-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The fact that it isnt out and is still be reshoot implies that its been a mess. Maybe it'll get better but I doubt that its been shaping up to be amazing

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I can not support this movie and it goes deeper than source material.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I can not support this movie and it goes deeper than source material.
    My, my, my, how the tides have turned.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

why would it matter if it's on Hulu or in theaters?
    Hulu is cheaper.

Also to show it in a theater-they have to KNOW it's coming out so that they can pick which and how many screens to show it. Most theaters get to place bids on a movie ahead of it coming out.

It's why you don't see certain films at some theaters versus others.

Take Dear White People & Moonlight-they only showed in my city in majority WHITE communities. When Moonlight got Oscar nods-a lot of black folks were shocked to hear about it.

Or with Get Out-it was suppose to be removed from most of the theaters in my city after its opening weekend. When it was a hit all that changed and it stayed at the expense of another movie.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

It's why you don't see certain films at some theaters versus others.

Take Dear White People & Moonlight-they only showed in my city in majority WHITE communities. When Moonlight got Oscar nods-a lot of black folks were shocked to hear about it.

Or with Get Out-it was suppose to be removed from most of the theaters in my city after its opening weekend. When it was a hit all that changed and it stayed at the expense of another movie.
    Don't want another revolt.. lol

but I was asking why would it matter yo the audience/consumer

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    My, my, my, how the tides have turned.
    It’s not new. I’ve saying it for over a year.

Kevin Feige mentioned the New Mutants movie at the end of the MCU Panel as one of the upcoming releases:

Feige also mentioned #FantasticFour #NewMutants #BlackPanther2 #Guardians3 and #CaptainMarvel2 #MarvelSDCC

https://twitter.com/joblocom/status/1152756549275701248

No confirmation that it is part of the MCU, and Dr Strange 2 was promoted earlier in the panel as the first MCU horror movie.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 07-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Marvel confirmed x-men film in developmenr

God i hope its a good one