Page 286 of 386 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Things were so great from Fox remember the classic Fantastic Four movies they put 1,2 and Fan4, Remember the classic that were Elektra and Daredevil. Remember X-3, X-men Apocalypse and X-men Dark Phoenix. Remember Wolverine Origins and how they screwed Wolverine 2 ending by trying make it big summer blockbuster ending. Remember when instead of focus on Cyclops,Storm,Nightcrawler,Colossus and X-men we care about they focus Mystique, Xavier and Magneto because the big name actors where in those parts. Remember how they keep screwing X-men continuity for no reason whatsoever. Remember that they keep shoving meaningful characters into movies for no reason like Jubilee, Selene, Multiple Man, Black Tom, Shatterstar, Psylocke and Callisto in (X3). Remember that time they sewed Deadpool mouth shut . Remember that they killed Darwin a mutant whose power prevents him from dying. Remember when they focus on Wolverine so much that some fans now don't want to see the most popular and well know X-man. No doubt Fox had some good movies but people seem to have selective memory of things.

Anyways I hope New Mutants is good because in spite of some terrible casting(imo) a couple of characters are really good casting like Wolfsbane and Magik.
    AbnormallyNormal post seem to be talking about the less of two wrongs. You do know, Disney has committed the same wrongs and more? but this is not the topic for this thread. you do also know when fox on several occasions did the right thing, it did show the limitations of Disney and that is going to now be test and standard for any xmen movie including new mutants. A standard Disney is going to find it impossible to meet.

We are even lucky, fox tried to make a new mutants movie that wanted to be faithful to the source material of horror, considering Disney, which is indeed cookie cutter just announced due to their definition of pg 13, Dr strange can't be a real horror movie.

https://gritdaily.com/doctor%E2%80%8...-horror-movie/
    ‘Doctor​ Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ is Not a Horror Movie

Would be interesting to see if Disney did indeed keep all the actual horror element from new mutants as they are saying as I find it unbelievable that they would.

https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-m...ginal-version/
    New Mutants Movie Will Be Director’s Original Version

New mutants existing alone is problematic to their new studio owners.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-01-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    What are you talking about?
    I think he maybe talking about the latest news that Dr Strange is not horror when it should be like new mutants.We are so far of the source material at this point with this movie, which I had no clue is about costuming ?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Never underestimate the power of contracts. Seriously, fans can clamor on the internet all they want, but contracts are basically carved in stone.
    Contracts can be indeed a powerful thing. you are basically put in chains and it sucks. Disney where maybe contracted to still release the film when they bought fox buts it been 4 years. either way, I am still curious to see how this movie is going to turn out because Joker actually has already done it though new mutants started the race first. and to be honest, movies like Joker are now the real future for comic movies. a shame new mutants was not there to lay the foundation.

If any marvel series was going to rival films like joker based on the story telling, drama and content, which is the only way to measure a good xmen movie, it would have been New mutants and X-force.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-01-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    AbnormallyNormal post seem to be talking about the less of two wrongs. You do know, Disney has committed the same wrongs and more? but this is not the topic for this thread. you do also know when fox on several occasions did the right thing, it did show the limitations of Disney and that is going to now be test and standard for any xmen movie including new mutants. A standard Disney is never going to meet.
    You want to beat this dead horse again. I keep simple for you and others I will pick consistently "mediocre" for 23 films and knowledge that films are going to be made and plot threads that show up will get to resolved because will get made because they always make a profit over the "highs" Fox because the "lows" of Fox kill franchises. The last FF movie was so bad they couldn't make a sequel, Wolverine Origin was so bad ,That Deadpool got canceled until Ryan Reynolds leak the test footage. X3 was so bad that they had to reboot the franchise, Daredevil and Elektra where so bad that they went nah lets Marvel have back the franchise. Say whatever you want about Marvel ,They don't make movies bad enough to kill franchises. Ask FF what they think of Fox and not knowing if they would ever see another FF movie again. Save your complaints we know we are getting in Marvel and we are happy. Give me some lots CGI stupid big action and comedy filled FUN X-men movies. I read different style of comics I love Marauders and I love X-force both of them are good. X-force is dark and serious, Marauders is light and fun both are X-men books. Sucks for you guys who only enjoy one style of thing but some of us like different things.

Now back on topic Dark Phoenix was bad enough to where Marvel didn't want to release this film. I am happy it is getting shot in the theaters, I hope it does good because having two franchise in the X-universe relieves pressure of the X-men movie and allows them focus a little more on the classic characters. In a perfect world we have X-men, New mutants and X-force in play at Marvel.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-01-2020 at 05:13 AM.

You want to beat this dead horse again. I keep simple for you and others I will pick consistently "mediocre" for 23 films and knowledge that films are going to be made and plot threads that show up will get to resolved because will get made because they always make a profit over the "highs" Fox because the "lows" of Fox kill franchises.
    New mutants is not comparable to any Disney movie. New mutants is only comparable to the source material and the live adaption of FX Legion or loosely DOFP and X2 because those adaptation are both written by the legendary Chris Claremont that also wrote the demon bear saga that new mutants is based loosely off and we already know his standard.

I don't think passionate fans care about profit either. they care more about the story of the comics been put on screen well. cookie cutter and new mutants should not be in the same sentence.

he last FF movie was so bad they couldn't make a sequel, Wolverine Origin was so bad ,That Deadpool got canceled until Ryan Reynolds leak the test footage. X3 was so bad that they had to reboot the franchise, Daredevil and Elektra where so bad that they went nah lets Marvel have back the franchise. Say whatever you want about Marvel ,They don't make movies bad enough to kill franchises. Ask FF what they think of Fox and not knowing if they would ever see another FF movie again. Save your complaints we know we are getting in Marvel and we are happy.
    No offence, but this is not related to New Mutants. I also don't think we will be happy if it turns out that new mutants was made cookie cutter at the last minute because of studio story telling limitation.

ow back on topic Dark Phoenix was bad enough to where Marvel didn't want to release this film. I am happy it is getting shot in the theaters, I hope it does good because having two franchise in the X-universe relieves pressure of the X-men movie and allows them focus a little more on the classic characters.
    I think we all knew dark phoenix would suck, I can blame fox for that as much as I can praise fox for logan but since I care more about film making when xmen is concerned as that is how the series was driven by, I blame Kinberg. Who from what I have seen, does not have any talent compared to the director of new mutants that was pretty good at story telling and making vulnerable teenagers relatable aka the fault of our stars.

In a perfect world we have X-men, New mutants and X-force in play at Marvel.
    in a perfect world, New mutants should and still be the horror saga from the comics. it should also get its deserved horror trilogy but Disney is now only releasing this movie because they are perhaps bound by contract to do so and not because they like the idea of making a horror movie with teenagers, so its still a loss for fans and the comic book genre.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-01-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Didn't the report say it was the original version not the one FOX themselves demanded to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    New mutants is not comparable to any Disney movie.
    Blah Blah Blah same dead horse being beaten. All Marvel movies= Bad, All Fox movie = Good except you know all Fox aren't good but choose to give them benefit of doubt ignoring the bad(and they are crap ton of bad stuff) while not giving the benefit of the doubt to Marvel movies to make good movies. Anyways moving along personal preference ,You can like what you like and that is fine. Now I am going to my best not to respond any more of your post because it eventually leads to me talking about the person who is making the post. I am not trying to be banned.

Anyways again on topic I am happy that this movie is actually going to release in theaters, I thought after the Dark Phoenix mess this going to be Hulu bound or not even release at all. It is going to be interesting to see how much this movie clearly ties in MCU or how much they mention mutants or specific stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Didn't the report say it was the original version not the one FOX themselves demanded to be made.
    Josh Boone said on twitter its the authentic version but who knows if he is telling the truth. We would find out soon enough when the second trailer is released. if the second trailer fails to match the tone and style of the first trailer, that is the prove we would know its no longer the original version. Look out for things like a change in cinematography, New action set pieces , jokes or the mutants kids looking more happy in what is supposed to be an Asylum for the insane.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-01-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Mighty Member

I will pass on this New Mutants movie, it does look a bit boring. I would have preferred an origin story of Magik or the fight with the Hellions.

I read different style of comics I love Marauders and I love X-force both of them are good. X-force is dark and serious, Marauders is light and fun both are X-men books. Sucks for you guys who only enjoy one style of thing but some of us like different things.
    Yeah, I've seen X-Men comics that were serious dramas and do adventures that were a perfect fit in tone to the MCU movies. The franchise can do both.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The trailer made me think this might be a decent movie. Nice Soul Sword sequence. They're definitely playing up Illyana as the badass.

BANNED

We got Soul Sword. I guess they're making it directly part of Yana's mutation?

It was dope!!!!! I liked it

Trailer 2! It only took two years to get the second trailer!

Wow. That looked pretty good.

Illyana and Sunspot doesnt look like Human Torch anymore.

Can't wait to support this.