Page 289 of 386 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 5790

Why did they have to do Cecelia so dirty?

Otherwise it looks fine.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why did they have to do Cecelia so dirty?

Otherwise it looks fine.
    Yeah I'm perplexed not just by the casting issue but also her role. Is she the villain...? I can't tell but maybe
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Told y誕ll! I知 proud that I致e never given up on this movie. Brilliant! Perfect casting!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm purposely NOT looking at the new trailer. I want my viewing experience in the movie theatre to be as new and surprising as possible.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

wow, the trailer was actually pretty good, I love how badass Magik is! And I really excited to see the soul sword!
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Told y’all! I’m proud that I’ve never given up on this movie. Brilliant! Perfect casting!

How is it perfect casting when they whitewashed Roberto and Cecilia? The trailer looks okay other than that but I can't get past it. I'll wait for it to show up on whatever streaming service or have someone else buy me a ticket. Illyana does look and sound cool.

I値l just say this one more time. Henry Zaga and Alice Braga are not white. They may not be dark enough for your liking but they are not white. They are POC. I知 tired of this they are white nonsense. They are not white.

I値l just say this one more time. Henry Zaga and Alice Braga are not white. They may not be dark enough for your liking but they are not white. They are POC. I知 tired of this they are white nonsense. They are not white.
    Henry zaga is white. Alice Braga pass as white and Brazil and not black/spanish latin

I’ll just say this one more time. Henry Zaga and Alice Braga are not white. They may not be dark enough for your liking but they are not white. They are POC. I’m tired of this they are white nonsense. They are not white.
    I'm brazilian. They are white.

Anyway, this looks alright. I guess the rumour that Dani and Rahne are couple in the film could really be true?

Amazing Member

I’ll just say this one more time. Henry Zaga and Alice Braga are not white. They may not be dark enough for your liking but they are not white. They are POC. I’m tired of this they are white nonsense. They are not white.
    agreed
    until anyone here is going to pony up the money it takes to make their own movie you get what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Well its not necessarily a Disney movie. Disney just said last week, they can't make a horror film. new mutants is a left over movie from fox that landed in Disney lap. it was fox that pushed the enveloped, Why I always said despite how Fox never had much of brain when it came to x-men, I still preferred them to keep the xmen IP over Disney as fox could fully embrace the real nature of the xmen universe if they got their brains together, while Disney cant on any circumstance.

If you have noticed in the last 4 years or so, there has been one superhero movie that declares itself as the answer or the antidote to the common formula we have now.

2016 was Deadpool
    2017 was Logan
    2018 Into the Spiderverse
    2019 was Joker.

Kinberg is not really involved with this film, so New Mutants does have a chance to be the poster kid for different type of comic movie that does not make you think of fun theme parks rides only.
    I don't consider Logan nor Joker good movies or superhero movies. They are just concepts (western, mental illness) that they put a comic book paint to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    No offence but that is the least interesting thing about the film.
    For you it isn't , For me I am interested Disney is really using this movie to introduce mutants to MCU and if the movie can be use as hints how to plan to implement the rest mutants.

Trailer look okay but it is far more interesting if mutants are current phenomenon or they was always around. Yes the most interesting piece of information is yes they are letting them play in MCU. Everything from how likely is sequel to how old the X-men are going to be to Colossus is more likely to be used. Comes from that small piece of information. I care more about this movie if it is the first introduction to Marvel mutants.

Learn the difference between race and ethnicity. They are both white Latinos. White-passing mestizos if you must, but their characters are not that, and considering both the history and present of media racism (against Afro-Latinos in Latin media, and Blacks more generally in Hollywood) people do not have to be quiet about their annoyance that Afro-Latino characters have been whitewashed for film. You don't care? Fine, move on.

Why bc they are Brazilian? Brazilians can be Caucasian. Regardless the casting of them as Cecilia and Roberto is not perfect. I guess Henry is reflective of the lightening that Marvel has done in the books over the past decade but Cecilia has always been drawn and portrayed as an Afro-latina in the books. Alice is not

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Learn the difference between race and ethnicity. They are both white Latinos. White-passing mestizos if you must, but their characters are not that, and considering both the history and present of media racism (against Afro-Latinos in Latin media, and Blacks more generally in Hollywood) people do not have to be quiet about their annoyance that Afro-Latino characters have been whitewashed for film. You don't care? Fine, move on.
    Yes to all of this

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

*Begs for voluntary moratorium on posts about the race of cast in this film in this thread*
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY