Page 290 of 386 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    *Begs for voluntary moratorium on posts about the race of cast in this film in this thread*
    I get that some of the arguments just get repeated, but I absolutely think it's worth discussing. Whitewashing and colorism are still huge problems in both Hollywood and comics, and this movie having two examples (plus ignoring Karma) is definitely a point of discussion for the film. Discussing problems makes people more aware of them, and awareness is a step toward moving away from ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    For you it isn't , For me I am interested Disney is really using this movie to introduce mutants to MCU and if the movie can be use as hints how to plan to implement the rest mutants.
    its the least interesting part because the story has nothing to do with other marvel characters, even the main x-men were not really featured with the new mutants until later books.

Trailer look okay but it is far more interesting if mutants are current phenomenon or they was always around. Yes the most interesting piece of information is yes they are letting them play in MCU. .
    No, because this movie is lossley based on the demon bear saga. the theme of being a mutant in that story is very different from mutants as current phenomenons, no MCU stuff is necessary at all. what will make it interesting is if they do a Claremont classic tale justice on screen.

I hope Todd Philips helps to explain why even without the source material a film is trying to somewhat follow, you don't need any link to other things to be interesting even if it is in your own stand alone universe.

https://screenrant.com/joker-movie-s...todd-phillips/
    Joker Movie Success NOT Due To Batman, Says Director
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-06-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I get that some of the arguments just get repeated, but I absolutely think it's worth discussing. Whitewashing and colorism are still huge problems in both Hollywood and comics, and this movie having two examples (plus ignoring Karma) is definitely a point of discussion for the film. Discussing problems makes people more aware of them, and awareness is a step toward moving away from ignorance.
    I feel you I just know it has the potential to dominate + derail. It did 2 years ago completely.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member

The crazy thing is how much older the actress who plays baby Illyana would be now.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    *Begs for voluntary moratorium on posts about the race of cast in this film in this thread*
    So this movie first trailer was released in 2016 before Oscar so white and the me too more role for women and minorities movement. You might want to brace yourself, the white washing could indeed draw some backlash. Hollywood for the last 2 years has taken diversity very seriously even at the expense of better story telling in their film. I agree that they should have gone for a darker actor from the start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It could also lead to the thread being locked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't consider Logan nor Joker good movies or superhero movies. They are just concepts (western, mental illness) that they put a comic book paint to make money
    This isn't the Unpopular Opinions thread. :-P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    So this movie first trailer was released in 2016 before Oscar so white and the me too more role for women and minorities movement. You might want to brace yourself, the white washing could indeed draw some backlash. Hollywood for the last 2 years has taken diversity very seriously even at the expense of better story telling in their film. I agree that they should have gone for a darker actor from the start.
    The first trailer was released at the end of 2017.

It seems they all have tramatic pasts.
    Including even Roberto, who burnt his girlfriend. So he already has heat powers, and not just super strenght.
    I wonder if Sam will also be made responsible of the mine collapsing, instead of manifesting his powers after the tragedy.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

It's a shame the casting for some characters was so perfect while the casting for others was so problematic. Anya Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams are so perfect for their roles in both looks and skills. It's more evidence that Roberto especially is not that much of a main character in the film. I heard that they wanted a different actress for Cecelia, one who better fit her ethnicity, but couldn't get her.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's a shame the casting for some characters was so perfect while the casting for others was so problematic. Anya Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams are so perfect for their roles in both looks and skills.
    Agreed they look and sound perfect, it makes the miscasting of Cecelia and Roberto so much more glaring.

It's a shame the casting for some characters was so perfect while the casting for others was so problematic. Anya Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams are so perfect for their roles in both looks and skills. It's more evidence that Roberto especially is not that much of a main character in the film. I heard that they wanted a different actress for Cecelia, one who better fit her ethnicity, but couldn't get her.
    there is many black actress... I mean they had a problem with the casting on captain marvel and then they casted another black actress. Not that hard.
    I know that Rosario Dawson was going to be cecelia.

Anya is relaly perfect as Magik

It's a shame the casting for some characters was so perfect while the casting for others was so problematic. Anya Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams are so perfect for their roles in both looks and skills.
    Yeah those guys are great casting choices, I have no idea what they were doing with the rest. At least Magik looks like she is going to be big thing if this movie is decent. Marvel comics and X-men franchise is sleeping on that character

BANNED

When the movie flops, they can retain ATJ as Magik in the MCU without anyone getting confused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah those guys are great casting choices, I have no idea what they were doing with the rest. At least Magik looks like she is going to be big thing if this movie is decent. Marvel comics and X-men franchise is sleeping on that character
    Can’t believe Magik isn’t in MUA3. She’s perfect for videogames. Instead we got pasty ‘90s nostalgia again.