Page 291 of 386 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    When the movie flops, they can retain ATJ as Magik in the MCU without anyone getting confused.
    A third Deadpool movie is in the works. Illyana appearing in that would make sense since Colossus is already a character. If there's some sort of dimensional travel involved that moves Deadpool into the MCU, then Illyana could be involved.

There needs to be supporting characters for Deadpool. If they can't use the regular cast of the X-Men movies, then adding in actors from New Mutants would be a good alternative.

When the movie flops, they can retain ATJ as Magik in the MCU without anyone getting confused.
    They got J.K. Simmons back so why not.

Amazing Member

Dani as the main character? Count me in!

Extraordinary Member

Lockheed is in the final shot of the trailer where Magik charges the mass of demon energy. There's something small with wings shooting blue fire at the mass and it's definitely not any of the human/mutant characters. It's way too small and has wings.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It seems they all have tramatic pasts.
    The traumatic past has to be important to the plot. if I remember in the original story, illyana was traumatised by a nightmare only to find out it was real. that been said, I have to give Disney credit for still wanting to release this film even if they were obliged by contract.

This is way beyond Disney's league since most adult characters in the other Disney marvel films are not even allowed to have or take seriously a traumatic past or talk about it convincingly.

it almost feels as if this is Disney from the Pinocchio era, even if I know Disney did not originally make this movie
    Including even Roberto, who burnt his girlfriend. So he already has heat powers, and not just super strenght.
    He is my least favourite from the trailer. girlfriend dies, I find llyana and Rhaine's story more intriguing so far, the best part of the trailer was seeing Rhaine morph into a wolf. I think that captures horror quite well when you are not releasing it in R. it's very Michael Jackson's Thriller style of horror. its still horror but kids can still watch.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-06-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The traumatic past has to be important to the plot. if I remember in the original story, illyana was traumatised by a nightmare only to find out it was real. that been said, I have to give Disney credit for still wanting to release this film even if they were obliged by contract.
    It's also worth noting that there were quite a few movies that Disney just up and scrapped after merge. This one was one of the few that survived, and let the director maintain his original vision.

IMO, Disney was the very thing we X-fans needed for the next great X-film to hit the theaters.

Extraordinary Member

From what I'm hearing today people are saying Disney basically saved this film from being butchered by Kinberg.

Amazing Member

most important question is - when are we going to see Funko pop figures for this movie?
    I'd get one of Magik in a heart beat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Meta jon View Post
    most important question is - when are we going to see Funko pop figures for this movie?
    I'd get one of Magik in a heart beat
    lol there will be zero merchandise for this movie.

So I guess I've been mispronouncing Rahne's name this whole time.

I thought it was pronounced "Rah-Ne" but it's apparently pronounced "Rain."

Can’t believe Magik isn’t in MUA3. She’s perfect for videogames. Instead we got pasty ‘90s nostalgia again.
    I dont think she's a character that has translated well to that type of game format. I think she'd be great for a fighter though

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Its always been Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yup, it's an easy mistake.

As for video games, she was in Marvel Heroes when that was out and is currently a character in Marvel Future Fight and Marvel Contest of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Lockheed is in the final shot of the trailer where Magik charges the mass of demon energy. There's something small with wings shooting blue fire at the mass and it's definitely not any of the human/mutant characters. It's way too small and has wings.
    Nice catch!

And as for Cannonball - it's hard to tell what they are going to do with his powers - what if they did exactly what they did with Negasonic?

Regardless - I'm stoked for this. I'll be stoked until I have a reason to not be.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Extraordinary Member

I'd love to see an action game a la Bayonetta or Devil May Cry starring Magik. I think it would be a great fit for her powerset as well as the Limbo setting, plus the bosses would be amazing in Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'd love to see an action game a la Bayonetta or Devil May Cry starring Magik. I think it would be a great fit for her powerset as well as the Limbo setting, plus the bosses would be amazing in Limbo.
    Marvel Heroes had Limbo as a level (might have been a Halloween themed patch). It was a super fun game and then just folded out of nowhere with no warning to even the staff who was working on new updates for the game at the time. Future Fight is a good alternative, but sadly half of the mutant characters are under a paywall.

The MH Limbo update:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyxMy36sIXM

And here was Magik in the training area:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbF5P5lNIg
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 01-06-2020 at 11:21 AM.