Page 292 of 386 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess I've been mispronouncing Rahne's name this whole time.

I thought it was pronounced "Rah-Ne" but it's apparently pronounced "Rain."
    You aren't the only one I found out couple months back I was saying it wrong but then again I have been butchering Guido(gwedo) and Monet( Mo-nay) as well.

Back in the 80s occasionally letter pages explained how to pronounce character names. I couldn't wrap my head around why "Rahne" was "Rain". With the internet now, editors don't think letter pages need to have that type of info and the trades and digital editions don't always include letter pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Back in the 80s occasionally letter pages explained how to pronounce character names. I couldn't wrap my head around why "Rahne" was "Rain". With the internet now, editors don't think letter pages need to have that type of info and the trades and digital editions don't always include letter pages.
    Thats what Twitter exists for. The same type of questions answered in letters are what is now answered almost instantly online direct from the writer's fingers

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    From what I'm hearing today people are saying Disney basically saved this film from being butchered by Kinberg.
    Nah, Kinberg was never really involved. remember when he tried to take most of the credit for DOFP? Kinberg's ties to this film is more like his ties to DOFP, Deadpool and Logan.

He is a credited producer in all the films, which is what he should always be. he as no business as a writer, Co writer or director. even his Co writing, should be limited to only small lines. the perfect example is DOFP, he is credited as a writer but the truth is Mathew Vaughn actually wrote most of the entire film.

I think the Phoenix story line was kind of like a weird obsession for him X3 included that he Co wrote, which does really bother me much, Dark phoenix is masterpiece but it does bother me when he tried to write and direct a a dark phoenix film all by himself.

BANNED

I love how they managed to adapt Magik's Bachalo costume.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I feel you I just know it has the potential to dominate + derail. It did 2 years ago completely.
    Two days, two months, two years, this shouldn’t be something that gets ignored or people get over. I hope that it gets picked up in the press and people involved get asked about it repeatedly.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    From what I'm hearing today people are saying Disney basically saved this film from being butchered by Kinberg.
    That's the new spin I guess. Reality: Disney didn't do anything for this film , and they didn't create it. And they wouldn't have created it.

Now in terms of this movie being "freed" from the burden of Fox Corporate meddling.... fair enough. But I just get tired of hearing people assume "Feige fixed it" or whatever. Not true at all

Re: speculation about its commercial performance. Well, the 2 year time gap does not help, the fact it's officially not part of MCU definitely doesn't help at all.

It hasn't trended on twitter so far....

We'll see but I hope it does well. The reaction is far more positive on social media (albeit with smaller # of views total) compared to Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 01-06-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Nah, Kinberg was never really involved. remember when he tried to take most of the credit for DOFP? Kinberg's ties to this film is more like his ties to DOFP, Deadpool and Logan.

He is a credited producer in all the films, which is what he should always be. he as no business as a writer, Co writer or director. even his Co writing, should be limited to only small lines. the perfect example is DOFP, he is credited as a writer but the truth is Mathew Vaughn actually wrote most of the entire film.
    Kinberg was more involved as a producer in New Mutants. Lauren Shuler Donner has said she was an in-name-only producer on New Mutants and had nothing to do with the production. Kinberg was actually involved in the production and based on his comments in interviews, was the one trying to organize the reshoots since he specifically commented on how difficult it was to get the cast back together for the reshoots.

For example: https://www.newsarama.com/45406-simo...oot-plans.html

Kinberg characterizes the reshoots in that interview as pickups, but there was previous rumors that Fox wanted to add in other characters, possibly Warlock to add more humor or possibly to add in Kitty Pryde as part of an introduction to that character for her own movie.

That sounds like what Kinberg would do to "fix" New Mutants.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Looking good, excited to finally see this when it comes out. If it plays at any local theatres that is.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

This bombing on my birthday will be a extraordinary gift. Keep Wolfbanes & Magik actresses; hire a decent director/writers/casting department, Accurately and Appropriately cast Sunspot, Moonstar, Cannonball, Dr.Reyes, Karma & etc then try again few yrs.

BANNED

This looked much more like what I wanted. A few things,

- Wasn't Rosario Dawson originally cast as Dr. Reyes? That would have been much better I think.

- I wonder if that field they showed around the building is related to Cece's powers!

- I began thinking her name was "Rain", but then in X-Men Evolution (the worst x-men cartoon by far) they called her Ronnie. I switched for a bit, but then just started reading Rain in my head again because it was cooler and made more sense.
    Last edited by PetPigeon; 01-06-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Kinberg was more involved as a producer in New Mutants. Lauren Shuler Donner has said she was an in-name-only producer on New Mutants and had nothing to do with the production. Kinberg was actually involved in the production and based on his comments in interviews, was the one trying to organize the reshoots since he specifically commented on how difficult it was to get the cast back together for the reshoots.

For example: https://www.newsarama.com/45406-simo...oot-plans.html

Kinberg characterizes the reshoots in that interview as pickups, but there was previous rumors that Fox wanted to add in other characters, possibly Warlock to add more humor or possibly to add in Kitty Pryde as part of an introduction to that character for her own movie.

That sounds like what Kinberg would do to "fix" New Mutants.
    Not different from what I said, many times producers don't do much. I never had an issue with him as a producer. Lauren looks like she was more of an executive producer.

New Mutants was supposed to be a Josh Bonne project vision as Tim Miller/Ryan Reynolds Deadpool was.

Mighty Member

Kinberg WAS more involved though. After Singer's ouster, he started to become much more involved in everything. If XMEN had stayed with FOX and continued to make money, he would've completely taken over Singer's role.

Love that the director is basically bragging about going back to his version with basically no updates (besides removal of XMEN mentions). Kinda shows what idiots FOX are.

I am hyped for this movie again but not sure I want the same cast in MCU (keep Anya, and Maisie). Sunspot, Cecilia were badly casted. Recast the rest. Maybe the Dani actor will be good but I've never seen her in anything.

Still, I think this movie will make lots of money and surprise us all (Ala World War Z) . Just not enough for the MCU to absorb them. However, if this movie turns into a runaway hit, then I'd expect them to suddenly want it in the MCU. Just don't think we'll get to that stage though.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-06-2020 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

I gotta be honest. I'm not anti-Fox or a trend follower that likes whatever is popular Disney guy, but I hope this fails so that we can get brown actors for the brown characters.

I love Maisie and Anya though, so I hope they get to stick around somehow, just like I want McAvoy and Fassbender back.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-06-2020 at 05:29 PM.