Page 295 of 386 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Learn the difference between race and ethnicity. They are both white Latinos. White-passing mestizos if you must, but their characters are not that, and considering both the history and present of media racism (against Afro-Latinos in Latin media, and Blacks more generally in Hollywood) people do not have to be quiet about their annoyance that Afro-Latino characters have been whitewashed for film. You don't care? Fine, move on.
    They are not white! Stop these lies. This will be the last time I acknowledge this. Just because you say something doesn’t make it true.

I’m still so pumped for this movie and nothings gonna stop be from defending this movie from the lies like I’ve done for over two years. Anonymous posters claiming they have info when they don’t. I’ll continue to defend this movie from slander.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 01-08-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    They are not white! Stop these lies. This will be the last time I acknowledge this. Just because you say something doesn’t make it true.

I’m still so pumped for this movie and nothings gonna stop be from defending this movie from the lies like I’ve done for over two years. Anonymous posters claiming they have info when they don’t. I’ll continue to defend this movie from slander.
    I will defend it too! I love it so far and I am massively looking forward to it
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

They are not white!
    Err maybe they aren't white to you personally but like 48% of Brazilians they'll likely consider themselves white.
    Stop these lies.
    Not sure what lies you're referencing, but even if you're generous with the complicated construct of race. Its obvious they both arent black, while their comic book counterparts are.
    This will be the last time I acknowledge this. Just because you say something doesn’t make it true.
    I meeeean sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.....but I guess some folks cant. (lol)
    Godspeed
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Err maybe they aren't white to you personally but like 48% of Brazilians they'll likely consider themselves white.
    Not sure what lies you're referencing, but even if you're generous with the complicated construct of race. Its obvious they both arent black, while their comic book counterparts are.
    I meeeean sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.....but I guess some folks cant. (lol)

Godspeed
    I appreciate your classy reads. Thank you for being one of my favorite posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I appreciate your classy reads. Thank you for being one of my favorite posters on here.
    Damn dude...you tryna make a homo cry or sumptin'??
    GrindrStone(D)

How is it a lie if they are literally white? No one is saying you can’t be excited for this movie, but the whitewashing is a legitimate criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Its a nice negative spin, but don't worry about that. All what we need is a good quality non manufactured superhero movie in the horror genre. the rest should take care for itself, especially when the word of mouths spreads. its not as if the budget is High like star wars rise of skywalker you once tried to convince me is making Disney very happy with the box office decline.
    Negative spin? It comes out between freaking Mulan and James Bond. I was hoping it was tuck away in slow month where it could get couple of weeks of being number 1 movie. It is trapped behind what is probably going to be the number film of the year and the last Daniel Craig James Bond movie.If you are looking deeper The Quiet Place 2 is one week before, Bloodshot is two weeks before.It does not matter how good this movie is positioning is horrible. Moving on I am not you guys I am actively rooting for the success of New Mutants despites its flaws. I am surprised you want to talk about Rise of Skywalker a movie that you said was not going to reach a 1 billion and this weekend it will hit a billion world wide.

On to the other topic Just something interesting to chew on
    In fact, Hispanics can be white, black, Asian, or multiracial. That’s because the term “Hispanic,” like “Latino,” refers to an ethnicity, not a race. And a majority of Hispanics actually self-identify as white. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, 53 percent of Hispanics chose “white “ as their race, while 36 percent chose “some other race.”
    Anyway this distracts from the point when it is as simple Celia Reyes and Sunspot are afro latino with clearly darker skin than the actors.Moonstar is indigenous american she also appears to be lighter tone than in comics. Nobody is disparaging these actors heritage the actors for Celia and Sunspot are latino, The actor for Moonstar is Native American. BUT they are clearly lighter complexion than most people picture the characters and light enough that at times can be mistaken for a white person. It has been hilarious watching the some of coverage because when they talk about Celia Reyes who she is in the comics because everyone does comic a deep dive nowadays. And they do comic side by side this is what happens

Anyways this horse beaten to death, I hope the movie does good it is not the fault of the actor they got casted for the part. I read enough comics to where they have alternate takes on characters so this is fine on that level. But if people are running around not seeing the issue with casting then that is problem
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-08-2020 at 10:59 PM.

I am going to see It because it is New Mutants but I don't care if the film bombs or is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Negative spin? It comes out between freaking Mulan and James Bond. I was hoping it was tuck away in slow month where it could get couple of weeks of being number 1 movie. It is trapped behind what is probably going to be the number film of the year and the last Daniel Craig James Bond movie.If you are looking deeper The Quiet Place 2 is one week before, Bloodshot is two weeks before.It does not matter how good this movie is positioning is horrible. Moving on I am not you guys I am actively rooting for the success of New Mutants despites its flaws. I am surprised you want to talk about Rise of Skywalker a movie that you said was not going to reach a 1 billion and this weekend it will hit a billion world wide.
    I said Star Wars will need to have strong legs in the USA to pass 1 billion, Still ROS, is a box office disappointment. We have all accepted it and moved on. How much did new mutants cost? I care 90% about the quality of the movie as that is what is going to matter down the line and become one of the template for every future x-men.

it is up to Disney to promote the film but Disney may not want to promote it. it contradicts their vision of what comic books movies are. New mutants was meant to be horror, Disney should accept it and do their jobs as a distribution company by marketing the film well.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-09-2020 at 02:50 AM.

This is why I don't do hypocrisy, perhaps they should have gotten darker actors for new mutants, no arguments there, but to those who are saying this film must be brought down because of race change, Are you not the same people what tried to justified a potential black magneto from an Ashkenazi Jew to a black man or is changing the race of characters only acceptable when MCU wants to do it? I am loving all the negative spin here about this film. this is what happens when you have a marvel movie that tries to think outside a structured formula that has no resemblance to the daring source material.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-09-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Someone think the negative surrounding this movie is because it is not a marvel movie? Grow up

1. The movie was suppose to released in 2018,This is the year 2020. Nothing to do with Marvel movie people have been waiting for years and they are just not excited about the movie anymore.

2. The process of pushing back movie damages confidence in a movie before Disney got it hands on this movie the date was push back twice. Nothing to do Marvel.

3. People are negative about the some of the casting. Nothing to do with Marvel

4. People have seen the actually trailer and not actually impressed with concept. For a horror movie it does not look scary for a superhero film the cgi and special effects look questionable. Nothing to do with Marvel

5. The last thing has something with do Marvel. Both Fox and Marvel when it was just in their best interest to just push out the movie and be done with it. "Went I don't know if i should put out this movie and didn't put it out. Both studios not showing confidence in this movie is a big red flag

On the box office success front is stuck behind of Mulan which is going to swallow everything in path. It doesn't get a weekend to be the biggest movie in theater. These are legit things not some stupid imaginary fanboy stuff. I can't speak for anyone else but I am X-franchise fan I have never wanted any X-men movie to do bad. I don't want New Mutants to do bad it has spot on casting with Rahne and Magik and the X-men franchise has to many good characters to be support by just one movie. I would love new mutants to make a billion dollars and Marvel make a sequel. But just because I am cheering for the success of something doesn't mean I am not going to talk about the obvious flaws and issues.

FINALLY I WANT NEW MUTANTS TO DO GOOD I AM FAN OF X-MEN PROPERTIES, I DON"T CARE WHO MAKES THE MOVIES AS LONG AS IT IS GOOD.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-09-2020 at 03:13 AM.

For those that are interested, from what I know, this is the most accurate article about the drama related to New Mutants:

https://www.tracking-board.com/insid...ber-exclusive/

Excerpts:

For starters, I’m told that the creative differences between director Josh Boone and Fox execs have been blown out of proportion by fanboy bloggers who are all too eager to make a mountain out of a molehill, and that Boone ultimately delivered the movie that he and co-writer Knate Lee originally agreed to make.

At first, Boone and Lee wanted to make a horror movie, but Fox was initially resistant to that idea, as the studio didn’t want to go “full horror.” Sources say that Fox demanded a PG-13 rating and pushed back against the film’s horror elements, such as excessive blood and scares. Eventually, everyone got on the same page, and together, they set out to make a YA movie that felt like a cross between Stephen King and John Hughes. Fox film chief Stacey Snider is basically quoted as calling New Mutants a superhero movie set in a Breakfast Club-like setting whose genre is more like The Shining than “let’s save the world.” And then… It happened.

It was released in early September and did incredibly well for Warner Bros., even beyond the studio’s wildest nightmares, er, dreams. In response, Fox cut a trailer for New Mutants that played up the scary elements from the film, essentially selling it as a straight-up horror movie — this despite the fact that in its first test screening, New Mutants scored the exact same number as the first screening of Deadpool and besides the very end, reshoots were deemed unnecessary. However, because of that well-received trailer, audiences were now expecting a horror movie.
    And by "horror movie", they mean more of a horror movie than it was. Everyone's definition of "horror movie" is different. Look at The Grudge reboot getting an F CinemaScore. It's not that bad of a movie. It's just whether it fits horror fans' expectations. And PG-13 horror flicks made for teens... that's not going to be horror enough for most horror fans.

Too many of the articles and reaction videos I've seen perpetuate the idea that New Mutants was plagued with production problems, reshoots and that the movie was somehow bad. That isn't the case. It's always tested well. And there weren't even pickups reshoots. They couldn't get the cast back together - Season 8 of Game of Thrones is more to blame than Disney or Fox for that.

The only delay that really is to blame on Disney is bumping it from August 2019. Prior to that, the delays all involved Fox. At the same time Disney delayed Artemis Fowl to a better release date but you don't see any speculation online that it was due to the movie being bad or that Artemis will get dumped to streaming.

It's not like Disney dumped New Mutants to January or something. The release date is in time for spring break and it actually could hurt Mulan's box office.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 01-09-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Someone think the negative surrounding this movie is because it is not a marvel movie? Grow up
    after the same stuff was used for the joker. people do need to learn. also joker was bashed for being a white privileged guy.

1. The movie was suppose to released in 2018,This is the year 2020. Nothing to do with Marvel movie people have been waiting for years and they are just not excited about the movie anymore.
    That is the thing with negative spin, the full story is never told. the movie had delays because fox was about to go down under. we didn't even know if the film will get released. How many fox films were also delayed? Rocket Man, Tolkien, Ford vs Ferrari, Dark Phoenix.

3. People are negative about the some of the casting. Nothing to do with Marvel
    the casting should be criticised when necessarily, however the casting cant objectively decide the outcome of the film.

if you are okay with black magneto marvel, then you should also be okay with the race cast for new mutants. Be consistent in your race casting criticism.
    4. People have seen the actually trailer and not actually impressed with concept. For a horror movie it does not look scary for a superhero film the cgi and special effects look questionable. Nothing to do with Marvel
    Yikes, this is so far from he truth. again the negative spin at this finest. I usually watch reactions, not even the access media is been all negative. shocking.
    the trailer actually has more people excited and curious, especially at a time the comic genre is a limo. seen as too cooperate and manufactured. New mutants being different helps comic films.

I already said, the horror of pg 13 looks more Michael Jackson thriller and that video was not rated r. Negative spins is when people say only r rated horror could work. if this was so, why didn't marvel change the AA comic code when the demon bear saga was written?

FINALLY I WANT NEW MUTANTS TO DO GOOD I AM FAN OF X-MEN PROPERTIES, I DON"T CARE WHO MAKES THE MOVIES AS LONG AS IT IS GOOD.
    New mutants not only looks good but has left most of these theme parks animated looking comic movies in the dust in terms of pushing the genre, April 3rd will be the endgame too decide things.

And its just not the look of the film that looks good, its the idea of the story. this is not a film about massive cgi, generic villain of the week or alien invasions. the story of traumatised kids feels very original to what we have now in the genre.

New Mutants has a High chance of becoming the best comic film of 2020 outside of wonder woman 2. that is why there is negative spin in the first place.

**** goes down when the access media are now been honest for once about how X-men works best when they get all experimental like new mutants and when their stories are not watered down.

Last edited by Beaddle; 01-09-2020 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    For those that are interested, from what I know, this is the most accurate article about the drama related to New Mutants:

https://www.tracking-board.com/insid...ber-exclusive/

Excerpts:

And by "horror movie", they mean more of a horror movie than it was. Everyone's definition of "horror movie" is different. Look at The Grudge reboot getting an F CinemaScore. It's not that bad of a movie. It's just whether it fits horror fans' expectations. And PG-13 horror flicks made for teens... that's not going to be horror enough for most horror fans.

Too many of the articles and reaction videos I've seen perpetuate the idea that New Mutants was plagued with production problems, reshoots and that the movie was somehow bad. That isn't the case. It's always tested well. And there weren't even pickups reshoots. They couldn't get the cast back together - Season 8 of Game of Thrones is more to blame than Disney or Fox for that.

The only delay that really is to blame on Disney is bumping it from August 2019. Prior to that, the delays all involved Fox. At the same time Disney delayed Artemis Fowl to a better release date but you don't see any speculation online that it was due to the movie being bad or that Artemis will get dumped to streaming.

It's not like Disney dumped New Mutants to January or something. The release date is in time for spring break and it actually could hurt Mulan's box office.

1. The horror aspect would be a make or break thing but if the movie can focus more on the trauma of these kids than just using horror tropes of scaring monster dress up, it should be okay. what the grudge and those other pg 13 horror films don't have is a lore. New mutants has a lore rooted in many xmen themes.

Outside from a few graphic sex scenes, Legion on FX could still pass for PG 13 in films. Though I am sure, Hawley will choose R.

2. About the Mulan dates, this is not surprising that Disney would do this. I don't think Disney wants the film to succeed, they may have well planned for Mulan to take it out.

if New mutants succeed, it would hurt their own xmen movies in the future since Disney would want us to pretend X-Men is all bubbily light hearted fun, were kids don't have traumas, with new mutants succeeding, Disney won't be able to sell their own xmen films well beyond their bubble.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-09-2020 at 04:41 AM.

BANNED

I said Star Wars will need to have strong legs in the USA to pass 1 billion, Still ROS, is a box office disappointment.
    Movies that make over a billion WW are never a disappointment for the studios that make them.

it is up to Disney to promote the film but Disney may not want to promote it. it contradicts their vision of what comic books movies are.
    This is a movie that many predicted would either never get released or get dumped to Hulu.

The fact that Disney is giving it a wide release means that they believe in it and are actively promoting it.

New mutants was meant to be horror, Disney should accept it and do their jobs as a distribution company by marketing the film well.
    Disney has more reason to care about New Mutants' box office success than anyone here. So no one has to remind them that they need to market the film.

The fact that they're releasing it in April, in a competitive slot, speaks to their confidence in the film itself.