Page 297 of 386 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So why didn't get released? The trailers did good, It tested well,There was no real problems why didn't Fox release it on time? Why didn't Disney release it on time?
    The reason Fox kept bumping it was because there wasn't a good comparable movie to show how much a PG-13 horror superhero movie will make and the comps were lower than they would like. While some horror movies have done well, most open in the $15M- $20M OW range and do poorly overseas. That wasn't seen as enough and Fox execs lacked confidence in it making enough money and wanted to be the person who overhauled it so it opened bigger.

The reason Disney bumped from August 2019 to April 2020 was during an overhaul of their entire release schedule with probably 20 different changes. Both New Mutants (Fox) and Artemis Fowl (Disney) were bumped. Some of the changes were to move Fox movies away from Disney movies to allow the Disney movies to do better (Call of the Wild was victim to that especially). But it had to do with the fact that Disney only was accustomed to a release schedule of one movie per month, maybe two occasionally, and where going to have to gear up.

Fox had let go most of their marketing execs. They were bringing in contractors to run campaigns and that was a disorganized mess. Disney was in the process of getting out of Fox contracts with marketing vendors and bringing all of Fox marketing into their vendors - who didn't have capacity to do that number of tv and digital ads.

Had New Mutants kept that 8/2/19 spot, then there would have needed to be a large push for it at SDCC but they weren't ready for that - including how Marvel Studios wanted to deal with mutants. Imagine the cast doing press junkets in late July and being asked about it.

Whether a movie is or isn't good doesn't really matter in marketing. Great movies under-perform all the time and the success of a campaign has more to do with getting people to see bad movies than marketing good ones

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You tell me which one makes more sense a horror movie in Oct against those movies or where they have it? There is literally one bad weekend in Oct, the 16.It is one thing to defend the movie I get it we are all X-men fans but you can see what is happening right? Anyways I keeping on saying I really sincerely hope New Mutants does well the criticism or complaints isn't because I want the movie to fail.

PS Artemis Fowl got put on the weekend after as Fast and Furious 9 and weekend before Wonder Woman, They are putting it out of its misery as well.
    Disney doesn't dump movies. And Disney isn't treating it as a horror movie. It's a superhero movie being released in April. Artemis is going to see a very, very big push.

The week NM is getting releases has the largest percentage of high schools on spring break. They could have moved it up when Godzilla vs Kong was delayed, but they chose not to. They wanted that spring break date and it actually might cost Mulan.

The live action Mulan is going to be tricky because it's not as family friendly as the animated version. It's made for China. It's going to aim more for teens, but will they be interested? New Mutants is going to be targeted at a younger audience then probably most of you expect and appeal more to a male audience - which Mulan might not work. I have a hunch Mulan will appeal more to a female audience and probably older than Disney would like (90s kids nostalgia).

While Bond will have some pre-teen and teen audience, New Mutants has its niche. It's an older audience than Peter Rabbit 2, more male than Mulan and younger than Bond.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 01-09-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The live action Mulan is going to be tricky because it's not as family friendly as the animated version. It's made for China. It's going to aim more for teens, but will they be interested? New Mutants is going to be targeted at a younger audience then probably most of you expect and appeal more to a male audience - which Mulan might not work. I have a hunch Mulan will appeal more to a female audience and probably older than Disney would like (90s kids nostalgia).
    That's about the only demographic for the live action remakes; nostalgic adults who grew up with the originals.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The reason Fox kept bumping it was because there wasn't a good comparable movie to show how much a PG-13 horror superhero movie will make and the comps were lower than they would like. While some horror movies have done well, most open in the $15M- $20M OW range and do poorly overseas. That wasn't seen as enough and Fox execs lacked confidence in it making enough money and wanted to be the person who overhauled it so it opened bigger.

The reason Disney bumped from August 2019 to April 2020 was during an overhaul of their entire release schedule with probably 20 different changes. Both New Mutants (Fox) and Artemis Fowl (Disney) were bumped. Some of the changes were to move Fox movies away from Disney movies to allow the Disney movies to do better (Call of the Wild was victim to that especially). But it had to do with the fact that Disney only was accustomed to a release schedule of one movie per month, maybe two occasionally, and where going to have to gear up.

Fox had let go most of their marketing execs. They were bringing in contractors to run campaigns and that was a disorganized mess. Disney was in the process of getting out of Fox contracts with marketing vendors and bringing all of Fox marketing into their vendors - who didn't have capacity to do that number of tv and digital ads.

Had New Mutants kept that 8/2/19 spot, then there would have needed to be a large push for it at SDCC but they weren't ready for that - including how Marvel Studios wanted to deal with mutants. Imagine the cast doing press junkets in late July and being asked about it.

Whether a movie is or isn't good doesn't really matter in marketing. Great movies under-perform all the time and the success of a campaign has more to do with getting people to see bad movies than marketing good ones

Disney doesn't dump movies. And Disney isn't treating it as a horror movie. It's a superhero movie being released in April. Artemis is going to see a very, very big push.

The week NM is getting releases has the largest percentage of high schools on spring break. They could have moved it up when Godzilla vs Kong was delayed, but they chose not to. They wanted that spring break date and it actually might cost Mulan.

While Bond will have some pre-teen and teen audience, New Mutants has its niche. It's an older audience than Peter Rabbit 2, more male than Mulan and younger than Bond.
    Awwwwwwwwww, why did you have to write this sound logic with a lot of reasoning, good research and obviousness of what was going on at fox, I was enjoying the negative spins, lol. I knew some had every right to be scared of Joker, but getting scared of new mutants is almost too funny to believe.

The only big sin fox committed was choosing to put out dark phoenix over this movie first. Everyone knew new mutants had more potential than dark phoenix.

Mighty Member

So the D23 Newsletter came out and New Mutants is on it ... as a member of the MCU? What?

https://d23.com/?sperpage

BANNED

That intern is getting fired.

Mighty Member

Or it's secretly a really good way of building hype for the movie without putting much effort in like tv spots because now people are talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Or it's secretly a really good way of building hype for the movie without putting much effort in like tv spots because now people are talking about it.
    As part of the MCU or possible part of the MCU. It is good for at least one viewing for some people.Yeah it is good strategy. I am willing to bet the after credits of this movie is going to be cared about a lot

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah my guess is it's just an error...

BUT if there is even a tiny chance MCU would continue this film... that would be nice
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Thank the Goddess this movie is not in the proper MCU and that Fox no longer has control of the x-men franchise. While the trailer isn't bad i can't get past Fox's uncanny ability to drain ALL the color pigment out of any character they get their hands on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thank the Goddess this movie is not in the proper MCU and that Fox no longer has control of the x-men franchise. While the trailer isn't bad i can't get past Fox's uncanny ability to drain ALL the color pigment out of any character they get their hands on.
    Considering Disney's director of Dr strange just quit because he shared a similar dream to the new mutants director. this statement unfortunately does not carry any weight in the real manner of things. what I have always noticed with the anti fox arguments is the arguments has never cared to dicuss x-men stories itself and just how much Disney can tell them, which should always be the deciding factor of who should have been allowed to make xmen movies for better or worse. don't just hire untalented hacks like Kinberg. Bones so far is a solid director.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-11-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It turned out to be a rumour, an accident, which should come as no surprise because the movie is not on marvel.com. also it would not have made sense in the manner of things due to the horror issue in the MCU.

Enough with the suppose hype that goes nowhere after a few weeks, especially for established franchises (Spiderman, Xmen , Batman Star Wars) with dozens of movies already. make a film like Parasite even if it is superhero film. Hype has now reached fatigue,its more about manufactured marketing than the quality of the movie. People are waking up realising superhero movies are just more than hype of what it is connected too, news mutants will benefit more if it has less MCU hype.

the stand alone superhero movies in the past few years Joker, Into the Spiderverse that has no ties to the MCU or DCU have shown to carry more substance with more film making chops than cooperate decisions making. New Mutants should follow that path, its a better path with long lasting rewards.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-11-2020 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Considering Disney's director of Dr strange just quit because he shared a similar dream to the new mutants director. this statement unfortunately does not carry any weight in the real manner of things. what I have always noticed with the anti fox arguments is the arguments has never cared to dicuss x-men stories itself and just how much Disney can tell them, which should always be the deciding factor of who should have been allowed to make xmen movies for better or worse. don't just hire untalented hacks like Kinberg. Bones so far is a solid director.
    And none of what you said has anything to do with what I'm glad about. No matter what director fox has hired all of their characters have had their pigment drained. And I'm not here for that. let's see if Disney makes the same mistake. Until then I reserve judgement. Fox movies for me were all bad and white washed at the same time so nothing for me. Don't really care how others feel about it to be honest if they preferred them I'm happy for them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And none of what you said has anything to do with what I'm glad about. No matter what director fox has hired all of their characters have had their pigment drained.
    I would have preferred a reboot with someone competent in the long run
    And I'm not here for that. let's see if Disney makes the same mistake. Until then I reserve judgement. Fox movies for me were all bad and white washed at the same time so nothing for me. .
    okay. though bad and good movies are only judged by objective film making criticsm.
    Don't really care how others feel about it to be honest if they preferred them I'm happy for them
    others who care about not all movies going on the cooperate drive as those are usually the stand out movies. New mutants has that potential from the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah my guess is it's just an error...
    I think its outlandish but I heard the error was done by some marvel fans who were trolling Disney to show support for Scott Derrickson. Poor guy.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-11-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Josh Boone posted on Instagram the following "Hello, NYC! We’re all here this weekend on New Mutants business! #newmutants"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7rqYTfn1Wl/

The cast are tagged in the post.

Josh Boone posted on Instagram the following "Hello, NYC! We’re all here this weekend on New Mutants business! #newmutants"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7rqYTfn1Wl/

The cast are tagged in the post.
    lol in other hilariously unironic EyeRolling "New Mutants" film News
    Maisie "fought" to keep the movie "comic accurate"
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01...-marvel-x-men/
    GrindrStone(D)