Page 3 of 386 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

i'm wondering if this will be the title for the next movie starring the new cyclops/jean/jubilee/etc from Apocalypse or if it's a different team.
    If it's not the originals and based on the comics the character would make the line-up are probably: cannonball, wolfsbane, sunspot or magma, cypher and moonstar. i dont see warlock or magik or boomboom making the cut and boom-boom will prolly be in x-force. also likely that blink, bishop and warpath could end up on this team with a professor kitty pryde.

Ultimate Member

A movie staring Cyclops and Jean as teens wouldn't be New Mutants, I doubt that they'll put Tabitha in X-Force as she hasn't been a member in years with most of the others apart from very recently...it all depends on the roster if they merge the original New Mutants team and the X-Force team that they became or just the original New Mutants.

Spectacular Member

New Mutants, leading to meeting Cable, leading to X-Force?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am on the wait and see wagon. If they actually use at least most of the original New Mutant characters I am cool with it. If it is just going to be random young mutants like X-23, Quentin Quire, Dust, Ink then I am am probably going to lose a lot of interest in it fast.
    Keep in mind that the New X-Men originally began as a volume of New Mutants, and these members of the NXM all made their first appearance in New Mutants Vol. 2:

Hellion
    Wallflower
    Wind Dancer
    Surge
    Wither
    Prodigy
    Elixir
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Mercury

Of the characters I would consider the "core" group (KYost's run), only Dust and X-23 originated outside of New Mutants (Dust in NXM Vol. 1, and X in NYX). So technically, including most of the NXM WOULD still make it a New Mutants film.

I'd be cool with making the cast a selection from all three major "kid X-Men" teams: NM, GenX, and NXM. My top five:

Dani Moonstar
    Chamber (Sorry, Sam, but he's my pick for blasty-type mutant)
    Cypher

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Ooooo happy day.

I want a non twink Warpath
    Penance if the are mixing the other younger mutants
    Warlockand Cyper done right would knock it out of the park me for as a fanboy.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 05-14-2015 at 05:18 AM.

I want to see Magik, Cannonball, Moonstar, Magma, and Karma.

Ultimate Member

Magik is the one "must have" for me. I can be a bit more malleable on the overall roster, but I want her there dammit.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Keep in mind that the New X-Men originally began as a volume of New Mutants, and these members of the NXM all made their first appearance in New Mutants Vol. 2:

Hellion
    Wallflower
    Wind Dancer
    Surge
    Wither
    Prodigy
    Elixir
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Mercury

Of the characters I would consider the "core" group (KYost's run), only Dust and X-23 originated outside of New Mutants (Dust in NXM Vol. 1, and X in NYX). So technically, including most of the NXM WOULD still make it a New Mutants film.
    You could use that line-up for a sequel if NM does well enough. Maybe sub in Laura for Sofia(Logan liberates her in Wolverine 3 and brings her to the Institute).

Spectacular Member

I'm assuming that Magik would be in it as the currently most 'prominent' of the New Mutants. But that of course depends on Fox actually adapting them and not just using the name to gather a bunch of random teen mutants like Jubilee/X-23 etc. (which doesn't necessarily have to be bad).

Seeing as I don't recognize many of the character names being talked about in this thread, I have very little interest in seeing this.

However I hope it does well for the franchise's sake, and for that alone I may go see it.

Would be cool to see the older cast members reprise their roles as supporting characters (teachers), that would make me more interested.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Put Dani, M, Synch, Magik and Jubilee on the team and I'll go watch on more than one occasion.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

All I want is Dani Moonstar and I will be pleased
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spectacular Member

Didn't DOFP Sentinels have an ability similar to Rockslide?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Put Dani, M, Synch, Magik and Jubilee on the team and I'll go watch on more than one occasion.
    God yes! Although, if they're introducing Jubilee in X-Men:Apocalypse, she's likely included in the next film