Page 307 of 386 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5790

I do think there is a strong curiosity factor. Many casual movie goers see this as a "teens with powers suspense film" and don't connect it to X-Men at all. It's really only comic nerds and people queued in to the goings on in the movie world that really know what this REALLY is. I think it's something in the film's favor to be honest.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Not very positive about the future of X-Men movies in general with Iger stepping down and penny-pinching Disney Parks chief Bob Chapek coming in. Chapek's focus has always been on how to cut costs to increase profitability, especially at the expense of customer experience at the Parks

For example see http://www.thedisneymoviereview.com/...k-disney-ceo/:

No matter what fans think of Bob Chapek or the reports that he could be the next Disney CEO, there are two facts Disney fans cannot dispute.

Nearly every decision Bob Chapek has made as a leader has made Disney more profitable.
    Nearly every decision Bob Chapek has made as a leader has made the customer experience worse

Chapek then went on to head consumer products in 2011.He led the division to double-digit profits by cutting jobs and focusing the business on brands (like Disney Princess) rather than specific lines of merchandise (like shoes). Disney fans will remember this as the period where “grown-up” merchandise disappeared from the Disney store. If you have Frozen fatigue, it’s probably a direct result of decisions from Bob Chapek, who is reportedly a big fan of Disney’s big-budget movies that spawn sequels, toys, and theme-park attractions.

That’s all a little annoying, but Chapek took cost-cutting and profit-making to the next level when he became the head of the parks division. The tiered system of tickets that cost more during peak times is a Chapek product. He eliminated some annual passes and consistently introduces new ways to get patrons to pay extra for perks such as nighttime events and passes to get to the head of the line.
    Disney stock is in a free fall in aftermarket trading, so investors aren't liking the new CEO any more than fans. Considering how badly the launch of the new Star Wars attractions went at Disney Parks, the idea of the person responsible getting Iger's job is laughable.

Based on Chapek's track record wanting profitable children-focused projects to sell toys, unless Feige really wants more New Mutants, there's no chance of a sequel.

Not that it means there won't be decent Disney movies. You look at something like the Christopher Robin movie. The intent was to advertise the billion dollar Winnie the Pooh merchandise, not actually sell movie tickets. It had to promote the type of a feeling and association with the brand that makes people want to buy hundreds of dollars worth of Pooh products for their baby's nursery.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 02-25-2020 at 02:51 PM.

I'm just wondering when a new trailer will drop, I want to see more of Lockheed, Demon Bear and Magik

Awesome, I'm just hoping they don't spoil too many awesome shots! I love to have surprises when I see it opening night.

Oh wow is Magma now in this or did they get Sunspot’s powerset wrong...yet again!?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Oh wow is Magma now in this or did they get Sunspot’s powerset wrong...yet again!?
    Yeah, but honestly this at least makes a bit of sense. It's a dark film, his power is dark, yadda yadda. I'm hoping they do show it as proper in daylight scenes and this is him going "Super Saiyan" or whatever with an 80's music montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    It shouldn't surprise anyone the number of inaccuracies in this film. I bet they're gonna have Cannonball use his power to throw super powerful punches or something similar
    GrindrStone(D)

so bobby wont be black not even when using his powers hu

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    so bobby wont be black not even when using his powers hu
    Apparently Not

I think its kinda weird we havent seen any powers in the previews....well except "Sunspots"

Magik's armor looks kinda cool tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Maybe they changed his name to Amartbo and powerset to Magspot? Problem solved! He even has a Greek accent!

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Maybe they changed his name to Amartbo and powerset to Magspot? Problem solved! He even has a Greek accent!
    Why Greek ?
    GrindrStone(D)