Page 317 of 386 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5790
    Incredible Member

I knew it was going to be delayed again.

I wonder if this is like '42', where the universe itself will end before "New Mutants" is released.

Fantastic Member

What are the chances they will release New Mutants in June because the CDC is recommending gatherings of 50 or more over the next EIGHT weeks be postpone or cancelled ?

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    What are the chances they will release New Mutants in June because the CDC is recommending gatherings of 50 or more over the next EIGHT weeks be postpone or cancelled ?
    Theaters in LA and NYC are closing by order of their mayors. In LA, that's until the end of March. Theaters could technically figure out some way to have fewer than 50 in a theater, but still that's not a good idea. But closing their doors for 2+ months? Most businesses can't withstand that.

But the speculation is that Memorial Day weekend might be the first week of releases, but what releases those are?

Fingers crossed that theaters can open sooner. Not that releasing New Mutants is all that important, but movies being releases will be a sign of life getting back to normal. Hopefully social distancing works and we can all beat these thing together by sitting on our couches binge watching Netflix then be able to go see lots of movies in the summer.

I really dont think this movie will come out in theaters anymore especially if this happens. There are already movies lined up to be released in the summer through end of fall and that will get even more crowded with the spring movies dispersed around there. I dont think NM stands a chance and it wont make its money back. If anything it might have a limited run but I expect it to be on Disney Plus

Not to mention every movie that has been pushed in that time will want to rebook. It's going to be a bloodbath over those early weekends. We'll likely see this pushed to Hulu or View on Demand if that happens along with many other "to small to compete" films.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Not to mention every movie that has been pushed in that time will want to rebook. It's going to be a bloodbath over those early weekends. We'll likely see this pushed to Hulu or View on Demand if that happens along with many other "to small to compete" films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really dont think this movie will come out in theaters anymore especially if this happens. There are already movies lined up to be released in the summer through end of fall and that will get even more crowded with the spring movies dispersed around there. I dont think NM stands a chance and it wont make its money back. If anything it might have a limited run but I expect it to be on Disney Plus
    ...CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS!!! THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY RELEASE IT ON THOSE FORMATS IF THAT WAS NOT THE CASE AND DISNEY IS COMMIT TO SHOWING IT IN THEATERS!!!
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/2...ters-streaming

...CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS!!! THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY RELEASE IT ON THOSE FORMATS IF THAT WAS NOT THE CASE AND DISNEY IS COMMIT TO SHOWING IT IN THEATERS!!!
    The world didnt have a global pandemic which caused the shutdown of theaters for weeks, possibly months. Most industries, including the film, werent prepared for something like this, which causes unprecedented action in order to adapt. Theaters will have to be selective of what they run when things get back up and running which is why I said this may have a LIMITED RUN (since you like to use caps)
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-16-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

There are force majeure clauses in almost every contract these days, and a worldwide pandemic is one that would qualify under it.

Fantastic Member

I guess we'll have to wait and see in the meantime

Blu Hunt talks about her role as Mirage to Empire.
    https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-m...rpowers-image/
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 03-16-2020 at 10:41 AM.

In related Universal announced to be the first major studio to release its film On Demand in response to the virus. Films that just came out will be available to stream and the upcoming Trolls film will release streaming and in theaters on the same date

https://www.ign.com/articles/univers...id-coronavirus

Dude things have changed for Hollywood. If the next MCU movue has to be delayed, then NM has no chance of a release window.

Dallas has closed theaters too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

New Mutants will be out in theatres.

Ultimate Member

This movie will get BUTCHERED in theaters because it will have to deal with every other movie that got held back.

Unless they pull an Inhumans and do a VERY limited run (say 2 weeks) and be done with it. It will not survive if the date they choose is the same date say Wonder Woman 84 or James Bond decides to come out on.

They better aim for 2021.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This movie will get BUTCHERED in theaters because it will have to deal with every other movie that got held back.

Unless they pull an Inhumans and do a VERY limited run (say 2 weeks) and be done with it. It will not survive if the date they choose is the same date say Wonder Woman 84 or James Bond decides to come out on.

They better aim for 2021.
    Or they can release it in the middle of May or late June/early July.