Page 318 of 386 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This movie will get BUTCHERED in theaters because it will have to deal with every other movie that got held back.
    There's concerns about how long it will take for crowds to return to theaters especially if coronavirus lingers for an extended period of time and there are flare ups in the news in other areas.

There's enough people who don't care that movies opened to $10M last weekend, but opening a major release to $100M plus - that may take a year to return. Putting out some minor releases first is what likely will happen.

Fantastic Member

Ohh AMC closed down their theaters and won't open for at least six to twelve weeks.
    https://deadline.com/2020/03/amc-to-...ns-1202885217/

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Or they can release it in the middle of May or late June/early July.
    You completely missed his point. Thre will be too much competition wherever NM goes. All the other moves that are getting delayed will try to find a spot and thats on top of the films that were already set to come out at those times. The amount of screens available is limited. NM will have far less to work with than it will have had in April. Short of delaying it a whole year, a limited run and quick release to stream is the hing that makes most logic sense

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You completely missed his point. Thre will be too much competition wherever NM goes. All the other moves that are getting delayed will try to find a spot and thats on top of the films that were already set to come out at those times. The amount of screens available is limited. NM will have far less to work with than it will have had in April. Short of delaying it a whole year, a limited run and quick release to stream is the hing that makes most logic sense
    New Mutants was put between Mulan and No Time To Die before being moved by the virus, so I don't think Disney cares about too much competition for the movie it's most likely it will be release this around the months to "test the waters" to see if it's safe showing blockbuster movies again.
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 03-17-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    New Mutants was put between Mulan and No Time To Die before being moved by the virus, so I don't think Disney cares about too much competition for the movie.
    They dont have a choice. If a theater only has 20 screens and have already allocated them for other films, Disney will be lucky to get NM in there on one. I dont think you get the situation here. Film delays happen all the time and its easy enough to accomodate one. When you have a mass amount of shifts like we are seeing now, then its gonna be bloodbath. Again limited run is the likely future for NM

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They dont have a choice. If a theater only has 20 screens and have already allocated them for other films, Disney will be lucky to get NM in there on one. I dont think you get the situation here. Film delays happen all the time and its easy enough to accomodate one. When you have a mass amount of shifts like we are seeing now, then its gonna be bloodbath. Again limited run is the likely future for NM
    That assumes the box office comes immediately back. F9 and Bond moved to 2021. The question is how much more gets moved all the way out of 2020 because studios are jittery about longer term impact. And what studios are able to wait rather than get immediate money back from a release (even a streaming release).

Disney hasn't moved Black Widow yet, and still has Artemis on 5/29, Soul on 6/19, and Free Guy on 7/3. Probably Mulan gets shifted on one of those dates. Maybe July 3rd is the most likely.

AMC, Regal and many other chains are closing for 6+ weeks. The question is how many theaters reopen and what they have to show when they do. New Mutants is a better candidate to get released in that type of situation than Black Widow or Mulan because if it flops it's no big deal and international isn't as big of a deal. Theaters internationally could be closed throughout the summer and international distributors for major releases may not want a domestic release to proceed theirs for months or even a year.

By the end of March, we'll have a better idea. A theatrical release isn't entirely out of the picture since the marketing campaign is fairly complete and Disney could pretty easily just toss New Mutants out for the theaters that are open in late May or June. Maybe that's only 2,000 theaters but it's something to help keep them in business.

I'm honestly surprised Black Widow is still going ahead at the current time.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised Black Widow is still going ahead at the current time.
    Its not scheduled until May but if I were a betting man I would say there is a 95% chance it will get its delay announcement soon. This is one I can see pushed back until 2021 to be honest. Considering Shang-Chi had to have production halted, theres a chance it may not be ready for its original date, which gives them an oppurtunity to shift BW and/or Eternals
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-17-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Welp looks like BW was pushed back

https://t.co/guS7C2IQfT?amp=1
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I'll be interested to see if the Universal model of bringing theatrical films to streaming quickly will encourage other movie companies to do the same. We may just see other films go straight to VOD despite the contractual implications.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

I think New Mutants could still release in August or September (I mean, c'mon, this has to get over WELL before then, right?).

Black Widow will now probably take Eternals' spot in early November, and Eternals will be shifted to February of next year to take Shang-Chi's current spot (SC production has halted so it's obviously not finishing on time anyway).

Mulan could possibly be a Christmas release now (Unless Disney want Black Widow for Christmas).

Bet the pressure is reeeeealy off now lol

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...-dark-phoenix/
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think New Mutants could still release in August or September (I mean, c'mon, this has to get over WELL before then, right?).

Black Widow will now probably take Eternals' spot in early November, and Eternals will be shifted to February of next year to take Shang-Chi's current spot (SC production has halted so it's obviously not finishing on time anyway).

Mulan could possibly be a Christmas release now (Unless Disney want Black Widow for Christmas).
    Black Widow has now been pushed back. October will be the last chance for new mutants but we don't know yet how bad this thing will get.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Bet the pressure is reeeeealy off now lol

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...-dark-phoenix/

Boone added: "Look, you can only go up after Dark Phoenix. That's not to say anything bad about the people involved, but it was what it was.

Thats what people said after Apocalypse

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apocalypse must've sent his Horsemen out to punish us after his movie bombed.
    "Cable was right!"