Page 326 of 386 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    My question was less about NM, and more about... if there are only a handful of theaters opening at a time, what are they showing? What's the point? Did they have a small stock of "coming soon" films stored ready for opening day (as in the music industry sometimes you'd have new releases a month ahead of time to help plan for the release day), or would it basically only be March's releases?
    The growing unrest is why this is happening, but an increase of cases would shut it back down.

My question was less about NM, and more about... if there are only a handful of theaters opening at a time, what are they showing? What's the point? Did they have a small stock of "coming soon" films stored ready for opening day (as in the music industry sometimes you'd have new releases a month ahead of time to help plan for the release day), or would it basically only be March's releases?
    A theater cant air a movie that doesnt have a release date. Since there were little to no releases in April, they can only air what's officially out. Whats the point? There may have been movies that came out in March, but most people didnt see them bc of the shutdowns. They now have the chance to see them with the movie experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A theater cant air a movie that doesnt have a release date. Since there were little to no releases in April, they can only air what's officially out. Whats the point? There may have been movies that came out in March, but most people didnt see them bc of the shutdowns. They now have the chance to see them with the movie experience.
    Well I think it's premature for movie theaters to be opening anywhere. How will they practice social distancing? Only using every other row with to seats between their guest? But what if a family wanted to see a movie together? How would they separate one party from the next? How will they make money? I know any amount is better than nothing but...
    I feel it's too much of a risk to have people hold up in an enclosed space for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well I think it's premature for movie theaters to be opening anywhere. How will they practice social distancing? Only using every other row with to seats between their guest? But what if a family wanted to see a movie together? How would they separate one party from the next? How will they make money? I know any amount is better than nothing but...
    I feel it's too much of a risk to have people hold up in an enclosed space for a couple of hours.
    Movie theaters were already doing this before they shut down so thats not a big issue.

And IA that its too soon, which GA is currently being criticized for

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fair enough. Wasn't sure if perhaps some theaters had a copy of something that was released "home premiere" that they could technically show. Interesting to think about the hypothetical regardless of how they effect NM.

And yes Maestro, I could absolutely see a second wave happening sooner than later thanks to the protests and such.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Plus with reduced seats you get reduced returns. Not to mention people will complain places being sold out with the restricted seating. Just seems like a disaster.

I work in a small movie theatre here in the UK and yeah, I have no idea what's going to happen. The last movies we were showing before the Lockdown were the likes of Sonic, Emma, Onward, Military Wives, My Spy and The Call of the Wild. Half of those are already released on streaming or digital release and others didn't do well in terms of numbers so I don't see them putting those back on. I'd rather we not open until we have some official release dates and a plan put forward for distancing, but it's hard to tell how long we'll be in this situation for as you can't really plan anything around something that doesn't have an 'end date'. I'll be surprised if we open before June.

If all else fails we might as well just play The Greatest Showman for a couple weeks, that film sold out for months.

So interesting question...

If theaters slowly start rolling openings out do they just keep playing what they had pre-lockdown? Or would the companies be able to provide them with new titles? I know a lot of older theaters still run on reels so curious how they would make sure everyone gets started on the same footing.

The drive-in theaters currently open are showing movies which were out in early March including Onward, Invisible Man, and Bloodshoot. Trolls World Tour opened on digital and is playing in a few theaters so it did have a theatrical showing to satisfy contractual obligations.

Trolls World Tour made enough on premium video on demand that WB is releasing their Scooby Doo reboot straight to digital.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Plus with reduced seats you get reduced returns. Not to mention people will complain places being sold out with the restricted seating. Just seems like a disaster.
    I think folks would settle for ANY returns at this point.

Also wouldn't this be a good time to test how powerful Google Zoom is????

Hear me out

Couldn't the film be streamed from the theater? So for those at home-they can stream it and the film is still in theaters.

We made This Movie was done like this-shown in a theater and online at the same time.

It might not get you a billion but it can get you something.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think folks would settle for ANY returns at this point.

Also wouldn't this be a good time to test how powerful Google Zoom is????

Hear me out

Couldn't the film be streamed from the theater? So for those at home-they can stream it and the film is still in theaters.

We made This Movie was done like this-shown in a theater and online at the same time.

It might not get you a billion but it can get you something.
    Stream from theater? What is the point of the theaters then? Movie studios would rather cut out the middle man and stream it themselves. Many already have the platforms to do so

Josh Boone indicated on Instagram there's at least the possibility of New Mutants being released VOD:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_QstFBBHFP/

Although, there's no context and I do wonder if Josh might want a digital release rather than a theatrical simply for reasons related to feelings about how soon movie theaters should open. There are very conflicted feelings in the film industry about whether there is a moral responsibility not to release movie which will drive COVIDiots into theaters even if states like Georgia open up - which may financially destroy theaters and leave many in the industry out of work.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 04-21-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Josh Boone indicated on Instagram there's at least the possibility of New Mutants being released VOD:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_QstFBBHFP/

Although, there's no context and I do wonder if Josh might want a digital release rather than a theatrical simply for reasons related to feelings about how soon movie theaters should open. There are very conflicted feelings in the film industry about whether there is a moral responsibility not to release movie which will drive COVIDiots into theaters even if states like Georgia open up - which may financially destroy theaters and leave many in the industry out of work.
    I mean regardless of the future nothing will be the same. People won't have the same experience of moviegoing before this.

Some people are flooding back to beaches when they reopened like nothing happened. But that's not everyone and it will take a very long time to get massive crowds back at theaters for openings like Avengers Endgame.

Even with Georgia and other states reopening, the major theater chains aren't going to be back up and running any time soon. AMC is talking about June, Cinemark July and Regal doesn't have a date yet: https://deadline.com/2020/04/movie-t...us-1202914949/

Most people aren't going to go to the theater to see old movies so it's studios releasing new movies which is needed to actual drive business to theaters which reopen and drive-ins.

Fantastic Member

I believe Disney will probably release New Mutants in the beginning of July in order to test whether or not Mulan needs to be moved again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Some people are flooding back to beaches when they reopened like nothing happened. But that's not everyone and it will take a very long time to get massive crowds back at theaters for openings like Avengers Endgame.
    Not to mention some people see beaches as "open air" and less contained. In that mindset the virus is less likely to spread. However a movie theater you've being coughed on by the person behind you or rubbing elbows with strangers. I could see them easily spacing out seats so that's less of an issue, but what a headache as not everyone sees movies in pairs.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right