Page 331 of 386 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5790
    Fantastic Member

It appears that New Mutants is still getting a release date in theaters.
    https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...u.gah/fa16ddcb

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    It appears that New Mutants is still getting a release date in theaters.
    https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...u.gah/fa16ddcb
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

New international spot has surfaced online

part 1

Last edited by juan678; 05-10-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Thank you for sharing the article link (and gif) juan678! I really enjoyed getting some more info on the narrative being constructed within New Mutants, and some additional detail on in-film histories. The bits about Illyana were particularly intriguing and.... I'm here for it.

Positive sign that movies are moving forward with July release with upstart Solstice Studios making Unhinged the first major release on July 1st. I have a hunch that Disney wouldn't want to have the "first" major release and there would be some of these smaller studios wanting to get buzz from doing that.

But then LA County's press conference indicated they may keep the stay-at-home orders in affect through the end of July. There's been indications that studios won't release major releases without NY and LA open, so if the stay-at-home order is extended to the end of friggin' July, then WB will have to move Tenet and Disney will move Mulan.

The question is if Disney would release New Mutants in July if LA's theaters aren't open. With the number of states and countries opening up theaters, it's going to put studios in a bind that theaters have nothing to show.

Already LA has higher unemployment than in the Great Depression and if this lockdown is extended for another two and half months. Dear lord.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Positive sign that movies are moving forward with July release with upstart Solstice Studios making Unhinged the first major release on July 1st. I have a hunch that Disney wouldn't want to have the "first" major release and there would be some of these smaller studios wanting to get buzz from doing that.

But then LA County's press conference indicated they may keep the stay-at-home orders in affect through the end of July. There's been indications that studios won't release major releases without NY and LA open, so if the stay-at-home order is extended to the end of friggin' July, then WB will have to move Tenet and Disney will move Mulan.

The question is if Disney would release New Mutants in July if LA's theaters aren't open. With the number of states and countries opening up theaters, it's going to put studios in a bind that theaters have nothing to show.

Already LA has higher unemployment than in the Great Depression and if this lockdown is extended for another two and half months. Dear lord.
    I work in film. Baring a sudden vaccine, This year is a wash. Anyone telling you otherwise has no idea what they’re talking about. And yes, everyone is trying. There are outlandish suggestions being thrown around. However, sitting groups of people in a room for two hours - eating (no mask), then coughing - in a notoriously FILTHY room just isn’t going to work. Losing our LARGEST markets is also, not going to work. Cutting a screening room BY HALF, also, not going to work.

Expect some to try, purely to get out of contracts for a quick VOD release. But ultimately, the theatrical release model just doesn’t work within a global pandemic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post

I doubt the lockdown will be extended that long because if it does there are going to be MASSIVE protests from people demanding that the state be reopen.

I personally give it to the middle of June before things start to reopen again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    I doubt the lockdown will be extended that long because if it does there are going to be MASSIVE protests from people demanding that the state be reopen.

I personally give it to the middle of June before things start to reopen again.
    That doesn’t matter. We are a “word of mouth” industry, still. Which in many ways makes us more vulnerable. Imagine a huge release, and two weeks later the headline of an outbreak traced back to a specific theatre and/screening? Not to mention theatre owners liability? We spend MILLIONS on marketing campaigns, only to lose more than HALF of revenue on first week splits...then a headline comes out and what? The picture is DOA. Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    I work in film. Baring a sudden vaccine, This year is a wash. Anyone telling you otherwise has no idea what they’re talking about. And yes, everyone is trying. There are outlandish suggestions being thrown around. However, sitting groups of people in a room for two hours - eating (no mask), then coughing - in a notoriously FILTHY room just isn’t going to work. Losing our LARGEST markets is also, not going to work. Cutting a screening room BY HALF, also, not going to work.

Expect some to try, purely to get out of contracts for a quick VOD release. But ultimately, the theatrical release model just doesn’t work within a global pandemic.
    A vaccine won't actually help when surveys show over 50% people will refuse to take one. But theaters never closed in Sweden. They're still open. When you realistically look at the death rate, there isn't the need to be hiding in our homes.

I don't think everyone has given up that theaters aren't going reopen. If Marvel Comics announced they were going to just go digital and give up on comic book stores, what would fans think?

The theatrical distribution model is still going to be supported and I do think we will see some theaters opening.

But I know so many people right now who are unemployed and have no idea what they are going to.

And here's what Disney's Bob Chapek said:

Just as with the theme parks, Chapek said he believes there is a lot of "pent-up demand" for theatrical releases and confirmed that Mulan will be released in theaters July 24. "It really only becomes an issue on Friday night and Saturday night and to a lesser extent on Sunday night," he said of limiting capacity at screenings. "In that particular case, I think that can be managed. I think it will be up to our exhibitors who we partner with. I think that is a very good release date for that particular title."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...pening-1294158
    I do know someone at one studio and I know what their plans are for the year. But they aren't in the same position Disney is financially. And everything could change depending on what happens with this virus. No one knows what's going to happen in a few months.

People are piling into restaurants reopening and to beaches. And there's going to be those afraid to go. Drive-ins had been doing well (at least Mission Tiki in So Cal, but their numbers are down since their offerings are not that great. I don't think any studios will waste a major release, but they'll toss the theaters that are open a bone.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 05-12-2020 at 06:46 PM.